You Sorry Bastards

TUT

Still want to know what the gov't does with it's own as I'm certain USPS delivers more illegal drugs than UPS and Fedex combined, because it's cheaper and a ton cheaper internationally.

TUT

The federal investigation of the two shipping giants stems from a blitz against online pharmacies that was launched in 2005. Since then, dozens of arrests have been made, thousands of websites shuttered and tens of millions of dollars and pills seized worldwide as investigators broadened the probe beyond the operator.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fedex-charges-raise-online-pharmacy-issues-24726188

Sort of like the war on drugs and you can still get them in the mail from online pharmacies, unlike the street drugs. How hard can it really be?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The more I read about this case, the more certain I am that FedEx should not settle out of court.

I hope they don't. Then they'll have to pay the full price. You've also become even more of an apologist lately...what's up with that?

bbsam

Staff member
I hope they don't. Then they'll have to pay the full price. You've also become even more of an apologist lately...what's up with that?
I have been saying the same thing I have always said. If you want to change Ground, you have to change the laws governing contracting. There is no other way.

In this case, I just don't understand how Fedex can be liable for illegal shipments when the government allowed them to go on for years. If the government wanted to insist that UPS and Fedex change the way they did business, why not simply change the governing regulation for shipping prescription medication? Why leave it to the companies to co.e up with their own systems and only then decide they are inadequate and thus subject to prosecution? FedEx isn't the entity that failed in it's duty. The federal government is.

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
won't be $40 million. Sounds like the judge wants to hurry it along.
Sounds like you're trying be the judge here.

And the jury.

Why should the government waste all that time in court with lawyers and judges etc. when they can solve the whole thing by just asking your opinion of what's fair?

bbsam

Staff member
Sounds like you're trying be the judge here.

And the jury.

Why should the government waste all that time in court with lawyers and judges etc. when they can solve the whole thing by just asking your opinion of what's fair?
What is your problem? This is an opinion forum, isn't it?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
What is your problem? This is an opinion forum, isn't it?
Oh Sammy, you've gotten thin skinned and cranky ever since this story broke.

You and your buddy Upstate are always quick to jump on me when I offer my opinion.

Maybe he can quit UPS and come work for you. I'd be anxious to see how that would all work out.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh Sammy, you've gotten thin skinned and cranky ever since this story broke.

You and your buddy Upstate are always quick to jump on me when I offer my opinion.

Maybe he can quit UPS and come work for you. I'd be anxious to see how that would all work out.
You? You don't have an opinion. You're just an MFE "yes man".

Last edited: