Yay football is back!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Johnny Football is headed back to the classroom. According to ESPN, Manziel has registered for classes at Texas A&M for the fall semester.

Hopefully this will help him get his "stuff" together.

Serf

I figure I should come here to talk about things other than the dysfunction of Federal Express. Which in tenure here I have seen managers ousted via "fall on the sword" or you're fired, pal method. And a revolving door hire style that brings only those who posses four limbs and a pulse as required qualifications to perform this type of work. But I would like to go in a new direction. And inform anyone who is not keenly aware of the New York Football Jets historic misfortune, dysfunction, and inconsistency.
There is no dysfunction quite like that of Jet dysfunction. There are no :censored2: rosters quite like Jet :censored2: rosters. There are no blown second round draft picks like Jet blown second round (Browning Nagle, Mike Nugent, Vlad Ducasse, Geno Smith) Don’t even talk about the 1st round, where the Jets passed on Warren Sapp. Once drafted Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed. Where our meddling owner was once the New York campaign manager for former Presidential candidate Mitt Romney. A team who once had Bill Bellicheck hastly write on a napkin "I resign as HC of the NYJ." An owner who forced Brett Favre on the coach, disaster. And turned around 4 years later and did the same with Tim Tebow.
A team who not too distantly fired there General Manager, kept the head coach (Rex Ryan) and then told the new GM, keeping Rex is a condition of your new employment. Fast forward to a new Chapter in the book called: "Same old Jets." I wish we could somehow return to a comfortable level of incompetence, one we had come to accept. The past 20 years of my support has rendered a 7-7 post season record. As well as 3 AFC title game appearances. And even a road playoff win against a 14-2 arch rival Patriot team. Which is actually decent success. 2015 and the first 4 games this season is a marinade of incompetence that can only be described as mind boggling.
Brandon Marshall is good not great, and preparing for a career in broadcasting. And I am told when he doesn't take his bipolar medication, he is a terrible person to be around. I feel bad for him. When Eric Decker lines up against a B- defensive backs or better, he is put in the witness protection program and disappears completely at a rate of 15 mil guaranteed with a 7.5 mil signing bonus? Ryan Fitzpatrick held this organization hostage until he got what he wanted, and now after this weeks impending loss to Pittsburgh, and the blood bath in Arizona next Monday night, I am quite sure he won't finish the season as the starter. He threw 6 (could have been 8) interceptions in one game.
Coach Todd Bowles isn't a bad guy, or a crappy coach. He talks like Cleveland from Family Guy, and wears beanies on his dome in early October. He is supposed to be a defensive coach, but the secondary gets shredded on a weekly basis now. Darrelle Revis is like the dad who left to bang the hot mistress (New England), but comes back to his wife (NYJ) for the kids and the sake of spaghetti and meatballs that are ok. And were supposed to act like everything is ok. Nature of the business? Whatever.
In closing, I knew in my heart the New York Jets would be a dumpster fire in 2016. Now I am not sure if owner Woody Johnson will meddle in 2017 and force a trade for Tony Romo or Jay Cutler. Setting us further back from ever developing a real QB talent. Oh I miss you Chad Pennington. It's so funny that we watch our teams every Sunday, knowing the NFL loves parody and that anyone can beat anyone on any given Sunday. But let's be honest. The same 6-8 teams are the only ones who have a prayer of winning the Superbowl. And stadium Heineken is still 11.75 a pint.

wkmac

You can't win an NFL game calling plays using a Waffle House menu.

16142816_10212201001679872_7311928655089928433_n.jpg