X STOCK PLUNGES ON AMAZON AIR, IT STARTS

Exec32

I told you boys X will feel the pain. Hey Dano buy some Amazon stock. Amazon will continue to slaughter the market, probably stock split, and keep running over everyone in its path.
This made news much earlier than I anticipated. So, Amazon is taking the contractor model that X perfected and will soon be a direct competitor. Can anybody see the irony in that!
LOL....

SmithBarney

FDX Dropped ~6%.... AMZ also dropped ~%6, nothing new the whole of the market is bound for an adjustment, hang on tight it'll be bumpy.
Sure Amazon will get planes, good because the transportation industry is growing, shortage of CDL drivers nationwide, shortage of planes to carry cargo, if UPS and FDX aren't willing to increase fleets fast enough someone has to step in... might as well be AMZ

Exec32

I would consider this news much more than a mere market adjustment for the P&D Carrier sector. This will have lasting effect.

bacha29

I told you boys X will feel the pain. Hey Dano buy some Amazon stock. Amazon will continue to slaughter the market, probably stock split, and keep running over everyone in its path.
This made news much earlier than I anticipated. So, Amazon is taking the contractor model that X perfected and will soon be a direct competitor. Can anybody see the irony in that!
LOL....
I still believe that when news of the out of court class action settlement whereby X Ground got away with having to admit no wrong doing reached Bezos desk it was full speed ahead with Amazon's adaptation of XG's contractor model.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I would consider this news much more than a mere market adjustment for the P&D Carrier sector. This will have lasting effect.

Let's see... everything drops, but FedEx dropped for a completely different reason than everything else. Got it, thanks!

Gone fishin

They better take care of their unhappy pilots that they have first. Then start trying to keep the drivers from stealing the packages.
This business isn’t a hobby as Bezo will soon find out

59 Dano

They better take care of their unhappy pilots that they have first.

"They" (Amazon) don't have any pilots, but the pilots working for the contractors who fly the Amazon Air flights are indeed unhappy.

Here's what Exec32 doesn't understand. Amazon is pitting its air contractors against one another in order to drive flight expenses as low as possible. The problem with that is that those carriers don't have the reputations of FedEx Express or UPS Airlines. The pay isn't very good (a topped out captain at Atlas makes less than a 2nd year first officer at FDX, for example), nor are the working conditions, and the performance pales in comparison as well. Turnover is a major problem with some using those jobs simply to gain the experience to fly for FDX/UPS... who are aggressively recruiting replacements for a large number of upcoming retirements.

But he thinks the success of the Amazon logistics experiment is a forgone conclusion and the actual execution of the operation is a mere formality.

Exec32

"They" (Amazon) don't have any pilots, but the pilots working for the contractors who fly the Amazon Air flights are indeed unhappy.

Here's what Exec32 doesn't understand. Amazon is pitting its air contractors against one another in order to drive flight expenses as low as possible. The problem with that is that those carriers don't have the reputations of FedEx Express or UPS Airlines. The pay isn't very good (a topped out captain at Atlas makes less than a 2nd year first officer at FDX, for example), nor are the working conditions, and the performance pales in comparison as well. Turnover is a major problem with some using those jobs simply to gain the experience to fly for FDX/UPS... who are aggressively recruiting replacements for a large number of upcoming retirements.

But he thinks the success of the Amazon logistics experiment is a forgone conclusion and the actual execution of the operation is a mere formality.
Oh it's the pilots that's gonna do come to the rescue for X, got it Dano. That's reassuring to all shareholders.
Pilots, really you guys are idiots.

Exec32

Compare stock performance for YTD for both Fedex and Amazon. You will be able to identify the opposing trends. Understand the sentiment of the investor market. If X breaks 210.00 again it will continue to go lower.
Fedex is downplaying concerns about Amazon by claiming Amazon makes up less than 3% of its revenues, this is misplaced. It is the future loss of market and increase in competition that will drive down X.

59 Dano

Oh it's the pilots that's gonna do come to the rescue for X, got it Dano. That's reassuring to all shareholders.
Pilots, really you guys are idiots.

WTF are you talking about? Amazon is going to push its air contractors to cut costs at the expense of their pilots, who already "enjoy" working conditions and compensation that would be an insult to a FedEx or UPS pilot. FedEx and UPS already have the best pilots in the business. Amazon's contractors are -and have been- dealing with staffing shortages.

59 Dano

Compare stock performance for YTD for both Fedex and Amazon. You will be able to identify the opposing trends. Understand the sentiment of the investor market. If X breaks 210.00 again it will continue to go lower.
Fedex is downplaying concerns about Amazon by claiming Amazon makes up less than 3% of its revenues, this is misplaced. It is the future loss of market and increase in competition that will drive down X.

With every post it's apparent that guys like you are why guys like me (and my buddies) get free rooms in Vegas.

Exec32

WTF are you talking about? Amazon is going to push its air contractors to cut costs at the expense of their pilots, who already "enjoy" working conditions and compensation that would be an insult to a FedEx or UPS pilot. FedEx and UPS already have the best pilots in the business. Amazon's contractors are -and have been- dealing with staffing shortages.

You are to simple to recognize what this discussion is really about. Keep trying to be special. working..