You Might Be Libertarian if you are analytical in your political beliefs

newfie

Only in CE could someone tell me my opinion is wrong. :D What you meant is, you do not agree. , which is fine.

Notice I did not say "Libertarian" I said "libertarian". There are more than enough non-participatory libertarians that agree.

damn fifth post in CE and he's already crying. hang in there sparky . It only gets harder.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
damn fifth post in CE and he's already crying. hang in there sparky . It only gets harder.
i've been posting here for years on and off, at least 10, and you are a perfect example of why I don't post here. Absolutely no thought into your post except trolling someone for attention.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The problem with groups is that they are made up of individuals, each of whom has their own idea of what the group is, and each believing they are representative of the group. As a result, belonging to a group is nearly impossible, because each individual belongs to their own idea of what that group is. This makes it impossible to understand, or deal with, a person above the individual level.

For someone to say they are a Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative, what does any of that even mean, really? Labels are mostly a manifestation of intellectual laziness that allows us to justify treating people unfairly because of the labels we assign to them.

I thought that the basic underlying philosophy of libertarianism was, that we, as individuals, should be as free as possible, to live our lives the way we see fit, and interact with others in a voluntary, mutually benificial manner as we see fit, with government playing a small, well-defined role in facilitating voluntary participation. But the Libertarian Party is really into playing along with identity politics, and so I've become disillusioned with them.

newfie

The problem with groups is that they are made up of individuals, each of whom has their own idea of what the group is, and each believing they are representative of the group. As a result, belonging to a group is nearly impossible, because each individual belongs to their own idea of what that group is. This makes it impossible to understand, or deal with, a person above the individual level.

For someone to say they are a Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative, what does any of that even mean, really? Labels are mostly a manifestation of intellectual laziness that allows us to justify treating people unfairly because of the labels we assign to them.

I thought that the basic underlying philosophy of libertarianism was, that we, as individuals, should be as free as possible, to live our lives the way we see fit, and interact with others in a voluntary, mutually benificial manner as we see fit, with government playing a small, well-defined role in facilitating voluntary participation. But the Libertarian Party is really into playing along with identity politics, and so I've become disillusioned with them.

they'll never win if they don't play the game at some level.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
they'll never win if they don't play the game at some level.

Identity politics is a marxist strategy for dividing people and pitting them against each other with the intent of increasing government power under the guise of keeping the peace or providing safety. Everyone who plays that game loses.

floridays

man does that capture the arrogance of libertarianism. I hold libertarian views but I have a hard time calling myself one because of the arrogance represented here. for many its more a belief in being against belonging to a group then it is for a specific belief system.
You actually like to think, it's becoming a lost art.