Young courier blows up vets numbers while on vacation....

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What I don't understand is who the hell do you think you are that people give a rat's ass what you "tolerate"?

Here's a truism about just about every Express station in the country: a courier who gets his panties in a wad because a swing blows his numbers out of the water is almost always guaranteed to be a slacker. When they realize that a swing aced their routes most couriers will say something like, "Wow. You kicked butt" if they say anything about it at all. Many don't care and no one worries about it. It's package pickup and delivery.

bbsam

Staff member
This is why you don't understand Express, and also why your observations about Express make no sense. In my case, I have to take the initiative because management looks the other way. As long as my substitute makes great numbers, they could care less, unless he has an acccident during "lunch" or someone calls-in with something that can only be explained via falsification. They encourage this kind of behavior by looking the other way. If I tell this courier ahead of time that I will absolutely prove that they are falsifying if they "blow-up" my numbers, chances are pretty good, they won't do it.

Got it?

I really don't give a crap what you think of me, but it's obvious you don't understand the way Express management works.

It has nothing to do with what I think of you. You and I have gotten along fairly well for several years. It has to do with your attitude toward your fellow courier. If you can't deal with falsification within the system, go outside it. You advocate it for organizing which is nearly impossible, but for something like this, I would think OSHA or the DOT would be an avenue. One day you're gonna start swingin' your manhood around one of these young bucks and he's gonna pound it in the dirt for you. You and I aren't the young studs we once were.

Rhoderunner

Thats normal at my station. A swing blowing up a "I've earned the right courier", I mean, a veteran courier. Except that the swing doesn't falsify. He just does his job instead of milking the clock like a champion.
Sounds like you have some management problems at your station if you have that many getting away with milking it. With the intense scrutiny of GAP reports and making goals something is wrong there.

newgirl

We have a few swings that do this, but the managers don't throw it in our faces-they know the swings do it on purpose. The rest don't try and outdo anyone, they like when they are scheduled for some of the routes, they can do them easily, make their numbers and get home at a decent time.

If I was that vet courier and if the manager was throwing it in my face, I would suggest that he or she get his or her butt into the van with the young stud and see if he can duplicate the numbers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It has nothing to do with what I think of you. You and I have gotten along fairly well for several years. It has to do with your attitude toward your fellow courier. If you can't deal with falsification within the system, go outside it. You advocate it for organizing which is nearly impossible, but for something like this, I would think OSHA or the DOT would be an avenue. One day you're gonna start swingin' your manhood around one of these young bucks and he's gonna pound it in the dirt for you. You and I aren't the young studs we once were.

You miss the point, which is that Express management isn't doing their job when they look the other way on falsification. I shouldn't have to go have a talk with the swing before I go on vacation, but I do because management isn't going to say squat if he blows-off lunch and delivers 15 extra stops per day while I'm off.

You can't really go outside the system either. OSHA and DOT aren't viable options, and I don't want to see someone fired because they're young and stupid. I like the guy, and we have an understanding that he doesn't screw me. It's unfortunate that I need to threaten someone with exposure for falsifying, but that is the current culture at Express.

I always make my numbers. Even if I hate FedEx, I do my job, and do it well. If I slam them with extra lates sometimes, I still make SPH and there's nothing they can pin on me. I give my customers great service, and I have numerous appreciation letters on-file to prove it. The only way a swing can beat my numbers is to cheat the system, and I won't tolerate having some manager berate me for "not keeping up" when it's based on a lie.