You Might Be Libertarian if you are analytical in your political beliefs

dudebro

I would have thought you would not agree with:
"If you don't take my stuff, I like you."

The Government does this all the time.

That's OK provided there's value for the money. If we can chip in and fight fires with a fire truck, build roads, educate people, and help the disabled etc, then I'm all for it. When we spend it to study the red breasted egret's mating habits, well, I'm voting for someone else next time.

BrownArmy

I am not normal.

I guess I mean ‘strange’ in the sense of your seeming refusal to be called a D or an R...

In the Venn diagram of political leanings/associations, is it that important to you to block out certain labels?

I’m registered ‘Independent’, but that’s another meaningless term.

I could just as well call myself a D on social issues and an R on fiscal ones, but even if I did, that doesn’t get to the heart of what I think or feel.

But, I get you, clubs suck!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I guess I mean ‘strange’ in the sense of your seeming refusal to be called a D or an R...

In the Venn diagram of political leanings/associations, is it that important to you to block out certain labels?

I’m registered ‘Independent’, but that’s another meaningless term.

I could just as well call myself a D on social issues and an R on fiscal ones, but even if I did, that doesn’t get to the heart of what I think or feel.

But, I get you, clubs suck!
I pretty much never belong to any groups, be it clubs, teams, fellowships, committees. I found at UPS any team or committee over 6 people begins to lessen in effectiveness with each additional person.

meetings.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
man does that capture the arrogance of libertarianism. I hold libertarian views but I have a hard time calling myself one because of the arrogance represented here. for many its more a belief in being against belonging to a group then it is for a specific belief system.
I hate groups or at least the idea of belonging to one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I pretty much never belong to any groups, be it clubs, teams, fellowships, committees. I found at UPS any team or committee over 6 people begins to lessen in effectiveness with each additional person.

View attachment 190246

My son, who is in his first professional job, is quickly finding out what a waste of time most meetings really are, especially those in a group setting. He told me that he can't wait to get out of a meeting so he can go back and get his work done.