Write ups for misloads?

Box Ox

I assume you meant when they segregate a bulk stop and bring it to the side of your car and someone helps load it.
I've never heard it used with that terminology, lol

Would have been nice had bulk stops been handled that way. Didn't have the space in the building or between trucks for it. So, rapid fire 50+ piece bulk stop ultra megaladon historic suprendous narniatastic dudastic shots were not uncommon.

That's when you get :censored2: load of packages for your truck all at once.

Like today when my 330 pieces car got a 40 piece add/cut while 20pcs for an electronics store, 36 pcs for a local business, and 14 pcs of lighting ballasts were incoming.. then got a cut for my 4th car. It was rapid firing out of the giant cock'n'balls of UPS.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
4 people got warnings today and yesterday for misloads: each would average around 2-10 misloads A DAY.
Sounds like a failure of management.
Management obviously hasn't trained them well enough.
I would file a grievance for every disciplinary action.
Teamsters not properly trained in methods will misload.
This clearly is a Management problem.

lolbr

Here's a paraphrased quote from a preload supervisor back when I was on preload. "The management higher up won't let me really do anything about the lack of effort or knowledge of the preloaders. If I micromanage them or discipline them, they may quit. The management higher up would rather them come in and do the work wrong then have to explain the higher turnover rate if they were to quit or get fired."

specter208

Here's a paraphrased quote from a preload supervisor back when I was on preload. "The management higher up won't let me really do anything about the lack of effort or knowledge of the preloaders. If I micromanage them or discipline them, they may quit. The management higher up would rather them come in and do the work wrong then have to explain the higher turnover rate if they were to quit or get fired."
Your manager needs to buy preload free food to improve morale.

Every morning as I sign into my scanner, I am welcomed by my supervisor and union steward with a write up sheet because of a misload. Managers come and hastle me in middle of shift asking why certain packages haven’t been scanned cause they can see on the computer, yet when it comes to a misload, they will not tell you the HIN number or which package it was cause 50% chance it was systems fault not yours. But someone has to take the blame so they can show corporate.
First my write ups were warning letters, then suspensions. As much as I welcomed a suspension, I knew they wouldn’t do anything to me cause I have the toughest loads on the belt and nobody likes to do those trucks, so I never filed a grievance. But they just gave me discharge letter for 5 misloads between 3 trucks. So now I’m waiting till last minute to file grievance and we’ll see if union really has my back.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Every morning as I sign into my scanner, I am welcomed by my supervisor and union steward with a write up sheet because of a misload. Managers come and hastle me in middle of shift asking why certain packages haven’t been scanned cause they can see on the computer, yet when it comes to a misload, they will not tell you the HIN number or which package it was cause 50% chance it was systems fault not yours. But someone has to take the blame so they can show corporate.
First my write ups were warning letters, then suspensions. As much as I welcomed a suspension, I knew they wouldn’t do anything to me cause I have the toughest loads on the belt and nobody likes to do those trucks, so I never filed a grievance. But they just gave me discharge letter for 5 misloads between 3 trucks. So now I’m waiting till last minute to file grievance and we’ll see if union really has my back.
not sure how you have misloads and your using a scanner. It beeps when you go in the wrong car

not sure how you have misloads and your using a scanner. It beeps when you go in the wrong car

That’s what I mean when I say half the time it’s not my fault. I get packages with no label, but barcode scans saying it’s mine. Or I get something with label but when scanned it says “do not load”, and supervisor says get it in the truck anyway. Or package with no label, just my truck name written on it in crayon.
There are times toward end of my shift I don’t scan cause I’m in a rush, but the next day when I’m told I had a misload, I make sure to scan everything and will even say outload the name of the truck I’m entering, and I will still have a misload. It just seems like a no-win situation.

Jkloc420

That’s what I mean when I say half the time it’s not my fault. I get packages with no label, but barcode scans saying it’s mine. Or I get something with label but when scanned it says “do not load”, and supervisor says get it in the truck anyway. Or package with no label, just my truck name written on it in crayon.
There are times toward end of my shift I don’t scan cause I’m in a rush, but the next day when I’m told I had a misload, I make sure to scan everything and will even say outload the name of the truck I’m entering, and I will still have a misload. It just seems like a no-win situation.
if it says do not load, dont load it. Put it back on the belt or take it to the clerk. You do know you can file a grievance on every write up thry give you. You also dont have to sign them.

Jkloc420

T
the scanners tell you everything you need to know. It tells you where every package goes. It dont have to have a hin label. Scan everything, no need to be in a rush.

Staydryitsraining

You might be disciplined. 9/10 times they say this will happen and it doesnt. Just say ok. If it happens file grievances on everything. They will leave you alone after that. Come in everyday and on time.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You really should have grieved everything from the get-go. 1/week or less just claim harassment, 2 or more start recording every time anyone touches a damn thing.

The unsung threat against my management team is I will slow down to a baby's crawl for 6 months straight if I get a warning letter for MLs. Too damn bad.