You greedy bastards

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks for ruining another holiday season UPS.

48811C1D-636F-4539-9635-AC0B10C16995.gif

mrbrownstone

Yes, they have ruined my holiday season with unreasonable long days. Not all of us of want an insane amount of overtime. I would like family time in the evenings even during peak. Not only that, driving with my eyes glazed over because I’m so tired isn’t safe either, and no I don’t run. I’m walking at the speed of a postal worker...slow.

I hope so badly that we fail to deliver packages on time this year and get really bad press so they add loads of extra help next year.

Quite honestly I don’t want to be over 9.5 even at peak. I have a family and a life.

I’m top rate and looking at my checks isn’t even that exciting knowing there are nights I don’t get to see my kids before they go to bed. Money doesn’t buy that time back.

El Correcto

god is dead
Yes, they have ruined my holiday season with unreasonable long days. Not all of us of want an insane amount of overtime. I would like family time in the evenings even during peak. Not only that, driving with my eyes glazed over because I’m so tired isn’t safe either, and no I don’t run. I’m walking at the speed of a postal worker...slow.

I hope so badly that we fail to deliver packages on time this year and get really bad press so they add loads of extra help next year.

Quite honestly I don’t want to be over 9.5 even at peak. I have a family and a life.

I’m top rate and looking at my checks isn’t even that exciting knowing there are nights I don’t get to see my kids before they go to bed. Money doesn’t buy that time back.
Haven’t you heard? UPS is making sure our work to life ratio is being perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

At 66 hours tonight in 6 days and now its mandatory we all come in Saturday for a 7th day in a row of work...awesome, a 13 day work week (as long as we don't have to work next Saturday too).

MrFeeder

Quit or keep grinding. Some people are desperate for your position. Missed times with family comes with this job and we all know that.

The Driver

I drive.

At least you have a family. I don't even have time and energy for a date.

Who am I kidding? Nobody would have me

mrbrownstone

Quit or keep grinding. Some people are desperate for your position. Missed times with family comes with this job and we all know that.
Not an excuse dude. There is a fine line between mental health, physical health, sanity and money. Answers like yours feed corporate greed. Keep grinding for your endless gold man. Best of luck to you and maybe someday they will have a “sign up list” for you guys that need more and more and more money.

mrbrownstone

At least you have a family. I don't even have time and energy for a date.

Who am I kidding? Nobody would have me
I can’t pretend to solve your issue or be a match maker. I can say that I was very very upfront with the craziness of this job with my wife while I was a new driver. She is used to the b.s. by now but it is hard. She does however know I am willing to speak up about the ridiculous hours.

I made sure I was on the 9.5 list as soon as I hit top rate which
was even easier under the new contract. I have already filed and was paid pre peak for a violation.

Here’s the thing, I am not a young man anymore. I was early 30s getting into driving and slightly past my prime for running my balls off, but I finally learned to speak up and if they don’t like it, oh well.

Many will say “ you’re a UPS driver deal with it” my response being almost 40 and more wise: Oh yeah: that’s why Unions exist; to just deal with it? No, it is up to us to make changes, speak up and vote no if the contract makes no sense.