You greedy bastards

The Driver

I drive.
I can’t pretend to solve your issue or be a match maker. I can say that I was very very upfront with the craziness of this job with my wife while I was a new driver. She is used to the b.s. by now but it is hard. She does however know I am willing to speak up about the ridiculous hours.

I made sure I was on the 9.5 list as soon as I hit top rate which
was even easier under the new contract. I have already filed and was paid pre peak for a violation.

Here’s the thing, I am not a young man anymore. I was early 30s getting into driving and slightly past my prime for running my balls off, but I finally learned to speak up and if they don’t like it, oh well.

Many will say “ you’re a UPS driver deal with it” my response being almost 40 and more wise: Oh yeah: that’s why Unions exist; to just deal with it? No, it is up to us to make changes, speak up and vote no if the contract makes no sense.

I voted NO and thought it ridiculous that anyone would vote yes to that garbage.

Heavy Package

I have people on road asking me that we can't possibly be out still delivering at this hour. I tell them that almost all of our building is still out working. They just think the truck is always only half full and only their bag of clothes is on there.

Friday there were multiple trucks with over 350 stops, 650+ pieces on them. Preloader asking a sup where to put all of the stack out that won't fit. He said just throw it down the middle. The middle was already bricked out.

We rolled over 50 trailers this week alone. Helped someone who already told me they are mentally and physically exhausted and didn't want to drive anymore. Out of 100 driver center, 80 drivers are out of hours after 4 hours this Saturday. Worst peak I have experienced and this is with good weather here.

Management's reliance on worthless PVD drivers and not recruiting enough driver helpers was a poor decision this year. It will be a long 2 1/2 weeks with a final push to get clean on Dec 24th.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I thought "You Greedy Bastards" refered to Brown Café letting @UpstateNYUPSer back in.
Look Ron, If someone wants to really embarrass themselves like a tremendous jackass, crawling back after making a giant, flowery, grandiose, farewell forever speech, who are we to judge?
ezgif-6-f31fe5af5140-gif.267921

andreFnFal

Well I'm a steward in Feeders and the way we do it is to to let the drivers that want time (current record is 90plus hrs in a pay week) make it and the ones that don't only if they have to have the help.

UPSER1987

Yes, they have ruined my holiday season with unreasonable long days. Not all of us of want an insane amount of overtime. I would like family time in the evenings even during peak. Not only that, driving with my eyes glazed over because I’m so tired isn’t safe either, and no I don’t run. I’m walking at the speed of a postal worker...slow.

I hope so badly that we fail to deliver packages on time this year and get really bad press so they add loads of extra help next year.

Quite honestly I don’t want to be over 9.5 even at peak. I have a family and a life.

I’m top rate and looking at my checks isn’t even that exciting knowing there are nights I don’t get to see my kids before they go to bed. Money doesn’t buy that time back.

You do know that you could quit-nobody is forcing you to stay. Your pain is self inflicted. We all make choices and you have made yours. Quit whining.

seekz

WTF. Do you guys really think UPS is the only place to make a living? Grow some balls and go look. Geez what a soft society. Live with your choices and quit whining.
Show me where you can make 100k + benefits without a college degree. Go ahead, I'll wait.

UPSER1987

Show me where you can make 100k + benefits without a college degree. Go ahead, I'll wait.
I said choices-not handouts. Go to school and use your brain to make a living or don’t go to school and use your back to make a living. Choices. Plus you’re you don’t have to make 100K to live on...live with your choices fella.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Yes, they have ruined my holiday season with unreasonable long days. Not all of us of want an insane amount of overtime. I would like family time in the evenings even during peak. Not only that, driving with my eyes glazed over because I’m so tired isn’t safe either, and no I don’t run. I’m walking at the speed of a postal worker...slow.

I hope so badly that we fail to deliver packages on time this year and get really bad press so they add loads of extra help next year.

Quite honestly I don’t want to be over 9.5 even at peak. I have a family and a life.

I’m top rate and looking at my checks isn’t even that exciting knowing there are nights I don’t get to see my kids before they go to bed. Money doesn’t buy that time back.
Consider an inside 22.3 job.

seekz

I said choices-not handouts. Go to school and use your brain to make a living or don’t go to school and use your back to make a living. Choices. Plus you’re you don’t have to make 100K to live on...live with your choices fella.
Unfortunately I graduated high school during the economic crisis and this ended up being the next best choice so having a college degree was equivalent to a used tampon. Feeders looks pretty good in the future though. I'm done with this insanity.

mrbrownstone

You do know that you could quit-nobody is forcing you to stay. Your pain is self inflicted. We all make choices and you have made yours. Quit whining.
I do sir and you sound like a corporate clown. Sure I could quit, yes I have a Bachelor’s Degree. But you know what those who shut up and take it are the ones that get crapped on. If everyone just took it on the chin we wouldn’t have Unions. I have the right to express I don’t agree with what UPS is doing right now and you have the right to be a tough guy and work yourself to death.

BlackCat

At 66 hours tonight in 6 days and now its mandatory we all come in Saturday for a 7th day in a row of work...awesome, a 13 day work week (as long as we don't have to work next Saturday too).
Am I missing something?

How are you being forced in with less than 8 hrs available?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

You know what the job entailed when you signed on ,, man up !! You think you’re alone , we have all gone through this , 32 for me and my kids still love and appreciate me , don’t like it ? Try Amazon , enjoy that 12 hr and see what kind of home & presents you can afford to give the family !! Get over it !!

MrFeeder

I do sir and you sound like a corporate clown. Sure I could quit, yes I have a Bachelor’s Degree. But you know what those who shut up and take it are the ones that get crapped on. If everyone just took it on the chin we wouldn’t have Unions. I have the right to express I
Not an excuse dude. There is a fine line between mental health, physical health, sanity and money. Answers like yours feed corporate greed. Keep grinding for your endless gold man. Best of luck to you and maybe someday they will have a “sign up list” for you guys that need more and more and more money.
No, youre entitled to so many vacations per year, sick days, option A and B, etc etc. If you play your game right, you’d can spread out your time offs throughout the year and have enough time for your family. Not just that there’s so many ways to take off work to see family. FMLA, disability, 9.5 list etc etc. You can’t always get what you want in terms of wanting to work and see your family.

The union already fought so hard for your 100k plus a year and unsurpassed benefits. You have to put in a bit of sacrifice bot seeing your family with this job. People that are deployed in Iraq don’t even get to see their family for months or years, so I don't know wtf your complaining for. You’re lucky you get to go home everyday. I come from a certain degree of hardship coming from a third world and fortune enough with this job. To me all I hear from you is whining and being spoiled. Man up the eff up.

mrbrownstone

So to those of you who say I’m whining. Please explain to me how being forced to work 12 plus hour days in a physical job like ours is “safe”. Before peak my On Road Supervisor stated how much accidents and injuries have went down all over in centers like mine that work to keep people under 9.5.

Our job is very physical. I pace myself but there have been times I questioned my ability behind the wheel due to fatigue. It’s not rocket science, in a job this physical fatigue and tiredness are very real. Statics prove this.