Xmas Eve, December 24, 2022. Who's working?

JL 0513

Why wouldn't we be working Christmas Eve this year? We do every year. Falling on Saturday wouldn't make a difference. We work every Saturday in December unless it falls after Christmas.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You're telling me that your center doesn't work every driver every Saturday in December? That's been the case for years in most areas. It's a forced 6 day schedule for at least the 3 weeks before Christmas.
Not here , if a RPCD doesn’t have a full 8 hrs available he cannot be forced into work over 60 hrs , Clear as day in the contract..

I haven’t worked a Saturday during peak in years..run out of hours before sat it’s simple

🧔‍♂️✊

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You're telling me that your center doesn't work every driver every Saturday in December? That's been the case for years in most areas. It's a forced 6 day schedule for at least the 3 weeks before Christmas.

Nope 5 days a week
Weekends are for watching football

JL 0513

Not here , if a RPCD doesn’t have a full 8 hrs available he cannot be forced into work over 60 hrs , Clear as day in the contract..

I haven’t worked a Saturday during peak in years..run out of hours before sat it’s simple

🧔‍♂️✊
Ever since PVDs launched, we get no where near 60 in 5 days. These last few years, peak isn't that many hours over the rest of the year because the PVDs scoop up all the extra stops.

vvv

Why wouldn't we be working Christmas Eve this year? We do every year. Falling on Saturday wouldn't make a difference. We work every Saturday in December unless it falls after Christmas.
Geez that has to suck!

I/we can have 20 hours available on Saturday and we still can't be forced in in our area.

Dude, if you are not starving for the money and your attendance is decent just call in. There's always another day to jockey around the neighborhood delivering boxes.....enjoy yourself.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Work out what.... ?
We working Christmas Eve? If so, who is working, who is not or doesn't have to work? Would a deal for triple time be worked out if the company is desperate?

If the company is forcing Saturday, it's better that the union tells everyone sooner than later, no?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If the company is forcing Saturday, it's better that the union tells everyone sooner than later, no?

Thats assuming the company would even know, until probably the week before.

Same thing will happen, as it has happened before. Ask for volunteers and then force from the bottom up.

If the company wants to pay triple time.... that's up to them. It's certainly not contractual.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Difference? M-friend drivers and Tues-Sat. Other possible issues like forcing drivers in and changing to the 70 hour rule so they have hours available.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I’ll be demanding my 8 if forced in , the guys who work time worked are part of the problem. I’ll ruin the weekend of whatever supervisor has to be there 😂😂😂