You greedy bastards

Integrity

Binge Poster
Don't talk to me like I am in second grade!

$40/hr for our job is simply absurd!

The 22.4's are the first step by the company to bring your wages more in line with reality.
I think the pay is fair but I think UPS should hire enough employees so that 8 hour shifts is the norm and overtime is not the norm.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes, they have ruined my holiday season with unreasonable long days. Not all of us of want an insane amount of overtime. I would like family time in the evenings even during peak. Not only that, driving with my eyes glazed over because I’m so tired isn’t safe either, and no I don’t run. I’m walking at the speed of a postal worker...slow.

I hope so badly that we fail to deliver packages on time this year and get really bad press so they add loads of extra help next year.

Quite honestly I don’t want to be over 9.5 even at peak. I have a family and a life.

I’m top rate and looking at my checks isn’t even that exciting knowing there are nights I don’t get to see my kids before they go to bed. Money doesn’t buy that time back.
I get it.. but Choices.....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The rest of the year, yes get on 9.5 list..Peak, Heck we all know, or I should say knew how it was going to be. Best part of the job is Christmas. Yes you work alot, make a ton of money, and then its over. Its pretty at night, people are happy. I always loved it. Take the week after Christmas off and celebrate then...My kids got it, we survived it, and great memories.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have to ask the question since Dave is such a a## kisser why did he never go into management?
I imagine he did try to go into management a few times .They probably didn't want him because no matter how much they put on that he was their buddy they still hated him.

34yearpackagehumper

As a retired package car driver 1978-2012 I know the feeling of those 12 hr days .Not all of them peak days. This job has never been a 9 to 5 and probably will never be.Most of us complained daily but we kept coming back daily. I can remember the nights coming home late and my wife has put the kids to bed . Thank God for an understanding Wife . The trade-off is the kids did not have to want for anything . So I say to you Guys just keep plugging away year after year and the next thing you know you"ll be retired and getting that monthly pension . Which I'll say is well reserved. UPS got to be a multi billion $ company because of my and your sweat equity . YOUR DAY IS COMING !

Overpaid Union Thug

in 2015 UPS proved that they are more than capable of dispatching us so that we do not have to stay out so late. I don’t care how it was done for a century before that. It was never a good idea. Especially nowadays with more and more people shopping online. It is not as predictable as it used to be.We should not have to work ridiculous hours just because it is peak season ever again.

As far as the pay....that could be a whole other thread but I will say that it is ridiculous for us to not at least recognize that we have a bunch of competition now that is delivering packages for a lot less money. That doesn’t mean we are overpaid. And honestly, that argument is pointless when you consider the competition's pay.

I will admit I have no idea what can be done about it other than us providing a superior service. Right now I’m not sure that we are. We can no longer say “you get what you pay for” when comparing ourselves to the competition.

FromOffTheStreets

in 2015 UPS proved that they are more than capable of dispatching us so that we do not have to stay out so late. I don’t care how it was done for a century before that. It was never a good idea. Especially nowadays with more and more people shopping online. It is not as predictable as it used to be.We should not have to work ridiculous hours just because it is peak season ever again.

As far as the pay....that could be a whole other thread but I will say that it is ridiculous for us to not at least recognize that we have a bunch of competition now that is delivering packages for a lot less money. That doesn’t mean we are overpaid. And honestly, that argument is pointless when you consider the competition's pay.

I will admit I have no idea what can be done about it other than us providing a superior service. Right now I’m not sure that we are. We can no longer say “you get what you pay for” when comparing ourselves to the competition.
I think the pay is less because there is much less expected. (Of course the union should get some respect for getting us what we get).

However, On a typical town route in my area the fed ex guys run 90 stops with 20 pickups. We run 140 stops with 45 pickups. They may get done a little earlier but not by much.

If I had 75 less stops & pickups per day I would be moving like a snail & screwing around all day. Could I do that & make $20 some per hour, yes I could. However, I'd rather work hard & make $37.

Its really that simple.

Overpaid Union Thug

I think the pay is less because there is much less expected. (Of course the union should get some respect for getting us what we get).

However, On a typical town route in my area the fed ex guys run 90 stops with 20 pickups. We run 140 stops with 45 pickups. They may get done a little earlier but not by much.

If I had 75 less stops & pickups per day I would be moving like a snail & screwing around all day. Could I do that & make $20 some per hour, yes I could. However, I'd rather work hard & make $37.

Its really that simple.

I’m not disputing or agreeing with what you said. I’m saying the shippers and consignees don’t care about anything you said. It’s that simple.

FromOffTheStreets

I’m not disputing or agreeing with what you said. I’m saying the shippers and consignees don’t care about anything you said. It’s that simple.
Agreed. No one cares how the package gets there. They only care about the price. Sure there are some who despise ups because they were "wronged" somehow or despise fed ex for the same.
All I was focusing on was the pay

take your time

Why doesn't Dave worry about important things like:

- how much our elected government officials are being paid and how they become multi millionaires on such a salary;
- how much doctors and hospitals are literally raping the public and;
- how much RN's get paid for an associates degree that one can get from a gumball machine?

Expand your horizons Dave....be a pioneer and explore new frontiers.

He doesn't even have to focus on government, although I agree that government clowns are the ones that are overpaid.

He could focus on how much the CEO of ups is getting paid a year...... same with managment. They dont deserve the money they make with how dumb they are.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He doesn't even have to focus on government, although I agree that government clowns are the ones that are overpaid.

He could focus on how much the CEO of ups is getting paid a year...... same with managment. They dont deserve the money they make with how dumb they are.

...yet they are sitting in their warm offices while you are outside in the cold humping cardboard......who's the dummy now?

take your time

You can imagine Dave working in a Kentucky coal mine in the early 1930s. He'd be shining the foreman's boots after punching out, and hectoring the child-workers "You're dumb brutes working an easy job. You're paid 5 cents/hr but you're worth 3 cents tops, like they pay at the mine 2 counties away. If the company goes bankrupt, you can thank your extravagant wages!"
...yet they are sitting in their warm offices while you are outside in the cold humping cardboard......who's the dummy now?

And you have no problem with them making over 100k for sitting down all day, but you do with us outside delivering in the elements?