2 Late Airs on Saturday - Was told possible warning letter

Haximus

Hey everyone, had some trouble yesterday delivering Saturday airs and trying to get some peace of mind here to enjoy whats left of the weekend.

I am a preloader during the week and a Saturday air driver.

Yesterday, I was delivering a route for my 2nd time that covers a very large area, and I would say this route is the furthest away from our center that we service on Saturdays.
I had 17 stops and 15 of them were 13:30 commits, the other 2 were 12:00 commits.
When I mapped out the route, I didn't factor in the 2 12:00 commits, 1 piece was unforcasted, and being new to the route, I assumed it was a 13:30. The other one, I failed to pay attention to detail and notice that it was a 12:00. I know, stupid on my part. I ended up delivering them after my 13:30 commits, and they were late.
My supervisor didn't really flip out on me, but he did say there is a possibility of a warning letter.

I have recently reviewed my Pittsburgh report and discovered that I have service failures on previous Saturdays, but I know for a fact that these pieces were 1. Someone elses work that I was sent out to pick up and deliver, after management already knew they were late. 2. Around the holidays, we had air brought to our building late and I was asked to cover two different routes. Management knew there were going to be lates, but it still showed up on my Pittsburgh as service failures.

I am wondering where this will leave me If I do get a warning letter. Do I do anything about it? How serious is a warning letter? I have to be honest, these 2 late airs were completely 100% my fault. But these are the only late airs I have had that were actually my work.

I will also mention that I literally just handed in my request to transfer to full time package car driver this past week.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hey everyone, had some trouble yesterday delivering Saturday airs and trying to get some peace of mind here to enjoy whats left of the weekend.

Yesterday, I was delivering a route for my 2nd time that covers a very large area, and I would say this route is the furthest away from our center that we service on Saturdays.
I had 17 stops and 15 of them were 13:30 commits, the other 2 were 12:00 commits.
When I mapped out the route, I didn't factor in the 2 12:00 commits, 1 piece was unforcasted, and being new to the route, I assumed it was a 13:30. The other one, I failed to pay attention to detail and notice that it was a 12:00. I know, stupid on my part. I ended up delivering them after my 13:30 commits, and they were late.
My supervisor didn't really flip out on me, but he did say there is a possibility of a warning letter.

I have recently reviewed my Pittsburgh report and discovered that I have service failures on previous Saturdays, but I know for a fact that these pieces were 1. Someone elses work that I was sent out to pick up and deliver, after management already knew they were late. 2. Around the holidays, we had air brought to our building late and I was asked to cover two different routes. Management knew there were going to be lates, but it still showed up on my Pittsburgh as service failures.

I am wondering where this will leave me If I do get a warning letter. Do I do anything about it? How serious is a warning letter? I have to be honest, these 2 late airs were completely 100% my fault. But these are the only late airs I have had that were actually my work.

I will also mention that I literally just handed in my request to transfer to full time package car driver this past week.
You will get one, but try to grieve it.
While they don't want,them service failures happen. Tell them you will learn from your mistake and tell them you will do your best to not have them in the future.
Nobody is perfect mistakes happen

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
File a grievance.They sent you out in an area that you didnt have the best area knowledge ,with too much work and of course now they blame you for the service failures.
A warning letter is their way of showing thier bosses that they are "solving the problem" and to try and get in your head and rattle your cage
Dont sweat it. IF they give you a Warning Letter file a grievance on it and it will go away. It truly isnt worth the paper it's printed on.

Notretiredyet

Warning letter no big deal, as long as you correct the problem and don't make a habit of late airs. Take the letter and talk with your steward or BA about the circumstances surrounding the incident. You should be going thru all the packages before leaving especially on Saturday when your dispatch is light. You did do one thing right and didn't try to falsify to keep from showing a late air. That would have opened a whole new can of worms which could have led to a discharge.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Especially on Saturdays...worked a few Saturday's and left the building at 945 with a noon commit...had about 35 stops each in a very spread out area...everyone had late air

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Once in a while going through my TP60 in the morning, I will find overnights for somewhere else in the delivery area of my center. Always message them in and more times than not they are still there in the afternoon. They should issue themselves warning letters for not dispatching an air driver to make service on them.

Haximus

Thank you for the replies everybody, I was fearing the worst and was afraid this would be used as ammunition to suspend or fire me. I'm trying very hard to make it to full time, and I hate to have anything bad on my record. I guess I'll have a few beers today and just chill out.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Thank you for the replies everybody, I was fearing the worst and was afraid this would be used as ammunition to suspend or fire me. I'm trying very hard to make it to full time, and I hate to have anything bad on my record. I guess I'll have a few beers today and just chill out.
Don't worry about it at all...nobody is perfect...have 18 beers and a burrito

JL 0513

It can be pretty tricky on Saturday, especially if your center doesn't run EDD on Sat. My center doesn't load EDD because it's only about 6 drivers on a typical Saturday. Basically, the air car arrives and they just separate all the air into piles by town/area with everyone designated that area. You typically end up with 12-17 stops. But there's no actual time estimate built in determining how long it "should" take to deliver those stops as is the case M-friend. There's times when you could be set up with such a wide area that's it's impossible to get it off and if you aren't an expert on the area, you won't know it's impossible until it's too late.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It can be pretty tricky on Saturday, especially if your center doesn't run EDD on Sat. My center doesn't load EDD because it's only about 6 drivers on a typical Saturday. Basically, the air car arrives and they just separate all the air into piles by town/area with everyone designated that area. You typically end up with 12-17 stops. But there's no actual time estimate built in determining how long it "should" take to deliver those stops as is the case M-friend. There's times when you could be set up with such a wide area that's it's impossible to get it off and if you aren't an expert on the area, you won't know it's impossible until it's too late.

What you do then is make sure to get off all of the EAMs and noon commits and then concern yourself with the 1330 and later commits.

By The Book

See where it goes and possibly write a statement that explains the previous late air. Then have your sup initial the statement and attach it to your file.