“On Call Feeder”

ughups10

Alright anyone got an answer for me on this one?
I work at a fairly large hub and we have an on call feeder list. We’re told we have to answer our phones and/or call back within 15 minutes. If we don’t call back within 15 minutes we are put on the bottom of the on call sheet. *We’re also not allowed to pass on offered work even if there are drivers available below us* We’re supposed to call in by a certain time to see wether or not we are guaranteed driving work for the day. If we’re not guaranteed driving work we have the option to work in the hub.
I’ve missed calls by more than 15 minutes called them back, been told I’m at the bottom of the list and now I’m not guaranteed work and also I’m not allowed to work my 8 hours in the hub because me “missing my call = me calling off for the day”
Anything I can do about this?
Local 30 if that helps

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I work at a fairly large hub and we have an on call feeder list. We’re told we have to answer our phones and/or call back within 15 minutes. If we don’t call back within 15 minutes we are put on the bottom of the on call sheet. *We’re also not allowed to pass on offered work even if there are drivers available below us* We’re supposed to call in by a certain time to see wether or not we are guaranteed driving work for the day. If we’re not guaranteed driving work we have the option to work in the hub.
I’ve missed calls by more than 15 minutes called them back, been told I’m at the bottom of the list and now I’m not guaranteed work and also I’m not allowed to work my 8 hours in the hub because me “missing my call = me calling off for the day”
Local 30 if that helps
Ask what your scheduled start time is for tomorrow. Show up on time and demand your 8 & 40 if need be. Doctors are in call, not Teamsters.

MyTripisCut

Yep. Midnight “Monday” to midnight Friday
Gotcha. There may be nothing you can do if you are a Tractor Trailer Vacation replacement driver as referred to in article 51 of their supplement.

-
Vacation Replacement Tractor-Trailer Drivers hired in April, May, June, July, August, and September, shall not gain seniority unless they are worked in the month of October of the year in which they are hired as a Vacation Replacement Tractor-Trailer Driver.
- 213 -

These employees will be hired on a year-to-year basis and must reapply yearly to be considered for employment as a Vacation Re- placement Driver.
After working thirty (30) days in an eighty (80) calendar day peri- od, the top twenty-five percent (25%) of the total Vacation Replace- ment Drivers hired in a given year will be given Preferred Vacation Replacement Driver status.
A Preferred Vacation Replacement Driver will be afforded trac- tor-trailer work prior to non-preferred vacation replacement driv- ers. The preferred Vacation Replacement Driver will be afforded work opportunity, when work is available once in any twenty-four (24) hour period according to the Company’s work schedule. If un- available for work when called, the vacation replacement trac- tor-trailer driver will lose preferred status.

MyTripisCut

Gotcha. There may be nothing you can do if you are a Tractor Trailer Vacation replacement driver as referred to in article 51 of their supplement.

-
Vacation Replacement Tractor-Trailer Drivers hired in April, May, June, July, August, and September, shall not gain seniority unless they are worked in the month of October of the year in which they are hired as a Vacation Replacement Tractor-Trailer Driver.
- 213 -

These employees will be hired on a year-to-year basis and must reapply yearly to be considered for employment as a Vacation Re- placement Driver.
After working thirty (30) days in an eighty (80) calendar day peri- od, the top twenty-five percent (25%) of the total Vacation Replace- ment Drivers hired in a given year will be given Preferred Vacation Replacement Driver status.
A Preferred Vacation Replacement Driver will be afforded trac- tor-trailer work prior to non-preferred vacation replacement driv- ers. The preferred Vacation Replacement Driver will be afforded work opportunity, when work is available once in any twenty-four (24) hour period according to the Company’s work schedule. If un- available for work when called, the vacation replacement trac- tor-trailer driver will lose preferred status.
This is some sheettay language.

ughups10

This is some sheettay language.
All the language for the feeder department is :censored2:ty. I’ve contacted my union rep but I’m waiting for him to get back to me. I’m definitely not just a cover driver although we do have the option to bid on weekly vacation runs. I’ve been with the company for 3.5 years and a feeder driver for a year and a half. Once I get enough seniority I’ll be able to bid on a 6 month bid job.

MyTripisCut

All the language for the feeder department is *ty. I’ve contacted my union rep but I’m waiting for him to get back to me. I’m definitely not just a cover driver although we do have the option to bid on weekly vacation runs. I’ve been with the company for 3.5 years and a feeder driver for a year and a half. Once I get enough seniority I’ll be able to bid on a 6 month bid job.
Something seems wrong. I’m not a feeder driver but have never heard of this. Your supplement has language that says the workweek shall consist of five days/8 a day. Up to them to find something for you to do.

ughups10

Something seems wrong. I’m not a feeder driver but have never heard of this. Your supplement has language that says the workweek shall consist of five days/8 a day. Up to them to find something for you to do.
It seems like a bunch of bs to me too. They didn’t do any of this last year. If I missed a call I called back as soon as I noticed and they would give me a time to come in at that point. It seems to be the flavor of the month.

ManInBrown

Local 30 if that helps
This on call feeder thing is so weird. Thankful I don’t work in a local that has this.