Your 2005 UPS Total Compensation Package

B

brownmonster

I always get a kick out of the first line when we get this thing in the mail. " The pay you received during 2004 is an important part of your total compensation package." Yea, no sh#&!

W

wily_old_vet

I got mine yesterday as well along with 401k mailing. Interestingly enough I had called the 401k plan yesterday asking on procedures for rolling 401k over into IRA after retirement. I was told that they would send me the check, made out to the financial institution that will hold the IRA and that it couldn't be done electronically. Yet in yesterday's mailing there is a whole page on rollovers and such and it says it will be done electronically. GRRRRR!!! Looks like I'll be calling them back today. Never a dull moment.

T

trickpony1

Can someone tell me why the company feels the need to do this?
Is it a little more than coincidence that this occurs in late July, which in three years from now would be right before the contract expires?
Would this be considered subtle coercion or extortion?

T

tranham

I liked the part under important benifits : Turkey. Yeah!

Can someone please tell me how to get paid for the 8hrs of deliverys I do in my sleep?

Robert

U

upsdawg

There almost appears to be some various motives as to why we get them-----it is nice to see them and they come out every year--and I normally don't add everything together to get a total compensation--it's hard to spend the "Other"-non pay stuff---but it will be nice somewhere down the road.......and I wish I would hurry up and get Down the Road!!

O

ok2bclever

I have always gotten them about this time of year as well.

At least as long as since the contract end was moved to August.

Hmmmmm. . . Naw . . . Do you think? . . . Naw. . .

It's not truly paranoia when they really are after you, but still. . . naw. . .
biggrin.gif

U

ups_vette

For those of you not aware, our representatives in Congress are considering a bill which would make Medical Benefits TAXABLE. Medical Benefits would be considered part of your wages and therefore be taxable.
This could add more than a few dollars to the amount of tax you will owe on April 15th, depending on the amount paid on your behalf to Doctors, Hospitals, and Pharmacies.

O

ok2bclever

This rumor has gone around many times over many years and I don't know if it is actually true now or just the same ole rumor, but it wouldn't be based on how much medical insurance was paid for you but on the same type of valuation UPS puts on it.

Cost of premiums, etc.

We would get majorly screwed tax-wise if that happened, but like I said this has been an ongoing rumor for decades now.

Vette, do you have an actual link to the Senate or House of Reps with a proposed bill on this or did you "hear" this from someone?