You Sorry Bastards

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
if you read what the "Motley Fool" had to say about it (it's posted on latest FedEx headlines) you'd see why your assessment is wrong. And what's bad for Fedex (recession) has actually been very good for Ground. Think like Fred. If he has a $1.6 billion bill to pay, where does he want more volume being handled?
It might be good for bbsam but not his employees. It just means more work for the same pay.

bbsam

Staff member
Think again Fred Fan.

Smith will pickpocket the employees one way or another. For example, no raises at for 5 years. Vacation/personal days/sick days cut back, even higher insurance premiums the next couple of years etc.

When Zapmail crashed in 1989, the loss was $720 million dollars and Fred's been recouping that loss ever since. One reason why it takes 30 years to reach top scale these days. Before then it was 18 months.

Think about it.

And what's good for FedEx is not necessarily good for you.
Think about it. If things get too bad, I start cutting salaries. You know how the game is played. I'm fairly insulated either way.

bbsam

Staff member
Like I said, we shall see. I think in your eyes, nothing will effect your bottom line negatively. I think if anything it would benefit UPS , not you.
I doubt it. This isn't going to drive customers away. People aren't suddenly going to view Fred S as a drug cartel czar.

MAKAVELI

I doubt it. This isn't going to drive customers away. People aren't suddenly going to view Fred S as a drug cartel czar.
Its not going to generate more customers, that's for sure. To pay for a fine of $1.6 billion, he would take from all opcos. It won't be business as usual for you and Ground. But go ahead and keep thinking it will if it pleases you.;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
UPS paid $40M to make this go away. $1.6B is 40 times $40M---coincidence? I think not.

This will never see a courtroom.

Resident know-it-all.

Oh, so this is Obama's revenge? Please remember Fred is Obama's buddy. This totally sounds like Right Wing conspiracy math, which is just s flawed as regular Right Wing math.

bbsam

Staff member
Its not going to generate more customers, that's for sure. To pay for a fine of $1.6 billion, he would take from all opcos. It won't be business as usual for you and Ground. But go ahead and keep thinking it will if it pleases you.;)
There's more than one way to generate that money. As in generating more business for Ground and less for Express because Ground yields a much higher profit. Or becoming far more aggressive in taking market share from UPS for Ground.

MAKAVELI

There's more than one way to generate that money. As in generating more business for Ground and less for Express because Ground yields a much higher profit. Or becoming far more aggressive in taking market share from UPS for Ground.
They could be doing that now. What's stopping them from doing it now?

bbsam

Staff member
They could be doing that now. What's stopping them from doing it now?
They don't have to. There's nothing pressing going on. No RLA worries, no concerns about having the contractor model seriously challenged. They can keep Ground growing at it's current 8% and HD at over 20% with no threat. This indictment is in it's early development and one thing this company never, ever does is change course quickly.

bbsam

Staff member
And come to think of it, UPS legal may have played this smartly not because they got off with a cheap fine but because they let FedEx fight the battle for them. If this goes to trial and Fedex wins, expect to see UPS's enforcement practices quietly go away.

MAKAVELI

They don't have to. There's nothing pressing going on. No RLA worries, no concerns about having the contractor model seriously challenged. They can keep Ground growing at it's current 8% and HD at over 20% with no threat. This indictment is in it's early development and one thing this company never, ever does is change course quickly.
If they could be making more $ they would. The truth is they have spent so much over the years keeping their scam going and the teamsters out that they can't just simply flip a switch. They have painted themselves in a corner and are now praying this goes their way.