Young courier blows up vets numbers while on vacation....

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Can`t they tell that all those stops were stop completed at the same location?

They can run a GAP report that tells the time between stops and the estimated time that should be between the stops. However the report is designed to highlight excessive delays between stops.

59 Dano

I thought you said Express absolutely does not tolerate falsification, but now you say it is what they want.

I suggested that he should document it (he has access to all of that info) and turn it in to his manager, senior, and HR and heads would roll.

He didn't like that suggestion.

LTFedExer

Driving on break, just wait til you get in an accident FedEx will hang you out
to dry, while DOT rips you apart.
You are allowed to drive during your break. I had that discussion with a manager and SM.
Can`t they tell that all those stops were stop completed at the same location?
Nope....no GPS as of yet.
Blatant falsification. Termination. This is what management wants you to do to create fake " productivity".
Yes and no. Management NEVER suggests you falsify, well mine don't. I run my route, if I have lates, so be it.
MFE is right, management shows no toleration of falsification, BUT, only after a customer complaint or an accident! Until that happens, they know it happens and turn a blind eye to it, as it benefits their bottom line. My station has a split shift who is on his PM area more than an hour before LBT, picks up his on calls and processes them later. I know this because on many occassions while taking my break on the day route in that area, he always stopped by to talk to me, and I would take my break on that route from 1230-1330, his PM LBT was 1450, and the area is minimum 30 minutes from station. He gets away with it because he hasn't been involved in an accident, and customers haven't complained. His manager is completely aware of this, even jokes about it!!
IF he got into an accident while on break.....the first question would be where was he coming from and where was he going. He obviously wouldn't have a POD on the ones he released and would be caught right then and there, assuming he gets pulled off the road which is a good possibilty.
Lol I got passed today by the express swing driver while I was going 63 in a 55 mph construction zone. Thought of this topic as he cruised by me...
If he was caught, he would get a ticket. But, there would be no discipline from FedEx.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They can run a GAP report that tells the time between stops and the estimated time that should be between the stops. However the report is designed to highlight excessive delays between stops.

The truth is that FedEx management absolutely knows this type of falsification and numbers-pumping is rampant, and they do nothing until a customer complains or there is an accident "off the clock". Why, because it benefits them. The lack of business ethics at FedEx is astounding.

mitchel

New to board, and just wanted to add the point that there are people who just want off the clock as early as possible. They may not have any other motive than that. Especially younger guys. Not saying it's smart or right.

agreed. ive been a swing for a long time. I know damn well which routes i can milk and blow away numbers..and sorry to some vets, i will if i want to get off early. I have great respect for most of the couriers that have put in their years, but there are some..lets face it, milk it.

whenIgetthere

IF he got into an accident while on break.....the first question would be where was he coming from and where was he going. He obviously wouldn't have a POD on the ones he released and would be caught right then and there, assuming he gets pulled off the road which is a good possibilty.

New policy states that in the event of an accident, must not proceed until a manager comes to the accident location for inspection etc.

LTFedExer

New policy states that in the event of an accident, must not proceed until a manager comes to the accident location for inspection etc.
Pretty sure that's been the policy the whole time. I remember quite a few times managers running out to an accident, even for a small thing (broken mirror, etc).

fedex435

A vet courier came back from a two week vacations to find out his route ran over -1hr Friday. Turns out, the young floater decided not to drop to the next rte once he hit his max. Hypothetically, the floater would code his lunch everyday and proceed to take pictures, with his iphone, of the bar codes and addresses of 15-20 packages. Allegedly, the float then proceeded to deliver packages while on lunch and soon as lunch was over, he pulled over and minute by minuted POD the packages by scanning the pictures of the barcodes from his iphone with is scanner. We Allegedly found out of his practices through the grapevine. Vet courier got in face of young floater and now is waiting to see if his stops per hr go up and if they do, he's squealing like a hungry pig. Safe to say, young floater won't look so super in the future.
The new system can tell if a courier is doing minute by minute stops, I believe those stops will show up red on the screen? Man, crazy day.

fedex435

Thats normal at my station. A swing blowing up a "I've earned the right courier", I mean, a veteran courier. Except that the swing doesn't falsify. He just does his job instead of milking the clock like a champion.

59 Dano

Thats normal at my station. A swing blowing up a "I've earned the right courier", I mean, a veteran courier. Except that the swing doesn't falsify. He just does his job instead of milking the clock like a champion.

1 of the regulars here said that he threatens anyone who might blow his SPH.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't tolerate ass-lickers who work through their lunch and make me look bad. What don't you understand about that?

What I don't understand is who the hell do you think you are that people give a rat's ass what you "tolerate"?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No. I am advocating putting pressure on management to rectify the situation if it exists. Do you find that objectionable?

This is why you don't understand Express, and also why your observations about Express make no sense. In my case, I have to take the initiative because management looks the other way. As long as my substitute makes great numbers, they could care less, unless he has an acccident during "lunch" or someone calls-in with something that can only be explained via falsification. They encourage this kind of behavior by looking the other way. If I tell this courier ahead of time that I will absolutely prove that they are falsifying if they "blow-up" my numbers, chances are pretty good, they won't do it.

Got it?

I really don't give a crap what you think of me, but it's obvious you don't understand the way Express management works.

CharleyHustle

Who is more guilty, the worker who "milks" it or the boss who does nothing about it? Or, is the worker not "milking" it at all but just doing what is required. Sure, every boss likes employees that go above and beyond, but reality is that most don't. And most bosses don't mess with employees who just do what they are asked, so the answer could be that no-one is guilty. Now that could beg the question should an hourly employee ever try to do more than what's expected?

DS

Fenderbender
Who is more guilty, the worker who "milks" it or the boss who does nothing about it? Or, is the worker not "milking" it at all but just doing what is required. Sure, every boss likes employees that go above and beyond, but reality is that most don't. And most bosses don't mess with employees who just do what they are asked, so the answer could be that no-one is guilty. Now that could beg the question should an hourly employee ever try to do more than what's expected?

Normally for most jobs,I'd agree with you but since the standards are set higher at ups,I think that the incidences of not having enough work are pretty rare.
If I ever have a day where I'm way ahead of things,(very rare) I just take extra break and log it in the board honestly.One day I had a 2 hr break,but as long as you're over 8 ,you look good on paper.Maybe after being in the same area for 22 years,,I've learned a thing or two.IMHO if a driver is milking it,he is essentially
stealing time.