You're going to get a "letter"

Over 70

I've never had a HV to deliver yet just HV PU's in my short illustrious career lol

I'm glad I know this is possible because it's something I would of assumed the diad would just automatically require signature too.

I assume it was a residence you delivered to since you thought DR was acceptable.

I wouldn't worry about it now but consider it an easy lesson that didn't cost you.

There's a lot of stuff at UPS that I would assume they would back their employee up on but I've quickly realized you're really on your own. Just like the law, ignorance is not an excuse and they will pin your ass to the wall if they are in a position to do so.

Now I approach scenarios with "how could I get :censored2:ed by this" rather than "makes the most sense to me."

battym

I duno..I would think you could,I wouldn't press my luck tho..heard some of the HV horror stories (drivers having to pay for it) not worth taking the chance

ManInBrown

I see a lot of high values lately that don't come up sig required. To play it safe I get signatures for any packages with the red tape.

Another thing is, how come all the HV's aren't in the cage in the morning. Sometimes they're in the load already. Did you pull it out of the cage, or was it already in the truck?

Warning letters are good for one thing. To use as a tissue. I wouldn't worry about it

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Never mind I see HV is High Value. Yes I signed for it, but I thought since the Diad didn't require a signature that it was a special scenario.
The cage holding the high values might have been the first clue, that and the red tape.

If it is in the load and the dial lets you DR it, that's no fault of yours.

Ghost in the Darkness

If you sign for HV in the morning make sure you put a priority on it in your mind. Put a note on the label to remind yourself to get a signature when you deliver. I find it asinine that a company can micro-manage so much but can't fix this HV issue and the same address mispals that happen on a daily basis.
It sucks but we are expected to be perfect everyday. It doesn't matter what the other bumbling idiots that wander around the building all day do. When you realize that, take whatever steps you need to do to protect yourself.

LongIslandNewbie

Thanks for all the helpful comments. For the unhelpful ones :cursing:.
I do keep all my High Values separate and I know the importance of them, but this was the 1st one that came up this way in the Diad. I would argue it but I also don't want to be the crybaby. I will chalk it up to a learning curve and know never do it again. My biggest issue is that I get more help on a this board then I do from the acting Shop Steward. As a Newbie, there really is no guidance with procedures.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BIG MISTAKE !!!
You knew it was a high value when you signed it ,, you shouldn't have relied on the DIAD to remind you !!
Just be happy the customer signed that they got it and take as a learning experience,, letter will go away in time , good luck !

We are required to put HV in the remarks and to send an ODS upon delivery.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
HV packages are treated differently in the same building sometimes. In my center we had to turn in anything we picked up that was over $2000, but in the center 50 feet away drivers didn't turn it in unless it was over $5000.

clean hairy

In the UPS Terms and conditions, if signature is not required, our limit of liability is $999, regardless of declared value.
Anything with a declared value more than $999 Requires a signature.
I believe it is on page 4 or 5, just going from memory here.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
In the UPS Terms and conditions, if signature is not required, our limit of liability is $999, regardless of declared value.
Anything with a declared value more than $999 Requires a signature.
I believe it is on page 4 or 5, just going from memory here.
Impressed you know it well enough to even know the page

Whargoul

wait til ya get a shipper release HV..then you will scratch your head..(still need a Sig)
Unless the board specifically tells me I need a signature and I can not complete the stop without one then a shipper release is going to be left on first attempt. That is what the shipper has paid for.