Yup UPS is screwed this December

Trackless in brown

Well word is that in Florida both Jacksonville and Orlando hubs are already backing up and sinking fast...UPS sending all unwanted, useless blacklisted sups to try to bail out those sinking ships....good luck!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Doesn't look like they're shutting off Orion so failure is guaranteed.
Its not a question of whether or not we will get RDO back.
Its only a question is how many hundreds of thousands of stops will have to get missed before they break and give it back to us.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Doesn't look like they're shutting off Orion so failure is guaranteed.
I took the liberty of turning my orion off today. If I hear a single word about it from here on out then I will do my best to deliver 50 stops a day in orion order and bring the other 250 stops back as missed.

barnyard

KTM rider
I had an 11 hour day today. If I had only kept my helper for 6 hours, I would have been out over 12. Orion is making me some serious bank. Does not appear that they are going to shut it off at my center. I asked about it tonight.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I had an 11 hour day today. If I had only kept my helper for 6 hours, I would have been out over 12. Orion is making me some serious bank. Does not appear that they are going to shut it off at my center. I asked about it tonight.
I have the ability to turn it off myself, but I know a lot of centers do not. Talk to your sup or pds and ask if they can turn it off or else tell them they will have service failures.

barnyard

KTM rider
I told one of my supes tonight. I did have a service failure today and avoided 2 others. He said that he cannot turn it off, but thinks that my route does not have the helper box checked. He said that having that box checked has orion running it very close to EDD order. It worked pretty much last year, so I guess I will find out tomorrow.

soberups

I have the ability to turn it off myself, but I know a lot of centers do not. Talk to your sup or pds and ask if they can turn it off or else tell them they will have service failures.
Its all in how you phrase it.
Dont ask them to “turn ORION off” because, as part of the entire ORION corporate Kool Aid package, they have been provided with canned, rehearsed speeches to help them deflect requests like that.
Instead, you need to ask them to “stop hiding RDO” or “stop intentionally blocking me from having access to the information I need to prevent service failures.” Dont get drawn in to a debate about the specifics of ORION; instead, force them to answer a simple yes or no question: “do you still want me to make smart decisions for you?” When they say yes, affirm that you would also prefer that but in order to do so you will need a manifest that shows a list of the stops in your car in the order that they are loaded in.
In other words...cooperation is not a one way street.

Last edited:

soberups

I told one of my supes tonight. I did have a service failure today and avoided 2 others. He said that he cannot turn it off, but thinks that my route does not have the helper box checked. He said that having that box checked has orion running it very close to EDD order. It worked pretty much last year, so I guess I will find out tomorrow.
He can turn it off with exactly 2 mouse clicks.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Its all in how you phrase it.
Dont ask them to “turn ORION off” because, as part of the entire ORION corporate Kool Aid package, they have been provided with canned, rehearsed speeches to help them deflect requests like that.
Instead, you need to ask them to “stop hiding RDO” or “stop intentionally blocking me from having access to the information I need to prevent service failures.” Dont get drawn in to a debate about the specifics of ORION; instead, force them to answer a simple yes or no question: “do you still want me to make smart decisions for you?” When they say yes, affirm that you would also prefer that but in order to do so you will need a manifest that shows a list of the stops in your car in the order that they are loaded in.
I don't need the manifest, I just need my diad with RDO and I'm good to go. I only print the manifest if I'm on an extended route or else it's just a waste of paper IMO.

truckofdreams

Chea!!!!!!!! 14!!!!! Every night!!! Orlando hub your last stop and landstreet hub lol Seems are sups here can never get it right. No one in management has drove past there 30 days. Can’t think of one that ever was a driver. Wait I do and he/she would skip there lunch and run stop signs every day and was proud of it.

Grey

My dispatcher has never told me no when asking him to turn off ODO on a heavy day. Usually I’m so business heavy that I don’t even need to see my EDD and can deliver based on looking in the cab. When they take off business and add splits it can get tricky. So far so good thru two days.

soberups

I don't need the manifest, I just need my diad with RDO and I'm good to go. I only print the manifest if I'm on an extended route or else it's just a waste of paper IMO.
A “manifest” is a generic term for a list of the stops on your car. The list can be on paper, or it can be displayed in electronic form in the DIAD. But the important thing for our purposes...is that it needs to list the stops in the order that they are loaded in the car.
We need such a list in order to function during peak season. Only an idiot would argue otherwise.