You greedy bastards

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So to those of you who say I’m whining. Please explain to me how being forced to work 12 plus hour days in a physical job like ours is “safe”. Before peak my On Road Supervisor stated how much accidents and injuries have went down all over in centers like mine that work to keep people under 9.5.

Our job is very physical. I pace myself but there have been times I questioned my ability behind the wheel due to fatigue. It’s not rocket science, in a job this physical fatigue and tiredness are very real. Statics prove this.

if you are fatigued stay home

probably need to change your tampon also

UPSER1987

So to those of you who say I’m whining. Please explain to me how being forced to work 12 plus hour days in a physical job like ours is “safe”. Before peak my On Road Supervisor stated how much accidents and injuries have went down all over in centers like mine that work to keep people under 9.5.

Our job is very physical. I pace myself but there have been times I questioned my ability behind the wheel due to fatigue. It’s not rocket science, in a job this physical fatigue and tiredness are very real. Statics prove this.

As I said, make a choice. Complaining here (or at work) is not going to help. If you are unhappy in your career, change it. These guys that come in here and complain all day/night about something they are not forced to to do, are like you, wasting time that could be used changing careers. It’s not for everyone. There is no gun forcing any of us to go to work.

rod

Retired 22 years
Unfortunately I graduated high school during the economic crisis and this ended up being the next best choice so having a college degree was equivalent to a used tampon. Feeders looks pretty good in the future though. I'm done with this insanity.

For the most part it still is.

Returntosender

D2F88772-F2D9-45D8-B20F-A24CB31C23B4.gif

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE

Honestly I think anybody that can do this job year round without taking massive amounts of sick/unpaid days off is a pretty tough person. I’ve never been a caller in type and my first two years at UPS didn’t call in once....but this past year was rough. Had some problems with my teeth (I chewed for years and used to drink a lot of sugary beverages), so bad that there were a couple days that I had to call in. The pain got more intense at night and it kept me up literally all night.
So I had to schedule oral surgery to clean out the garbage and start the process on a few implants. 4 days off.
Then one day I woke up and couldn’t stop :censored2:ting and or puking. One of the worst few hours of my life. Pretty sure it was food poisoning from the late night teriyaki. Missed a day.
Then a few months ago I woke up and my upper back and neck were screwed. When I moved my arms it hurt. I thought I might have a broken neck or back or something. It ended up being a few pinched nerves all at once. Chiro fixed me up in one visit but it took a couple days for everything to feel normal. Missed 2 days.
I’m 31 and have always maintained a pretty healthy lifestyle despite a few unhealthy vices. I’ve developed gray hairs and can see my hair receding.
Everybody has to know their own limits and use every method possible to protect themselves from being overworked.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I love these sorts of topics. One side is "UPS is compromising safety and ruining my family life by forcing me to work 70 hours a week" the other is "be a real man and suck it up, you big whiny entitled Sanders-voting Millennial."

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Well I'm a steward in Feeders and the way we do it is to to let the drivers that want time (current record is 90plus hrs in a pay week) make it and the ones that don't only if they have to have the help.
90 hours? Crazy.

Air Recovery

Yes, they have ruined my holiday season with unreasonable long days. Not all of us of want an insane amount of overtime. I would like family time in the evenings even during peak. Not only that, driving with my eyes glazed over because I’m so tired isn’t safe either, and no I don’t run. I’m walking at the speed of a postal worker...slow.

I hope so badly that we fail to deliver packages on time this year and get really bad press so they add loads of extra help next year.

Quite honestly I don’t want to be over 9.5 even at peak. I have a family and a life.

I’m top rate and looking at my checks isn’t even that exciting knowing there are nights I don’t get to see my kids before they go to bed. Money doesn’t buy that time back.

I leave before my baby boy is awake. I walk in after he has been asleep for an hour or two already. He woke me up this morning (just learned how to talk) and said "Dada!" And was smiling hella big. I feel your pain brother