“On Topic” Driver Helper question

Newguy2001

I was recently hired this Wednesday and was told I would be called in for work friday after thanksgiving. Its already monday and still no calls. I made sure all my information was perfectly stated. I have my uniform and everything. Although I don’t have a number to call but I can drive up to HR. What should I do?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I was recently hired this Wednesday and was told I would be called in for work friday after thanksgiving. Its already monday and still no calls. I made sure all my information was perfectly stated. I have my uniform and everything. Although I don’t have a number to call but I can drive up to HR. What should I do?

They wouldn't call you on Friday, and it is six in the morning. Relax, have some patience

Newguy2001

Update, an hour later after posting I was called. Eager to work I got ready and on my way to the meet off point I was called off by being texted by the driver with a possible call for tomorrow. Oh well.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like you will be called up soon. I had to let my golf cart go today, 26 stops in six hours? We have helpers quit, you should see some action soon.

Edit: just saw above post. Good luck

Faceplanted

Update, an hour later after posting I was called. Eager to work I got ready and on my way to the meet off point I was called off by being texted by the driver with a possible call for tomorrow. Oh well.
Amazing how these helper coordinators think it's the drivers job to communicate with the helpers.

Give me the same helper every day and I have no problem communicating times with them, but this year they seem to think it's ok to send me a phone number and have me do their job for them. Gtfo

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Amazing how these helper coordinators think it's the drivers job to communicate with the helpers.

Give me the same helper every day and I have no problem communicating times with them, but this year they seem to think it's ok to send me a phone number and have me do their job for them. Gtfo

Same helper? I will absolutely take care of everything.

Different helper? Do your damn job, helper coordinator.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The one day I helped so far this year my PDS gave me a 10am start. Driver called and changed it to 1030. A little later he called again and set a meet for 11am. Eager to work I started stretching and received yet another call for a meet at 1130. Told him if he calls to change my start again I was going to go home and take a nap. He shows up at 1145 and I still couldn't get my foot in the bulkhead door.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Part of the problem is the company restricting helper hours so the driver has to break off twice to pick up they let go.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
call them a few times a day

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just ignored the mandated hours and kept the helper all day.

Never heard a peep about it.

I should have had one today (180 stops) but was told no. GLOD—-they need me to help. I had not planned on taking my meal break but that changed my mind. Full lunch, full break, 1900 eta.

We had 21K today and only rolled 2 trailers.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I just ignored the mandated hours and kept the helper all day.

Never heard a peep about it.

Boy times are a changin'. I had a helper for a whopping 1.97 hrs last year and they threw a fit because I kept her for like and extra half hour while I brought her back to her car.

E

el blanco

I should have had one today (180 stops) but was told no. GLOD—-they need me to help. I had not planned on taking my meal break but that changed my mind. Full lunch, full break, 1900 eta.

We had 21K today and only rolled 2 trailers.

1900?

that cat will be pissed when u get home