Writting Grievance for doing things your not willing to do????

moreluck

golden ticket member
Have you heard about paragraphs?

Old timer's eyes need a resting spot.....hit "enter" a couple times and you won't have such a jumble of words.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have you heard about paragraphs?

Old timer's eyes need a resting spot.....hit "enter" a couple times and you won't have such a jumble of words.

Are you kidding me? You post novels rather than links yet give this guy a hard time about a few run on sentences.

To the OP---the one thing you must keep in mind is that a union shop promotes medicority. It is up to you to turn that mediocrity into productivity.

Does my 21 years qualify me as an old timer?

moreluck

golden ticket member
A huge blob of words is unreadable....your eyes keep going back to the same sentence. I don't care if he uses the 10,000 allowed words per post, but put a rest stop in there.

Exit your bed from the other side tomorrow.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Are you kidding me? You post novels rather than links yet give this guy a hard time about a few run on sentences.

To the OP---the one thing you must keep in mind is that a union shop promotes medicority. It is up to you to turn that mediocrity into productivity.

Does my 21 years qualify me as an old timer?

This Postrr is a majoro a-holeo. LLLLLOOOSER
Can you say Bully???? He may have something going that he thinks is above others.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
i really dont know why i sit here and read the comments you old timers have to say. When you first apply to that particular job.. Dont they give you in specific details of what the job requires??? I mean honestly why do you come to ups for?.. to talk **** and walk around like you own the place? and babble about how much you hate management and criticize their every move? re-read your initial post LOL No one here instigated these threads you made i get the vibe that you seem like im slaving employees. Which is not the case at all. I give you the freedom you want just do your job. Now think about it. You been in the company for 20+ yrs ( which is great you been in the long run ) so your very old enough to know what needs to be done.. Now why should i bother to go look for you when your not in the area or let you know to go back to work when u talking for 20 mins and the belt is backed up? The only thing you should hear from me is how you did a good job whether your in the company all your life thats fine. people come and go. And if your feeling too old to do the job we can always find something more suitable for you in which you can fit the right category based on you limitations. But then again they wouldn't want to be moved so they pull out the seniority card. I try to touch base with you on employees breaking their back for the company etc. I understand because i didnt come into ups as a sup. I started as a loader.. and i worked my asss off. doing 3 trailers and more then 2500 scans a day. no misloads the pph off the roof all for a paycheck of $110. a week. none of that matters in the end, except for personal achievement and sense of accomplishment. IMO it makes you look bad, unless you're doing those numbers with ease. Alot of you have very bad perception about sups. And i agree that at times some employees are treated unfairly. But not everyone is the same as you said. I do recognize my employees if i see they put effort in it. But i mean it is what it is. you cant change who i am and i cant change who you are but i can change the way things run in my operation and ill do whatever it takes to make sure that the goals are accomplished. and dillweed. im not in training anymore =]

I agree, no one should be walking away from their work area for more than 5-10 minutes, ever. That's stealing time. If they do for a valid reason, they should not be working, instead at a doctor or hopsital for evaluation.
However, that is , in my experience ( close to 10 years and 3 buildings) about 2% of people. 98% do not steal time.

hypocrisy

Banned
This guy cracks me up, I have been through so many "Jaces" that thought they had the cahones to "step up to the plate". None of them are working at UPS anymore but I, and many like me, are still here: doing the job the way it should be done to make it to retirement.

They all learn the hard way two important lessons:

"A candle burns brightest just before it burns out"

"When you think you have power, know that UPS gives you just enough rope to hang yourself with".

jace1319

crowbar......... thats nice of you to say that. Unfortunately for you.. Theres only 1 jace and just as much as they can get rid of me.. someone has the power to get rid of you. but thats good on the other hand that you do what you have to do.. until then .....keep up the good work and be a fair employee =]. and last but certainly not least. Many tried and a few succeed... You should of def been one of my employees =]. OJS everyday and constant supervision =] dont worry i wont cross the line of harassing you lol.

bigblu 2 you

crowbar......... thats nice of you to say that. Unfortunately for you.. Theres only 1 jace and just as much as they can get rid of me.. someone has the power to get rid of you. but thats good on the other hand that you do what you have to do.. until then .....keep up the good work and be a fair employee =]. and last but certainly not least. Many tried and a few succeed... You should of def been one of my employees =]. OJS everyday and constant supervision =] dont worry i wont cross the line of harassing you lol.
o to be young and full of koo-laid.

22.34life

lol thanks for the heads up UPSSOCKS. Yea you got a point there. i think the reason some employees think their untouchable is because no one has step up to the plate to challenge them. But unfortunately to everything has an end. Im patiently documenting until i can build my case and its on. Bringing a shop steward everyday if i have to until some people learn how to do their jobs properly. Some ppl are really ungrateful especially in this bad economy. How many people would love to work right now? meanwhile we have people that take their jobs for granted.. smh
I like the way you said YOU will bring a steward,YOU wont do anything your friend/t sup might but you wont.wait until all this documentation you have gets thrown in the trash by one of your brain child co sups,you will find out after you have worked for ups a while that things are not kept track of very well here.look man you want some good advice do your job the best you can ,if that means diciplining someone that really deserves it than so be it but dont be out to prove something,like your the new sheriff in town.the people that last in the long run at ups are the ones that fly under the rader,low key,quite,but the guys that have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove,they dont last and thats on the union side and managment.anyone with any sense who has been here any kind of time knows this is true.

UPSSOCKS

I like the way you said YOU will bring a steward,YOU wont do anything your friend/t sup might but you wont.wait until all this documentation you have gets thrown in the trash by one of your brain child co sups,you will find out after you have worked for ups a while that things are not kept track of very well here.look man you want some good advice do your job the best you can ,if that means diciplining someone that really deserves it than so be it but dont be out to prove something,like your the new sheriff in town.the people that last in the long run at ups are the ones that fly under the rader,low key,quite,but the guys that have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove,they dont last and thats on the union side and managment.anyone with any sense who has been here any kind of time knows this is true.

Go out with the chip.. The quiet fly under the radar type is good for union bums but not management. You are the new sheriff in town. Make sure everyone knows it too.. When you make your troops fall in line, full time management will notice. The most annoying feeling in the world is when your part time sup asks you to talk to people for them. I used to love to see part time sups drop the hammer.... Here's the catch they know if they don't take it from you, it's coming from someone else... So give it to them first..

UPSF Peeon

man i hate unions

"thats not fair! you are paying me $30 an hour and providing health insurance for me and my family, paid vacations and holidays and a pension, why should i do anything more then read a newspaper?!"

coming from a union employee

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Jace, you are more of a blank slate than a full slate of stupidity. You are probably very young and naive though according to your posts and ideas of the work place.

Usually the PT supervisors have far more talent than the FT ones, so that fact is in your corner.

Look at UPSSOCKS for example. Look at any FT supervisor in your building. THey will never be promoted, it's the end of the line for them. They are tired and old bullies that are just counting days until they get out. There is nothing more to learn, nowhere to go, it's simply a low level management job and then out.

You on the other hand have your future ahead of you. So what you need to do is start learning the job, the company, and the people. Believe me even 5 or 10 years doesn't mean squat when you spend 5 or 10 years doing the same thing and thinking you know everything.

We have several PT supervisors in our hub that are in their early 20s and think they know everything and what's best. IT's sad because they also think they are in the FT sort managers pocket, and that they're heading fast into promotion. That is the exact opposite of reality. What these supervisors need to do is TALK to the people actually DOING the work.

Talk to people, learn about them and WHAT makes them work for you! You can't treat everyone the same and expect everyone to fall in line and work hard for you.

GSOHUB

Jace, you are more of a blank slate than a full slate of stupidity. You are probably very young and naive though according to your posts and ideas of the work place.

Usually the PT supervisors have far more talent than the FT ones, so that fact is in your corner.

Look at UPSSOCKS for example. Look at any FT supervisor in your building. THey will never be promoted, it's the end of the line for them. They are tired and old bullies that are just counting days until they get out. There is nothing more to learn, nowhere to go, it's simply a low level management job and then out.

You on the other hand have your future ahead of you. So what you need to do is start learning the job, the company, and the people. Believe me even 5 or 10 years doesn't mean squat when you spend 5 or 10 years doing the same thing and thinking you know everything.

We have several PT supervisors in our hub that are in their early 20s and think they know everything and what's best. IT's sad because they also think they are in the FT sort managers pocket, and that they're heading fast into promotion. That is the exact opposite of reality. What these supervisors need to do is TALK to the people actually DOING the work.

Talk to people, learn about them and WHAT makes them work for you! You can't treat everyone the same and expect everyone to fall in line and work hard for you.

Take some notes Jace, good advice here.

jace1319

i took some notes. but why so much negative perception in your perspective. i mean i know i dont know everything otherwise i wouldnt be here. I like working with people .. I'm not a monster that treats people like their machines i try to sympathize their struggle and their efforts. and i really admire that. i know theres alot to learn in which im willing to. its always better to do things the right way because it never fails. And im def no cocky just because i have a polo shirt on. Sometimes you have to put yourself in my situation. I wasnt making much when i was a union worker. and i certainly couldnt wait a few yrs just to get a raise. I took the exam specially now that i have a new born daughter. believe me $10 an hr wasnt gonna be enough for me. im still going to school for accounting and im here to gain experience and see what else ups has to offer me. But as far as my workplace its really a hostile environment. Your stuff between management pressuring you to pressure your employees and you have employees that really wouldnt listen to you. So hypothetically speaking what would you do in that instance? im not a quitter so quitting is not an option. Any opinions?

UPSSOCKS

i took some notes. but why so much negative perception in your perspective. i mean i know i dont know everything otherwise i wouldnt be here. I like working with people .. I'm not a monster that treats people like their machines i try to sympathize their struggle and their efforts. and i really admire that. i know theres alot to learn in which im willing to. its always better to do things the right way because it never fails. And im def no cocky just because i have a polo shirt on. Sometimes you have to put yourself in my situation. I wasnt making much when i was a union worker. and i certainly couldnt wait a few yrs just to get a raise. I took the exam specially now that i have a new born daughter. believe me $10 an hr wasnt gonna be enough for me. im still going to school for accounting and im here to gain experience and see what else ups has to offer me. But as far as my workplace its really a hostile environment. Your stuff between management pressuring you to pressure your employees and you have employees that really wouldnt listen to you. So hypothetically speaking what would you do in that instance? im not a quitter so quitting is not an option. Any opinions?

Your hopeless.. I give up..

Dragon

Package Center Manager
And it's not good being a union employee? I was making 23/hr after 6 years with the company, with little to no responsibility or accountability required..

spoken like a true union knucklehead....

jace1319 I like your style, keep up the good work.

jace1319

smh i wanna delete this post.. i see thats its either one way or another.. ... unions vs management.. i guess i got caught in a bad situation. .... you like my style.. sure you do.... just be happy you dont work in my operation.. so you keep up the good work.....