You know it's peak when...

clean hairy

When you somehow end up with an old truck from the 70's they found in a back corner, and YOU get stuck with it!
When you go the Customer Counter to ship something, and it is packed with angry Customers wanting to know where their boxes are, 800# told them they could pick it up!

SCV good to go sir.

When you start smoking cigs again.
When you can sheet up missed packages just as fast as a FD release.
When your customers tell you to go home.
When virtually all the drivers only have about 10 hours left on Friday, dgaf, and management concedes that they don't know what they're going to do.

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
The package on the lower left with the label facing up appears to be a Surepost package. That's kind of big to be a Surepost package.
Indeed. You ought to see the PO trucks now that they have turned off re-directs in our building for the time being. Apparently drivers running out of hours mid-day Friday and coming in on Sundays isn't something they want. The PO trucks are so full of packages (loose) that shouldn't be going to the PO.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
South shore furniture through bbi. Aka fingerhut. Well over 200 lbs. Only 10 dollars a month for the rest of their lives.

ManInBrown

I haven't the slightest clue why anyone complains about peak. 50-75 extra stops per day compared to the rest of the year, with a helper from 1pm till I'm finished. It's supposed to rain here all next week. My helper better bring a raincoat because he's going to get really wet. I don't step off the truck after 1pm. It's by FAR the easiest time of the year

moldsporh

When you walk in on the first day after Thanksgiving and they tell you that we didn't process 10 trailers.

Then they ask that if you know of anyone that wants to help get with the helper coordinator.

Way to plan...lol.