your fantasy tactic against Russia.

newfie

you've been put in charge of the ukranian forces. Russia invades . what is your plan of attack?

after careful consideration with my consultants corona one and two i decide the following.

I expect Russia to try to annex the eastern part of ukraine. I mobilze my army and head to meet them.
miles before i reach their forces I turn north and invade Russia.
I go for the biggest city i can reach quickly blitzkrieg style.
Pedal to the metal let the support units catch me later.
my goal to shows russians who already dont want this war what one looks like on their soil.
Russian is then forced to reposition to defend its homeland.
as their resistance stiffens I then turn south and flank the now seperated invaders in eastern Ukraine.
Let the slaughter begin.

now your turn

El Correcto

god is dead
you've been put in charge of the ukranian forces. Russia invades . what is your plan of attack?

after careful consideration with my consultants corona one and two i decide the following.

I expect Russia to try to annex the eastern part of ukraine. I mobilze my army and head to meet them.
miles before i reach their forces I turn north and invade Russia.
I go for the biggest city i can reach quickly blitzkrieg style.
Pedal to the metal let the support units catch me later.
my goal to shows russians who already dont want this war what one looks like on their soil.
Russian is then forced to reposition to defend its homeland.
as their resistance stiffens I then turn south and flank the now seperated invaders in eastern Ukraine.
Let the slaughter begin.

now your turn
Beg america not to let us fall.
That’s all those people can truly do, the advantage is staggering and they will need western support to survive.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Jump in one of those friend-35s the USA has got lined up in Poland and make the kremlin disappear
1BD0E5C6-3816-4380-8BA9-819BD85226EC.gif

vantexan

All you would do is piss off a much greater military and give them all the reason to overthrow your government.
The Russians have already invaded. But 200,000 troops versus whatever troops plus reserves the Ukrainians have? The Russians have superior weaponry but the guns the Ukrainians have still kill people. Are you familiar with the Soviets invading Finland in 1939? The Finns kicked their ass. It's not a forgone conclusion that the Russians will just roll over Ukraine unopposed. The Ukrainian military has likely war gamed every scenario out for decades. And Newfie's strategy of taking the fight to the Russians in their homeland might shock the living hell out of them. As Truman said it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The Russians have already invaded. But 200,000 troops versus whatever troops plus reserves the Ukrainians have? The Russians have superior weaponry but the guns the Ukrainians have still kill people. Are you familiar with the Soviets invading Finland in 1939? The Finns kicked their ass. It's not a forgone conclusion that the Russians will just roll over Ukraine unopposed. The Ukrainian military has likely war gamed every scenario out for decades. And Newfie's strategy of taking the fight to the Russians in their homeland might shock the living hell out of them. As Truman said it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
The Ukrainians have around 100k troops plus about 30-40k of militia. If they fight or decide to go the partisan route, many Russians will die.

bacha29

The Ukrainians have around 100k troops plus about 30-40k of militia. If they fight or decide to go the partisan route, many Russians will die.
An insurgency with Western equipped weapons and lots of them. Expect the announcement from the Biden administration that Putin has been cut off from SWIFT. Now there's something that could really hurt. At the same time Ukraine accounts for 12% of the world's exports of wheat, 16% of it's corn 18% of it's barley and 19% of it's oilseed . Don't expect to see much coming out of Ukraine for quite some time and Russian grain exports to western allies will be banned.

bacha29

DOW futures and overseas markets getting wacked Oil and natural gas up 2%. Every sea worthy vessel capable of hauling LNG to Europe had better start loading up at Sabine Pass.

bacha29

It's a feckless move that will result in cyber attacks on the United States.
There has already been a number of cyber attacks against US and Western targets for the past number of months. SWIFT as you guys probably know is the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication. One location in the US the other in the Netherlands. This is Putin's ATM machine his where payment for his oil and gas passes through.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There has already been a number of cyber attacks against US and Western targets for the past number of months. SWIFT as you guys probably know is the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication. One location in the US the other in the Netherlands. This is Putin's ATM machine his where payment for his oil and gas passes through.
It's a feckless move that will result in cyber attacks on the United States.