Wow, this is funny

Lou Dog OG

#1 Utility
My wife tells me today that her mom said that her dad said that he read that UPS was going under...

My father-in-law is a smart ass dude, it blows my mind that he could read something so dumb and believe it or interpret it as that...

You have no idea how much this is bugging me...:surprised:

Not to mention that my wife even had a thought that this could be true just cuz I mentioned layoffs...

I'm off to find the quarterly report for her ass... Sheesh!!

I can't believe this!

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
While I really don't think UPS is in danger of "going under" I am sure if you searched long enough you could find an old Railway Express employee than could recall laughing at this same idea.

raceanoncr

While I really don't think UPS is in danger of "going under" I am sure if you searched long enough you could find an old Railway Express employee than could recall laughing at this same idea.

Or Pan American Airways, Eastern Airways, Enron, AIG, Lehman Brothers...

Big Babooba

I truly believe that UPS makes a profit purely by accident. Today I was told to make a pickup that was 10 miles from where I was. I had to break off and hang 16 stops to get there before they closed. While I was making the pickup, I saw 2 UPS trucks drive by. I ended up over 10 hours. I told my boss, thank$$$$$$.

rod

Retired 22 years
I truly believe that UPS makes a profit purely by accident. quote]

That saying should be made into a bronze plaque and hung in every center manager's office:peaceful: It really don't appear that the right hand knows what the left hand is doing

satellitedriver

I truly believe that UPS makes a profit purely by accident. Today I was told to make a pickup that was 10 miles from where I was. I had to break off and hang 16 stops to get there before they closed. While I was making the pickup, I saw 2 UPS trucks drive by. I ended up over 10 hours. I told my boss, thank$$$$$$.
Same thing happened to me today.
ODS pick up at 3 o'clock. 10 miles away into another drivers route.
I had already run the area, of my 600 sq mile route, near that address
I did it and never even flinched when I punched out at 9 o'clock.
It would have taken longer doing the diad text message run around as it would to just to do it.
Stupid is as stupid does.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A few years back I had a guy on my route who kept insisting that UPS was going out of business. Every time I delivered to him he would tell me how "they are laying off drivers right and left back East, thats what I hear."

This kept up for a few weeks before he asked me "have you ever thought of a career change?" Thats when it dawned on me to look at what I was delivering to him....Amway. The guy was trying to get an Amway business off of the ground and he had the bright idea that if he got me scared enough for my job I could just work for him and peddle soap right out of the back of the truck. What an a-hole!:biting:

satellitedriver

A few years back I had a guy on my route who kept insisting that UPS was going out of business. Every time I delivered to him he would tell me how "they are laying off drivers right and left back East, thats what I hear."

This kept up for a few weeks before he asked me "have you ever thought of a career change?" Thats when it dawned on me to look at what I was delivering to him....Amway. The guy was trying to get an Amway business off of the ground and he had the bright idea that if he got me scared enough for my job I could just work for him and peddle soap right out of the back of the truck. What an a-hole!:biting:
Same song, different verse.
In the early 90's, an insurance agency owner stopped me in his parking lot and told me he wanted to hire me as a salesman.
He told me with my looks and personality that I could make $40,000.00 a year.
When I told him I already made more than that, you should have seen his jaw drop.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Same song, different verse.
In the early 90's, an insurance agency owner stopped me in his parking lot and told me he wanted to hire me as a salesman.
He told me with my looks and personality that I could make $40,000.00 a year.
When I told him I already made more than that, you should have seen his jaw drop.
Whats his number? I can probaly make 6 digits than! Lmao

Lou Dog OG

#1 Utility
im not saying we can't go out of business someday (leads people! lol) but to be reading that right now is the funny and very laughable part.

and the comment about fed ex must be hiring... hilarious!!:happy-very: