You greedy bastards

What'dyabringmetoday???

You may not agree with the practice but contractually I am doing nothing wrong and would be a fool not to take advantage of the easy extra work. I suggest that next contract negotiations you push for a stop to the practice. Most likely I will be retired by then.
I have. As long as willing part-timers are willing to perform full-time work it won't go anywhere. Glad it works out for you. I still disagree. Doesn't mean I'm right because this is an OPINION.

PT Car Washer

I have. As long as willing part-timers are willing to perform full-time work it won't go anywhere. Glad it works out for you. I still disagree. Doesn't mean I'm right because this is an OPINION.
You mean as long as it is contractually available and the huge wage gap between FT and PT. You can't blame a person for bettering himself when the work is there. You can't blame the victims. Fix the system.

PT Car Washer

To sit there and say we don't deserve to make what we do is just idiotic. It's not like you get paid that amount as soon as you're hired. It took me 10 years to get full time senority then another 3 years to hit top rate in my building. We already had 5 guys quit because our building is ran so poorly. If it was as easy as you're making it out to be they would still be there. This job is not for everyone, most can't do it.
How about the FT porters making $37/hr to clean the toilets and empty the trash cans and mop the floors? I suppose they work so much harder then non Union janitors and deserve their $77k/yr.

Whither

Scofflaw
How about the FT porters making $37/hr to clean the toilets and empty the trash cans and mop the floors? I suppose they work so much harder then non Union janitors and deserve their $77k/yr.

The point here is, even non-union janitors deserve decent livelihoods. Otherwise you're following Upstate down the same rabbithole ...

Whither

Scofflaw
Also. When it comes to the FT/PT split, let's not forget that this was the company's idea to maximize profits and the Teamsters signed off on it.