25 year anniversary

S

serenity now

25 years ago today I was 21 years old and reported to work for the first time. Wonder what my center did for me today??? <------- yup, nothing. Oh well, at least I collect a paycheck every week!

ups is not a warm and fuzzy place to work

i work hard, and they pay me well / that's where our relationship begins and ends

S

serenity now

I didn't get a thing, not even a mention on my 37th anniversary last October.

scratch
you've been there so long, you have become part of the background scenery :laughing2:
no one alive can remember that center without you there

JackStraw

Congrats on making 25 years. Quite an accomplishment.As for recognition,just look around you in your PCM, they know.

Re-Raise

Congrats on the 25, you should receive a plaque and a gift selection.

They don't give safety gifts anymore, but they do have 20 or 30 items to choose from for the milestone years of service. I tried to pick the most expensive gift and selected a Tourneau watch for my 25th. I looked it up and found it was worth about $130, even though I rarely wear a watch.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Congrats on the 25, you should receive a plaque and a gift selection.

They don't give safety gifts anymore, but they do have 20 or 30 items to choose from for the milestone years of service. I tried to pick the most expensive gift and selected a Tourneau watch for my 25th. I looked it up and found it was worth about $130, even though I rarely wear a watch.

I selected a Haier portable air conditioner which we have used quite often.

outta hours

My 25 year plaque sat in the office for months. One day the dispatcher said can you take this home it's been here for awhile.

Notretiredyet

Had my 35th anniversary w/UPS Thursday, not a word. Looked thru the stack of certificates to see if mine was there, it wasn't. But I did get to work till 830 that nite, that's logistics.

oldupsman

I didn't get a thing, not even a mention on my 37th anniversary last October.
Ahh Scratch. Please get out after this next contract. From your posts you seem like a guy who has it all planned out.
Your life is waiting to be lived. Couple extra bucks ain't worth it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We can retire at 25 any age. I wont be able to afford it but when I hit the 25 year mark at least the option is there just in case the job starts aggravating me. 14 months to go.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I did get the UPS class ring on my 25th, it has some gold in it so that turned out to be a wise choice. My 35th I got a nice looking wood framed plaque, at least it was a little something.