Your thing doesn't work!

ups1990

I'm sorry, pardon me?

"Yeah" the lady said. "I'm trying to sign my name but it keeps beeping"?
Oh, it's because you accidentaly pressed this button(signature key). My fellow full-time, cover and saturday drivers, how many times has this happend to you? The DIAD is an amazing piece of technology, but feel this key could have been designed better so as to prevent this. As long as this DIAD is used we can expect to hear, "your thing doesn't work". Lady, my thing works just fine, thank you.:wink2:

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm sorry, pardon me?

"Yeah" the lady said. "I'm trying to sign my name but it keeps beeping"?
Oh, it's because you accidentaly pressed this button(signature key). My fellow full-time, cover and saturday drivers, how many times has this happend to you? The DIAD is an amazing piece of technology, but feel this key could have been designed better so as to prevent this. As long as this DIAD is used we can expect to hear, "your thing doesn't work". Lady, my thing works just fine, thank you.:wink2:

This is why I love left handed customers. They never hit the button.

code5

I know I'm going to get torched over this, but I usually just get there last name and key it in. Stroke a line accross the board and I'm on my way. Its not like they didn't sign the dumb thing, they just didn't finish the signature.

If anything come of it, its not like they didn't sign it, it just didn't go through. My board is so warn out the signature is NEVER legible anyways.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know I'm going to get torched over this, but I usually just get there last name and key it in. Stroke a line accross the board and I'm on my way. Its not like they didn't sign the dumb thing, they just didn't finish the signature.

If anything come of it, its not like they didn't sign it, it just didn't go through. My board is so warn out the signature is NEVER legible anyways.

Have you ever had a DFU with SIGNATURE DENIAL as the reason for the DFU? Do yourself a favor--get the signature. It is not your concern whether it is legible or not--this is why we clarify. A straight line is not a signature.

I believe that this has been addressed in the development of DIAD V.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
The sig capture quality on diad IV is not that good. I have many customes who sign with very little legible evidence actually showing on the end result. I just clarify and move on. I didn't invent it, I just use it. I think the next version will be better. This is the one I have to work with.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I had a young lady get up andd walk off when I tried to hand her the DIAD, I watched her with a dazed look on my face as she entered the bathroom and stated "I don't want to touch your thingie with my hands all greasy.

I replied, You can touch it with anything on your hands. It wont mind.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

The last runner that we had get walked to the gate, one of the things he had trouble explaining in the meeting was why he had 50+ signatures that all looked exactly the same (line across the board). I'm sure that while he was doing it, he justified it to himself in much the same way that you are. Very often the excuses you make to yourself don't sound as good when you make them to someone else. This guy was doing a lot of other things too, I'm not saying you're gonna end up like him, but it's something to think about.

over9five

Staff member
I remember covering routes that when you handed customers the DIAD, they'd have no idea what it was. Like every customer on the route.

I learned that this was because the regular driver did the line/clarify thing.....
Not smart.

bigbrownhen

Have you noticed that the older customers are the only ones who care what their sig looks like, they are often embarrased that it is so terrible. Younger people couldn't care less. I always tell them that no matter how hard you try, the diad makes you wright like a 5 yr old, the harder you try the worse it looks. Pennmanship is a lost art, not that mine was very good anyway. My 3rd grade teacher would be so disappointed....

10damon

When my customers complain that the chicken scratch on the screen looks nothing like their sig., i tell them "Dont worry. No extra points for penmanship." Usually gets a chuckle