You're going to get a "letter"

Daf

Been in the union since Jan of this year. On Tuesday morning I got called into the supervisors office and questioned what happened to a high value that I delivered. I advised it didn't have a signature required on the Diad and I left it. They said that I needed to get a signed paper from the customer or I would be responsible to pay the value. I questioned why did the customer say they didn't receive it? And why did the Diad allow me to leave it? I didn't receive answers to either. The "acting" shop steward was in there with me. I said ok i will get the paper signed, I know the customer I deliver to her all the time. She signed it that day and I returned it to the center. This morning I got called in again about the same scenario and i was told I will be "getting a letter". I asked a letter for what, and was told about the high value not being signed for. I am very confused by all of this. I asked the ASS of an acting steward what does this mean and he pushed me out saying don't be late on your next days. Is this something I can contest? Should I call the union? I would have NEVER left if the Diad required me to get it signed.
You can file on any level of discipline. Even though you signed and knew that you had a high value. The company needs to fix their part of the problem and have it in the Diad for signature. If you do nothing the company will not fix their part.

clean hairy

Lots of space in this mall!
"They broke my watch!"
"I'm gonna get that bleepity bleep if it's the last thing I ever do!"

Also, anyone really believe a Pinto could keep up with a cop car?
"Cop motor, cop tires, cop suspension, and it runs good on regular gas"
"Hit it!"
Is it the new Bluesmobile or what?" "Fix the lighter"

moldsporh

OP, if you're on the radar you really need to watch your steps for the next 9 months....now they have you for failing to follow proper procedures.....a total BS blanket statement but they like to run with it.

Tell them now that you have a warning letter instead of a verbal warming,you're doing everything by the book...including orion 100%

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Never mind I see HV is High Value. Yes I signed for it, but I thought since the Diad didn't require a signature that it was a special scenario.
Your SOL on that. I have had high values put on the truck, not notified and not signed for by me, only to have to go back and get a signature.
Any package I sign for, customer signs for, that is my rule even if it does not have a signature required on it as I keep those package/s near my bags. Other thing I look for now is that red tape on the box that might signify a high value