Zero Tolerance Stalking Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chuchu

Over freely decided to post those pictures to his Photobucket account for the world to see. He never assumed that anyone would use those pictures in the manner that RR did so he did not think to properly set his privacy settings. There is no excuse for what RR did.

The pictures that we freely decide to post here should be posted without worry that someone will try to use them against you. anonymous and Bubblehead both chose to use my personal pictures as their avatars. While there was no harm done I still felt that these actions crossed the line.
Some of your comments cross the line too.

Although I would not mess with your avatar or pics, the way you degrade fellow workers at times brings wrath on you from others who have spent countless hours of their personal time helping others keep their jobs.

over9five

Staff member
Kinda surprised at some of the comments blaming me. I'm the VICTIM. You guys are the kind of people who blame rape victims for being raped based on how they're dressed.

gingerkat

Tut, I was just going off of your lame thing of saying if you do things online, then it's your fault. Maybe you should not defend someone that did something totally wrong.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

gingerkat

Kinda surprised at some of the comments blaming me. I'm the VICTIM. You guys are the kind of people who blame rape victims for being raped based on how they're dressed.
Ovah, you've done nothing wrong here. Anyone that would agree with a criminal makes them a criminal, in my eyes. At this point I don't know how you can possibly continue to argue with stupidity. If anyone would say you did wrong or agree with that dumb cuff, I would have to wonder off maybe they are in alignment with that very person that did it.

I'll continue to stick up for you, but won't spend my breath on the one's that think that person did nothing wrong. When it happens to them the horror will begin - watch.

TUT

Tut, I was just going off of your lame thing of saying if you do things online, then it's your fault. Maybe you should not defend someone that did something totally wrong.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I believe you are misunderstanding my words. You put it out there in public... someone can grab it and use it for whatever. I've never done something like this and wouldn't, but we do set ourselves up for fail sometimes. In the late 90's I did get a taste of something like this, no pictures but identity blown, I believe that is what the stink is over. Life went on, but you learn to cover your tracks if you want to be anonymous. If people can't handle my words or want to twist them... well what can I do? If only a hug and a cuddle was wanted here, I'm sorry, I blew that... Sucks, I know the feeling.

over9five

Staff member
Don't you guys get that it isn't really the picture, but the fact that he/she took the time to dig into someones life to find it and then post it? That is what is scary.

^^^This is exactly what it is all about. We don't care that our picture was posted here. Probably 80% of Brown Cafe'ers know what I look like anyhow. Gingerkat, 407, and Moreluck are just a few I sent a picture to last week. (Upstate too if he had opened his damn mailbox for a minute!!) Everyone at UPS knows who I am.
I kinda thought my Photobucket was secure seeing I had to enter my password to see my own pictures. AND I never cared who saw them anyhow.

The POINT is that someone used the picture to TRY to harass or publicly identify me here on Brown Cafe. That was what was wrong.

Thanks to my friends who had my back here. Thought there'd be more, but whatever.

@Hoaxster Hoax you can close this thread, it's run its course!

Status
Not open for further replies.