Wtf - new hire experience UPS is very unorganized

Chaos

I Am The Devil
As I’m not really surprised at this bs, it’s still throwing a wrench in my life plan.

I signed on to slavery in the warehouse and they offer me a driving job instead.

HR person doesn’t show up for my interview, does it on the phone before losing signal and sends me info I need via email. Dot crap.

Get that done, HR person on vacation so their substitute schedules my road test.

Show up for road test and no one there knows I’m coming. Take road test...really easy. Contact HR few days later whom tells me my start date has disappeared and I can expect to start in August or September but no firm date so wait and see.

Gave current boss a notice and training my two replacements, boss hired two to cover me, feel special. Debating whether to take another job offer I got or collect unemployment while awaiting what UPS decides to do. Not the type of person to start a new gig and just screw them over after a month or two provided I get the call.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
As I’m not really surprised at this bs, it’s still throwing a wrench in my life plan.

I signed on to slavery in the warehouse and they offer me a driving job instead.

HR person doesn’t show up for my interview, does it on the phone before losing signal and sends me info I need via email. Dot crap.

Get that done, HR person on vacation so their substitute schedules my road test.

Show up for road test and no one there knows I’m coming. Take road test...really easy. Contact HR few days later whom tells me my start date has disappeared and I can expect to start in August or September but no firm date so wait and see.

Gave current boss a notice and training my two replacements, boss hired two to cover me, feel special. Debating whether to take another job offer I got or collect unemployment while awaiting what UPS decides to do. Not the type of person to start a new gig and just screw them over after a month or two provided I get the call.

Wait until they tell you the last day of August that you are only a summer seasonal and will be gone September 1st. But anyways, welcome to UPS!

P

pickup

You quit your job willingly. No unemployment payouts for you.

Chaos

I Am The Devil
You forgot a question.
My bad been drinking heavily all morning. I could go warehouse or should I hold out for the next couple of months and see what happens? I can afford the time off, just trying to figure out if going warehouse for the next decade is a better option?

scooby0048

My bad been drinking heavily all morning. I could go warehouse or should I hold out for the next couple of months and see what happens? I can afford the time off, just trying to figure out if going warehouse for the next decade is a better option?

Run back to your old boss and take the whole thing...don't even stop to take a breath. Then do that 10 more times. That will be way less shame and anguish than you will feel here at UPS.

But otherwise, welcome aboard!

scooby0048

Don't call him, he's been drunk since early this morning. Look at him...what a sloppy drunk...
The bigger question is why dorsndo anyone take the time to fix this stuff? I had to pull teeth to get them to live my DOL. You grab a section off of me and shove it in someone else's 8000 section. I had all of my businesses that are stick in a middle of a home section, shoved in with my businesses.

All this technology we have and nobody uses it.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Secret-Decoder-Ring-Caesar-Cipher-Medallion-Little.jpg

john chesney

Did you think we’ve been lying all the time on this forum. I know people that worked part 10 for over 10 years waiting on one of those driving jobs. Let that sink in

F

Frankie's Friend

You passed your DOT physical before you took your road test I presume?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
U didn't research that particular terminal if they were hurting for outside drivers?

each terminal aren't the same... so u can't really divulge your area here

Good luck to you!