You greedy bastards

Whither

Scofflaw
My discussion on this topic has nothing to do with being a retiree and everything to do with the distorted economics of unionized employees. No way this job merits a wage that will top $40/hr at the end of the current contract. $25-30/hr is much more in line with the responsibilities of this job.

I'm telling you Upstate, quit squandering your gifts ciphering and get thee to a union-busting consulting firm!

MrFeeder

My discussion on this topic has nothing to do with being a retiree and everything to do with the distorted economics of unionized employees. No way this job merits a wage that will top $40/hr at the end of the current contract. $25-30/hr is much more in line with the responsibilities of this job.
Guess what? I worked a 12 hour 7th day punch on Sunday. $77.28 x 12 =$927 for one day. Do something about it! Go run to the corporate and tell them they’re paying me too much! go!

Whither

Scofflaw
I'm cracking up that Dave chatters about "the distorted economics of unionized employees" and can't manage to say a word about the new global class of robber barons. Can't take the dude seriously.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I'm cracking up that Dave chatters about "the distorted economics of unionized employees" and can't manage to say a word about the new global class of robber barons. Can't take the dude seriously.
We don’t deserve $40/hr but he is “entitled” to his teamster pension!! I don’t think he is returning those checks.......GTFO

trickpony1

Why doesn't Dave worry about important things like:

- how much our elected government officials are being paid and how they become multi millionaires on such a salary;
- how much doctors and hospitals are literally raping the public and;
- how much RN's get paid for an associates degree that one can get from a gumball machine?

Expand your horizons Dave....be a pioneer and explore new frontiers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

- how much our elected government officials are being paid and how they become multi millionaires on such a salary;
- how much RN's get paid for an associates degree that one can get from a gumball machine?

I thought I would focus on the injustices faced by those who bravely serve our country both here and abroad.

Whither

Scofflaw
You can imagine Dave working in a Kentucky coal mine in the early 1930s. He'd be shining the foreman's boots after punching out, and hectoring the child-workers "You're dumb brutes working an easy job. You're paid 5 cents/hr but you're worth 3 cents tops, like they pay at the mine 2 counties away. If the company goes bankrupt, you can thank your extravagant wages!"

Sol Rosenburg

Because he is a dbag.

Sol Rosenburg

To sit there and say we don't deserve to make what we do is just idiotic. It's not like you get paid that amount as soon as you're hired. It took me 10 years to get full time senority then another 3 years to hit top rate in my building. We already had 5 guys quit because our building is ran so poorly. If it was as easy as you're making it out to be they would still be there. This job is not for everyone, most can't do it.

Nope. Perhaps I should have elaborated- shouldn't happen on normal basis and I'm guessing that you do it on a normal basis. (Outside of "peak").
Only in emergency situations. When a driver hits something and is taken out of service for the day. Could call up a driver off for the day but we know what his answer would be. Or too many drivers with 8 hour request and call ins. The only time I deliver is when we don't have enough divers to cover everything. We don't have an inexhaustible supply of trained drivers sitting in the building waiting to be used.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Only in emergency situations. When a driver hits something and is taken out of service for the day. Could call up a driver off for the day but we know what his answer would be. Or too many drivers with 8 hour request and call ins. The only time I deliver is when we don't have enough divers to cover everything. We don't have an inexhaustible supply of trained drivers sitting in the building waiting to be used.
Fair enough. But please don't pretend that there are not far too many part-timers out performing full-time work on a regular basis.

Fair enough. But please don't pretend that there are not far too many part-timers out performing full-time work on a regular basis.
Absolutely. PT and Art 22.3. I used to be the only one but others saw how much money I was making and how much easier the work is compared to working inside. Every contract I push for the elimination of Art 40 but no one cares.

You may not agree with the practice but contractually I am doing nothing wrong and would be a fool not to take advantage of the easy extra work. I suggest that next contract negotiations you push for a stop to the practice. Most likely I will be retired by then.