written up for calling out sick

satellitedriver

I guess I am the fool here.
It took me 21yrs, before I ever called in sick.
I felt guilty doing it.
When I hung up the phone, my sweet wife smiled at me and said,
"It only hurts the first time."

drewed

Shankman
about the texting thing.....id rather have them text over call i sleep through text phone calls def will wake me up...if they call the center its hit or miss whether or not i get that message

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I guess I am the fool here.
It took me 21yrs, before I ever called in sick.
I felt guilty doing it.
When I hung up the phone, my sweet wife smiled at me and said,
"It only hurts the first time."

Did you get an award for perfect attendance?
I still have the Zenith portable radio I got for 3 years perfect attendance in 1976. It's our bad weather radio. As I remember, UPS only had that program for a few years and it was probably a local thing.

about the texting thing.....id rather have them text over call i sleep through text phone calls def will wake me up...if they call the center its hit or miss whether or not i get that message
If they have your number to text you, they can call you on your cell.

Do not cell phone text me, I will not reply.

cdonals

ok everyone first off none of you have given me any help on this situation except criticize it. now the reason y i texted my sup is because i couldnt talk and then when i tried to call he ignored the call. i said that in the original message but i guess noone payed any attention soo wut the :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:

cdonals

hah...bbag!

Here, have a refreshing drink of the UPS SODA. Say Onething Do Another.

The sup should be written up for being a maroon. Unless there's something we're missing (or it varies by region) you can take up to 2 days out, 3 days requires a doctors visit and it's approval. I believe this varies.

Anyways, don't worry about it. As long as the story is how you described.:funny:

no i had allready been working about a month and a half so i passed my probation; and he told me that night that i needed to bring in a doctors note the next night. see i had been sick all day and i thought i'd be better by the time i had to go to work since i work the night shift but i wasnt and all he could do was be a :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ing dick about it

browndevil

ok everyone first off none of you have given me any help on this situation except criticize it. now the reason y i texted my sup is because i couldnt talk and then when i tried to call he ignored the call. i said that in the original message but i guess noone payed any attention soo wut the :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:
I wasn't going to chime in but.........I actually see your point as why you texted your sup. 1. you could not talk 2. texting is a new way of communicating from the next generation

As an old timer speaking here I can tell you your sups don't usually answer sick calls and when they do they may berate you. So what I do is state my name and state my business then hang up. I may sometimes preface the call with "don't take this personally but"
Good Luck

Last edited:

sx2700

Banned

Get used to it. All you'll get is criticism here. They will just assume you are some punk kid with no work ethic that just wants the day off to play Madden 09 on the Xbox.

over9five

Staff member
Get used to it. All you'll get is criticism here. They will just assume you are some punk kid with no work ethic that just wants the day off to play Madden 09 on the Xbox.

If he wanted to be taken seriously, he would have acted and typed like an adult, instead of like a 14 year old girl chatting with her friends on AIM.

C'mon! Texting in sick? You have an adult job now, time to start acting like one.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Hey wuz UP my BIGGIE BIG bossmaN i staz home 4 Da day cuz i fellng sic!!!!!!!!!! think i gut a cold B N 2 MORRAH new GUY party on Wayne!!!!!!!! I hopes i aint gut 2 c a docta cuz its only bundle fevah b cool dude :funny::funny::funny::funny:

evilleace

Well if you couldn't talk then IMO calling would have been better because then you could have proved to him you couldn't talk. I often don't hear text messages so the sup might not have heard it and then been really pissed. Plus texting just says I am to scared to talk or you are not important enough for a call.

ALso I don't just think he wants to stay home and play xbox but he has a job he needs to grow up be mature act responsible and handle his own business the right way not like he is talking to one of his friends about weekend plans!

705red

Browncafe Steward
If he wanted to be taken seriously, he would have acted and typed like an adult, instead of like a 14 year old girl chatting with her friends on AIM.

C'mon! Texting in sick? You have an adult job now, time to start acting like one.
I text and im old enough to be considered an adult! But childish enough to never want to grow up!

I still wear my hat backwards!

Omg! :censored2::censored2::censored2:? Lmao? lkd!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I booked off work today because I was sick.
I had the driver supervisor's number who does the manning, so I called him.
(thinking I would bypass the 20 minute wait calling the center)
He answered the phone but then told me He wasn't in til later because of a dentist appointment.
So I had to call the center anyways.

Moral of the story

Just call the number they give you
Texting out sick is not a good idea

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Did you get an award for perfect attendance?
I still have the Zenith portable radio I got for 3 years perfect attendance in 1976. It's our bad weather radio. As I remember, UPS only had that program for a few years and it was probably a local thing.

Hoax, I had perfect attendance my first year and received a gift certificate to Outback Steakhouse.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I agree with you. Like I have said before, it seems there is some Brown Cafe posting code. If you do not follow the clowns that need to post as much as possible, well, watch out. Seems nobody remembers that they were also "new" at one point. Not only here but at work as well. Give 'em a few thousand posts, though, and everyone is expected to bow to there Supreme Brown Cafe Intellect. Personally, I come here to have fun and agitate where I can. Some do not like this. Of course, I really do not care what others think. A hundred years from now, most of this won't matter, at least not to any of us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with you. Like I have said before, it seems there is some Brown Cafe posting code. If you do not follow the clowns that need to post as much as possible, well, watch out. Seems nobody remembers that they were also "new" at one point. Not only here but at work as well. Give 'em a few thousand posts, though, and everyone is expected to bow to there Supreme Brown Cafe Intellect. Personally, I come here to have fun and agitate where I can. Some do not like this. Of course, I really do not care what others think. A hundred years from now, most of this won't matter, at least not to any of us.

This was a coherent, well thought out post. Now, if you'll excuse, I am late as I am performing at the circus this evening.

over9five

Staff member

I resemble that remark! I was never "new"!