Xfter edd

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I had a seasonal air cover driver transfer work and there was a stop with two packages. one got scanned never made it on my truck the other one made it on and didn’t get scanned. Crappy thing is I gave it to the customer told him theres another driver that has it and it will be there shortly. The other driver said he didn’t have it on his truck....

rown_oser

Same As It Ever Was
I had a seasonal air cover driver transfer work and there was a stop with two packages. one got scanned never made it on my truck the other one made it on and didn’t get scanned. Crappy thing is I gave it to the customer told him theres another driver that has it and it will be there shortly. The other driver said he didn’t have it on his truck....
Gave away a package? Its declared value comes from your paycheck. But tell your situation to LP, and they won't deduct from your check for coming forward in honesty.

Driver error.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Not found and move down the road, just make damn sure its not on your truck!. The driver "turfing" packages will get caught eventually and will get a short, unpaid "time-out."

Brisket

Whatever driver that has it on their truck better deliver it , even if they find it at the end of the night, would rather be talking to a Sup about being over than having to explain not scanning a pkg found on the truck.

Even if the second pkg didn’t get transferred, I hope you scanned the one you had.

Last edited:

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Not found and move down the road, just make damn sure its not on your truck!. The driver "turfing" packages will get caught eventually and will get a short, unpaid "time-out."

Trust me I did. I checked every package at least 4 times because mistakes happen. I always scan packages. If you pick it up, scan it. Turfing? Ya, at my center I started to hear rumors of drivers payin people off to do misloads and have their pick. I feel disgusted to work there when I think of that rumor.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Whatever driver that has it on their truck better deliver it , even if they find it at the end of the night, would rather be talking to a Sup about being over than having to explain not scanning a pkg found on the truck.

Even if the second pkg didn’t get taansferred, I hope you scanned the one you had.

Exactly! These guys complain about working and complain about not working. Pick a side and stick to it. We have a job that entails guaranteed delivery that day. If this keeps on happening people are gunna find another way besides ups. I like my check and I want other people to experience the opportunity we as drivers have. Its not just a career and we have to protect the shield.

Brisket

Trust me I did. I checked every package at least 4 times because mistakes happen. I always scan packages. If you pick it up, scan it. Turfing? Ya, at my center I started to hear rumors of drivers payin people off to do misloads and have their pick. I feel disgusted to work there when I think of that rumor.

If it’s a misload and in my truck, and I send it in and can deliver it myself without going to the other side of the county, I’ll puy a ‘y’ where it asks if you can deliver it. If no one calls to meet me I’ll deliver it myself as long as they don’t care... paid by the hour!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If it didn’t get transferred it’s on the two drivers.

Count how many packages are being transferred total. Make sure that many are on the truck and make sure that many are scanned.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Well I wasn’t to worried about that till now. not only did the package get scanned and left on his truck
It straight disappeared and I was the one who sheeted not found. called that driver and oms.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
If it’s a misload and in my truck, and I send it in and can deliver it myself without going to the other side of the county, I’ll puy a ‘y’ where it asks if you can deliver it. If no one calls to meet me I’ll deliver it myself as long as they don’t care... paid by the hour!
I’ve gone two counties away to deliver a misload. I don’t give a damn.

rod

Retired 22 years
I’ve gone two counties away to deliver a misload. I don’t give a damn.

I once volunteered after I got back to the building to go on a 3 hour round trip to make a pickup that supposedly was missed. (EASY MONEY) I got there and they had nothing going. I called in and they just said come on back. Turns out they had told me the wrong account. The one with the missed pickup was next door in that industrial park. On my way back in I met another driver heading back over there to the right place. This was before cell phones. 6 hours + of overtime between 2 drivers for a couple of packages.

WorknLateHuh

I once volunteered after I got back to the building to go on a 3 hour round trip to make a pickup that supposedly was missed. (EASY MONEY) I got there and they had nothing going. I called in and they just said come on back. Turns out they had told me the wrong account. The one with the missed pickup was next door in that industrial park. On my way back in I met another driver heading back over there to the right place. This was before cell phones. 6 hours + of overtime between 2 drivers for a couple of packages.

That's a negligible slip-up compared to our center.

New driver gets sent to airport with the air.
Get's lost, doesn't know where to go because of improper training.
Trailer of air/international doesn't go out that night.
lol

rod

Retired 22 years
That's a negligible slip-up compared to our center.

New driver gets sent to airport with the air.
Get's lost, doesn't know where to go because of improper training.
Trailer of air/international doesn't go out that night.
lol

I'm sure UPS just "emergency conditioned" the whole flight. No big deal.