2 things customers do that stump me

Pimpedoutatjgx

2 things customers do that stump me. 1) why,after leaving a ltr/pgk at the front door, do they come outside as I get back in my truck and ask "does this need a signature?).....2) when tagging a DSR I'm always scratching out the signature block on dtag & circling the "must be present for sig" AND YET STILL they sign on the scratched out area or elsewhere on the tag..... WHY!!!???

PublicWifi

I'm not a fan of the new tags. We went from "signature required" to "signature requested." Apart from that, not a single resi customer reads the tags just as you've pointed out. DSR still results in a note requesting me to leave the package, an angry customer, or the tag signed in a random location.

I always hate it while delivering a package, a customer asks "Well, what is it?" Sometimes I get "Well, if I don't know what it is, I'm not signing for it!"

"How do I sign this? Where do I sign?" - been delivering to this customer for 4 straight years.
"Are you SURE you don't have any other packages for me on your truck?!" *opens rear door, reveals an empty truck* "Yup, I'm sure."

"The package is upside down!" - "Ma'am, it's a pillow."

dezguy

I'm not a fan of the new tags. We went from "signature required" to "signature requested." Apart from that, not a single resi customer reads the tags just as you've pointed out. DSR still results in a note requesting me to leave the package, an angry customer, or the tag signed in a random location.

I always hate it while delivering a package, a customer asks "Well, what is it?" Sometimes I get "Well, if I don't know what it is, I'm not signing for it!"

"How do I sign this? Where do I sign?" - been delivering to this customer for 4 straight years.
"Are you SURE you don't have any other packages for me on your truck?!" *opens rear door, reveals an empty truck* "Yup, I'm sure."

"The package is upside down!" - "Ma'am, it's a pillow."

I love this one. Sometimes, when I'm in a mood I'll say "it's a box..." Had one guy ask me if I was stupid and I told him "ask a stupid question, get a dumb answer." Had a little chat with my manager about that one, the next day. :lol:

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Whenever a customer used to ask me "what is it?" I'd usually reply 'I'm sorry, I was too busy this morning to get around to opening this one' ....I mean honestly

barnyard

KTM rider
I love this one. Sometimes, when I'm in a mood I'll say "it's a box..." Had one guy ask me if I was stupid and I told him "ask a stupid question, get a dumb answer." Had a little chat with my manager about that one, the next day. :lol:

I say, "It is a breath of fresh air, that is pretty much all I deliver."

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
2 things customers do that stump me. 1) why,after leaving a ltr/pgk at the front door, do they come outside as I get back in my truck and ask "does this need a signature?).....2) when tagging a DSR I'm always scratching out the signature block on dtag & circling the "must be present for sig" AND YET STILL they sign on the scratched out area or elsewhere on the tag..... WHY!!!???
I like it when they chase me down the road. I say yes I need a signature, I was just driving around the block to give you time to come to the door.....................

Jayhawk

I've been waiting on that....you wait is over
They told me that would be here at 430...who is they I ask
Your coworker was just here.....that was ground, I'm express
Oh I hate signing these things

Keystone

I loved it when they asked what it was...I always replied, "well, I opened every envelope and package this morning besides yours, I ran out of time before I had to leave, and none of the other packages had anything good in them, so I figured yours didn't either..."

They just looked at me with bewilderment.....

CJinx

"Your competition has no problem getting up my five mile long, been plowed twice since winter started, never sanded and caked with ice driveway."

Express Courier

I love it when you are knocking at the door and you can hear them on the other side of the door and know they are looking through the peephole. I know they are just waiting to see what I'm gonna do. I get the doortag out and grin like an :censored2:. Get the pen out and click it while still grinning. The door comes flying open with the quickness then. lol

vantexan

I always told people that the company frowns on me peeking inside the pkg. Once had a woman on the next block over jump up and down screaming that the pkg I was delivering was her's and that I was at the wrong house. Calmed down when I said I'd be right over with her pkg right after I delivered this one. Literally went from screaming to "Oh". My all time favorite was delivering an AM P1 way out in the country. I was a mile away at 1152 when the recipient, a young Norwegian woman, slammed on her brakes right in front of me and jumped out, running towards me with an infuriated expression, screaming just her last name over and over in a thick accent. "Stavhaug! Stavhaug! Stavhaug! Stavhaug!" Angry because she had waited all morning and looked like an asylum escapee.