Xmas Eve, December 24, 2022. Who's working?

vvv

I take a couple of deads days between Xmas and New Year's
Save the vacation weeks for the hot summer months
Agreed, I do that as well. Plenty of "dead days" here. If you combined all the days I worked this year it might total 3-4 months and that's being generous.
From this past January to July I worked no more than one or two days a week and then took a long vacation.

Agreed, I do that as well. Plenty of "dead days" here. If you combined all the days I worked this year it might total 3-4 months and that's being generous.
From this past January to July I worked no more than one or two days a week and then took a long vacation.
I got to watch how many days I take off because it will affect my pension and my next year's vacation

vvv

I got to watch how many days I take off because it will affect my pension and my next year's vacation
Understood.

My pension credit is intact which is what's important to me, but there have been some years where I did not put in enough hours to get my last week of vacation paid in full.
I'm just happy to take extra time off, and if I were worried about getting all that paid in full I wouldn't be taking so many unpaid days off to begin with.

Understood.

My pension credit is intact which is what's important to me, but there have been some years where I did not put in enough hours to get my last week of vacation paid in full.
I'm just happy to take extra time off, and if I were worried about getting all that paid in full I wouldn't be taking so many unpaid days off to begin with.
Trust me my brother I feel your pain

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Will Big Carol and her cronies be in the office all day Xmas eve?
22132328tP5pmCWt.gif

dudebro

You guys are panicking over nothing. The last 3 times 12/24 was a Saturday, less than 1/3 of RPCDs worked and the paid day was under 4 hours. It's better than the 7 hour day we usually run on 12/24.

Anything can happen but history doesn't suggest that it'll be bad. Just pray Louisville doesn't get an ice storm on 12/22 or 23 like in 1994.

bumped

You guys are panicking over nothing. The last 3 times 12/24 was a Saturday, less than 1/3 of RPCDs worked and the paid day was under 4 hours. It's better than the 7 hour day we usually run on 12/24.

Anything can happen but history doesn't suggest that it'll be bad. Just pray Louisville doesn't get an ice storm on 12/22 or 23 like in 1994.
I don't trust the Amazon-UPS relationship. UPS could always allow Amazon to dump on us Christmas Eve.

Wally

The old days are over. Now days it's click,- next day air it for Saturday. The day will be a cluster.

Brown Down

We were told its just going to be air only. so air drivers, 22.4s and volunteers. Then force from the bottom. I myself will be headed out for vacation. Good luck getting me to come in when I'm hours away. 😂

Wally

We were told its just going to be air only. so air drivers, 22.4s and volunteers. Then force from the bottom. I myself will be headed out for vacation. Good luck getting me to come in when I'm hours away. 😂
Vacation starts on Sunday but since the company has no plan you most likely are safe.

Brown Down

Vacation starts on Sunday but since the company has no plan you most likely are safe.
I know this. 40 drivers below me not counting the 12 22.4s and 4 air drivers. Pretty sure they won't get up to me. Of course this is assuming they don't change the plan a billion times.