25 year anniversary

happybob

Feeders
It's not the only thing you have been wrong about! :wink2:

Plateau years 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, and above are recognized with a plaque on Founders’ Day (August 28th).
You get the certificate on your actual anniversary date.
I never got one for 20! I hit 25 in one month, wonder if I'll get that one.

wornoutupser

Oh come on!..... I got my 25 year safe driving award 3 weeks before my 26th year! My building is one of the worst.......we do not expect anything in my center...My manager refused to even buy sandwich meat on Christmas Eve for the drivers!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Oh come on!..... I got my 25 year safe driving award 3 weeks before my 26th year! My building is one of the worst.......we do not expect anything in my center...My manager refused to even buy sandwich meat on Christmas Eve for the drivers!

In our area, we long ago stopped looking for sandwich meat. If we get any food, it's because of meeting a safety mark. In our feeder department it doesn't happen very often. Too many accidents from too many rushing drivers. And it is the responsibility of those drivers to avoid accidents, but it is amazing how much denial there is from a management viewpoint regarding the way they push drivers over 5 and 10 minutes here and there. So many of or drivers don't have enough of a backbone to slow down enough to stay safe. Oh well, we try to tell these people that you're only one wreck away from being a Fed-Ex ground contractor. Still doesn't seem to do any good...

pretender

He's waiting to see how the healthcare will play out.

I retired Dec 1st at 39 years (35 full time). We had about a dozen drivers retire this past year, but there are a few who were waiting to see how much of an increase there would be in pension benefits with the new contract. Given the healthcare scare, I don't think that is going to happen...

Limper

Out For Delivery

We got hot dogs and sauerkraut. Do hot dogs qualify as a meat?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a 22.3 (recently retired) who was very upset that his 25th anniversary was not recognized. He became very vocal about it. Mgt heard about it and added his recognition to that of another retiree. That part of the ceremony had an uneasiness about it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We had a 22.3 (recently retired) who was very upset that his 25th anniversary was not recognized. He became very vocal about it. Mgt heard about it and added his recognition to that of another retiree. That part of the ceremony had an uneasiness about it.
They shoulda played it for laughs, maybe given him a gold painted pacifier and a box of Pampers.

Dracula

The most insensitive thing I've ever witnessed at UPS, but not surprising, was a coffee mug given to a fellow driver during a PCM years ago. The reason? He was delivering at an industrial stop when a worker rolled over a forklift and got pinned underneath it. When they got it off the guy, he wasn't breathing. Our driver tried to give the guy mouth to mouth, but the guy died.

As a result of our driver's efforts, our center manager wanted to congratulate the driver...by giving him a UPS coffee mug. We all just stood there, quietly, with our mouths wide open, stunned.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The most insensitive thing I've ever witnessed at UPS, but not surprising, was a coffee mug given to a fellow driver during a PCM years ago. The reason? He was delivering at an industrial stop when a worker rolled over a forklift and got pinned underneath it. When they got it off the guy, he wasn't breathing. Our driver tried to give the guy mouth to mouth, but the guy died.

As a result of our driver's efforts, our center manager wanted to congratulate the driver...by giving him a UPS coffee mug. We all just stood there, quietly, with our mouths wide open, stunned.

What do you think he should have received?

slantnosechevy

What do you think he should have received?

They could've at least given him a $5 plaque for going above and beyond. You can rest assured UPS would've been right there taking credit for one of their employee's heroic actions if the guy would've responded to his CPR. A division mngr. half his age would've been there glad handing everyone and tossing out the usual PR.

Dracula

He didn't need to receive anything. He didn't want anything. It was just the height of tackiness. Maybe our center manager just didn't know any better. She always tried to hard, but come on...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
He didn't need to receive anything. He didn't want anything. It was just the height of tackiness. Maybe our center manager just didn't know any better. She always tried to hard, but come on...

So just recognition.
OK, I got you and I understand that point of view.

A

anonymous6

i've got a gold rolex watch for you ( bought on ebay for 25 bucks )

do you think it's real?