Zero Tolerance Stalking Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerkat

Ovah how did I miss this? Holy monkey balls! I can't believe someone here did this, especially to you! On my other forum we had the same situation happening, but even worse. That person was posting pictures of home phone numbers, addresses and children of members of the board. Actually at times I think that guy is on this board as this resident troll. That is why we did our spinoff forum with it being locked and membership needing approval first.

I feel very badly for you. There is a turd here that did go over the line with something kind of similar, but doesn't get it. Sorry Ovah that you and your wife had your privacy invaded.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That is creepy and beyond crossing a line. Those of us who choose to protect our identities on here have our reasons for doing so. I agree with Ovah.....any member who posts a pic of another member (or their family) Without their permission should be banned.

gingerkat

What would YOU like to be done when another member posts a picture of you, your wife or husband, or your children in a way meant to harass or publicly identify you?
To answer this question… I think we should not ban them right away. In fact we should secretly moderate them, get IP address then in fact find out where they live and post said nut job's name, address and info. Done, this person will go away forever.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
The best policy is if it is a photo that might have a negative implication, then never post it anywheres. No matter how hard you try, somebody will be able to get at it, and use the photo against you.

If you post a photo on Facebook, or Brown Cafe, or any type of media site, expect it to be used, and maybe not in a favorable light. Of the photos I have on this site, I expected to get some flack, as they were taken while I was holding the steering wheel. I would counter that I used a hands free mount, and a remote release.

Should someone use a photo, likeness, or words to defame me, I would hope that the TOS would be used to place that poster in moderation or banned.

over9five

Staff member
Wow, lots of great points!

I'd agree that pictures posted here, and then reposted by someone else, shouldn't be a ban-able offense. The Moderator team could decide on an individual basis if the member should be banned. In a case like mine, where the post was meant to harass, intimidate, or publicly identify, the poster should be banned.

I'm also amazed that Roadrunner2012 made no attempt at an apology. "Gee Over, that was a bonehead move posting a picture of your wife. Sorry about that". I understand mistakes, and believe me I understand bonehead moves. I don't know, maybe he's some 16 year old kid that just doesn't get it. I think any adult would have apologized.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Cheryl....I think in light of this situation....Ovah should get his own eyeball lucky charm! Call it restitution for the invasion of his privacy...just sayin.

gingerkat

Wow, lots of great points!

I'd agree that pictures posted here, and then reposted by someone else, shouldn't be a ban-able offense. The Moderator team could decide on an individual basis if the member should be banned. In a case like mine, where the post was meant to harass, intimidate, or publicly identify, the poster should be banned.

I'm also amazed that Roadrunner2012 made no attempt at an apology. "Gee Over, that was a bonehead move posting a picture of your wife. Sorry about that". I understand mistakes, and believe me I understand bonehead moves. I don't know, maybe he's some 16 year old kid that just doesn't get it. I think any adult would have apologized.
Ovah, he didn't apologize because he isn't sorry. People do sheetty things because they want to. He's another turd here and he was getting his digs in, but with his pics not his words. That isn't apology worthy at all. That is completely ovah (sorry, had to put that in) the line! Your wife and family is off limits. Reposting something you have already posted, well that is debatable.

oldngray

nowhere special
How about if I post a pic of a hole in the ground and a wood chipper?

You aren't in North Dakota are you?
921201203329f85429db2a01fc500dbc94502520165635.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.