WWJD

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Well, actually, yes. At least he is alive and healthy. The rest will come with time. Maybe not til he's 40 but it will come. Be patient dad, he will learn.

"patience my :censored2: I'm gonna kill somebody" :clubbing: LOL

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Apology not needed for me. I get the same answers whenever I try to discuss it, so it was not big deal.
The thoughts were clear and concise, and didnt violate anything but my feelings, no harm done. They are pretty much non existent on this subject anyway.
I thank God every day that I do not have any serious health issues. Im sorry you do. I was blessed.
Then I think of the coal miners, and our soldiers who are in harms way every day, and making a whole lot less, so in reality you were right.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tooner

First off, you dont need to appologize for what you make. You earn every cent of it, every day. Even on days you are not at your best, you are still better than 99% of the American workforce. And while not a sexist, you being a woman at this job earns you even more respect from me.

As for those that make less and have greater challenges and dangers, they are in our prayers. As we can, we try to help those around us with needs. That is what makes us who we are.

d

Camping Nana

"And the sins of the fathers will be visited upon the third and fourth generations."

I dont know what to say about Phil. I guess he is Gods payback to what I put my dad through.

A large part of it is not his fault though. He was a failure to thrive child to begin with, and his mom and dad didnt care a bit for him. By the time the state of Tennessee finally got invovled, he was 26 months old and a little over 9 pounds. Couldnt even roll himself over, not talking, or even trying, had not had human contact etc etc. After spending several months in ICU getting his health back, they put him into foster care, where we got him. Finally at the age of 8, they "allowed" us to addopt him.

Funny thing about childhood, during the early years (6-30 months) that is the time where you develop the ability to learn, store, and retrieve information. It is also a crutial time for development of fine motor skills with your hands etc. He missed out on all that. And has really had a hard time with developing personal relationships. Sequential, abstract thinking or recall are all problems he has been dealing with.

Tell him three things to do, and he might do one, and forget the others. And that one might not get done, if he ends up distracted.

As far as observing the surroundings, its a mixed bag. He can pick up on some of the smallest issues, and overlook the stop sign at the corner.

Ah fatherhood. Who thought it could be so much fun?

I have not killed him yet.........does that answer your question? :wink2:

d

I admire and respect people like you who take these children in the foster care system! May God richly reward you!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
He has rewarded me many times over.

Have gotten to see several married, one die (no seat belt and it would have made a difference) and many of them go on to be better than their family would have allowed. I know that sounds cruel and weird, but still true.

There have been many joys, many tears. I choose to remember the joys.

Over all, I would not change a thing.

While Phillip is a challenge every day, God also gives me the strength to deal with what ever comes. If only He would let me strike it rich..........
Maybe in another life I can be born rich instead of so damn good looking.:wink2:

d

<snip>
Funny thing about childhood, during the early years (6-30 months) that is the time where you develop the ability to learn, store, and retrieve information. It is also a crutial time for development of fine motor skills with your hands etc. He missed out on all that. And has really had a hard time with developing personal relationships. Sequential, abstract thinking or recall are all problems he has been dealing with.
<snip>
Ah fatherhood. Who thought it could be so much fun?

I have not killed him yet.........does that answer your question? :wink2:
d
Along with that is the fact that almost from birth to the ages of 4-5 years is the time that a child learns the ability to develop attachments to other people, the closeness that parents have with their natural born children is often lost with adopted children. That doesn't mean the kids don't ever learn to love it just makes it a harder hill to climb.
Danny, I am convinced there is a place in Heaven reserved for you and your wife.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
He has rewarded me many times over.

Have gotten to see several married, one die (no seat belt and it would have made a difference) and many of them go on to be better than their family would have allowed. I know that sounds cruel and weird, but still true.

There have been many joys, many tears. I choose to remember the joys.

Over all, I would not change a thing.

While Phillip is a challenge every day, God also gives me the strength to deal with what ever comes. If only He would let me strike it rich..........
Maybe in another life I can be born rich instead of so damn good looking.:wink2:

d
See everyone agrees, you are a blessing in the disguise of a microscopic bug. LOL Bet you forgot that didn't ya?

Damn good looking? I don't know, maybe we should be the judge of that!

You and Cathy deserve all the rewards that life can give.:angel:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Actually I suffer what is called a hero's chest. Got so many medals pinned to my chest, the weight pushed the chest down to the belt area.:wink2:

Add to that a face that looks like the south end of a north bound mule, along with wrinkles and thining graying hair, I aint what I used to be. And I wasnt that much then either.

BUt you know what, I learned that no matter what life deals you, usualy there is a bit of humor there, you just gotta look. And laughter makes all things more bearable. If I couldnt laugh at life, I would just as soon drop dead. (I know, about half of you all out there could only wish):laughing:

But that is the way I am wired. Never a dull moment, full spead ahead, try just about anything once, as long as its legal type.

My wife on the other hand is mostly a saint. Not always, but then we tend to overlook the short comings, dont we.

Hell, its a wonderful life, you just gotta look on the bright side of it all.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Daniel, If I could wish to meet one person in this world you would be the one I would pick. I hope that wish will come true some day. D