Write ups for misloads?

ThatOnePreloader

Unprofessional Professional
We just had a PCM and were told that we could be given write ups for as little as a single misload. Is anyone else experiencing this? How would this even work for people like me who share 7 package cars with another person? We both load all the cars instead of being split 3 & 4, how would they know who committed the misload? Is this even allowed? I mean I’m sure if someone has constant problem then whatever; but just one??? Come on.

Grieve It

Local 174
We just had a PCM and were told that we could be given write ups for as little as a single misload. Is anyone else experiencing this? How would this even work for people like me who share 7 package cars with another person? We both load all the cars instead of being split 3 & 4, how would they know who committed the misload? Is this even allowed? I mean I’m sure if someone has constant problem then whatever; but just one??? Come on.

Now is a great time to exercise your right as a union member and document what happens when they approach you with a write-up because they will. Fortunately for you, you happen to share trucks and if they write up one employee, they will need to write up the other. Otherwise, this may be seen as retaliation against you for whatever reason. Even if they write you both up, you're most certainly going to want to file a grievance and challenge the discipline simply because they do not know who is actually responsible for the misloads.

Take note of who they aren't writing up and be sure to include that in your grievance as well. It might not seem like a big deal, but if they try to fire you in the future, it will be one less thing on your record. That is if you are successful at throwing this out, which you will most likely be.

This doesn't mean that you should use the union as a way of getting away with misloading drivers. Do the best you possibly can, brother.

ThatOnePreloader

Unprofessional Professional
Now is a great time to exercise your right as a union member and document what happens when they approach you with a write-up because they will. Fortunately for you, you happen to share trucks and if they write up one employee, they will need to write up the other. Otherwise, this may be seen as retaliation against you for whatever reason. Even if they write you both up, you're most certainly going to want to file a grievance and challenge the discipline simply because they do not know who is actually responsible for the misloads.

Take note of who they aren't writing up and be sure to include that in your grievance as well. It might not seem like a big deal, but if they try to fire you in the future, it will be one less thing on your record. That is if you are successful at throwing this out, which you will most likely be.

This doesn't mean that you should use the union as a way of getting away with misloading drivers. Do the best you possibly can, brother.
My thoughts exactly. I usually don’t misload but sometimes it’s inevtiable. Thanks!

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
If anybody else helps you load,or even if you think someone puts a package into one of your cars, grieve it as they cannot prove who loaded the misload

Box Ox

If my management team had done this when I was a preloader they’d have been buried in grievance paperwork up to their :censored2:ing necks.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
no soup for you

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would expect that both of these preloaders would get different colored crayons to write the PAL numbers on the boxes. It's the only fair way to do it with multiple people loading one car.

Box Ox

I would expect that both of these preloaders would get different colored crayons to write the PAL numbers on the boxes. It's the only fair way to do it with multiple people loading one car.

Who gets the blame when a number isn't crayoned onto a letter, small, other package or package that was part of a rapid fire 50 piece bulk stop?

Or write up both preloaders for any misloads.

No. If there's another preloader even helping you wrap up your routes at the very end of the sort, you don't get any blame related to any route they touched. Even for a minute.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Who gets the blame when a number isn't crayoned onto a letter, small, other package or package that was part of a rapid fire 50 piece bulk stop?

No. If there's another preloader even helping you wrap up your routes at the very end of the sort, you don't get any blame related to any route they touched. Even for a minute.

Rapid.....Fire......Bulkstop
WTF is that, LOL

I'm not a PT line sup, but if I was and my FT boss was riding me,
I'd slap them both with a "not following instructions" by not circling the PAL label with the special Crayolas I provided.

In real life, I couldn't care less. ;)

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
We don’t crayon PALs, we just have to have the labels facing outward
After enough missorts you will, LOL
Sounds like you're doing a good job.

giphy.gif