your fantasy tactic against Russia.

newfie

All you would do is piss off a much greater military and give them all the reason to overthrow your government.
thats a given. your in the position that you're going to lose and probably die. How do you make it as painful as possible for the invaders?

newfie

The Ukrainians have around 100k troops plus about 30-40k of militia. If they fight or decide to go the partisan route, many Russians will die.
I'm hearing around 250,000 ukranian troops. I'm hearing on fox they may be able to mobilize as many as a million fighting for their home country.

think about us if we were invaded. We have about 2 million troops in all branches? How many police? How many old guys like me that still own guns and still know how to shoot?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I'm hearing around 250,000 ukranian troops. I'm hearing on fox they may be able to mobilize as many as a million fighting for their home country.

think about us if we were invaded. We have about 2 million troops in all branches? How many police? How many old guys like me that still own guns and still know how to shoot?
Supposedly they have a million man army, but little armor and a small Air Force.

newfie

putin just told us to stay out of it or face consequences we have never experienced before. that would be a big friend you to us.

bacha29

According to the latest strength estimates released by the Pentagon Russia can put up to 280,000 troops in the combat zone. Ukraine 120,000. Training, equipment, transportation Russia has an over whelming advantage Ukrainian losses expected to be many times higher than Russian losses.

El Correcto

god is dead
The Russians have already invaded. But 200,000 troops versus whatever troops plus reserves the Ukrainians have? The Russians have superior weaponry but the guns the Ukrainians have still kill people. Are you familiar with the Soviets invading Finland in 1939? The Finns kicked their ass. It's not a forgone conclusion that the Russians will just roll over Ukraine unopposed. The Ukrainian military has likely war gamed every scenario out for decades. And Newfie's strategy of taking the fight to the Russians in their homeland might shock the living hell out of them. As Truman said it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Modern warfare is different.
We aren’t discussing the 1939 Soviets, we discussing a country that has hundreds of fighter planes vs thousands. They stand no chance if they choose to invade Russia, it would be a slaughter for them.

bacha29

Supposedly they have a million man army, but little armor and a small Air Force.
Air and naval assets.....little to nothing. Their tanks are older model Russian that they've gathered up around the country, fixed up hoping that they'll be somewhat effective. Numerical disadvantage is staggering.

El Correcto

god is dead
thats a given. your in the position that you're going to lose and probably die. How do you make it as painful as possible for the invaders?
You start long before this happens. You allow your citizens to own guns, you raise a society much like Taiwan where it is live free or die, down to the last man woman and child. You’d rather watch any city taken be bombed by the government than be held by the enemies, etc.
Their only real chance of making this unwinnable for the russians is having free people that refuse to be ruled over by russians and are willing to watch it all burn before that happens.

El Correcto

god is dead
You fight a total war and post the atrocities of the Russians all over the internet until the west can’t ignore it and their people won’t stand for it.

You make the russians shoot women defending their homes, etc.

Modern warfare is different.
We aren’t discussing the 1939 Soviets, we discussing a country that has hundreds of fighter planes vs thousands. They stand no chance if they choose to invade Russia, it would be a slaughter for them.
Logistics is the key. Fuel, ammunition, food, water, spare parts, medical support. Tanks and armour do not live off the land.

El Correcto

god is dead
Basically what Taiwan says to China everytime there is animosity. Sure bro come invade, enjoy ruling over the pile of dead bodies and rubble you will earn for all your hard work.

El Correcto

god is dead
Logistics is the key. Fuel, ammunition, food, water, spare parts, medical support. Tanks and armour do not live off the land.
And how long have the russians been prepping for this? At least since the Trump adminstration maybe even the Obama or longer. I think their military wouldn’t be making moves if they weren’t prepared to follow through a well planned attack.

And how long have the russians been prepping for this? At least since the Trump adminstration maybe even the Obama or longer. I think their military wouldn’t be making moves if they weren’t prepared to follow through a well planned attack.
Of course they did. But what logistics do the Ukrainian military have? At the most they could have an insurgent campaign of hit and run attacks' . Make the Russians bleed.