2nd Shift Pay

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Fedex Driver, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Fedex Driver

Fedex Driver Banned

From what I understand 2nd shift is night differential.All us night guys get it on our check except for some of the newer employees.Any reason why we all get it and they dont?

2. DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS Active Member

That was a benefit that they cut out around 2001 or 2002. I know it was after 9/11.

3. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Yep. I have also heard that new hires don't get split-shift pay. It's amazing the way that FedEx nickels and dimes it's people, especially now during a recession where they know they can get away with it. All of that smalll change equals big dollars long-term.

With a union, FedEx couldn't do it unless it was in a contract we agreed to.

4. Fedex Driver

Fedex Driver Banned

I suggested that was the case and got laughed at.

5. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Unless they have changed it back, the split-shift differential has been eliminated for new people. I don't know the cut-off date. Maybe they had to retract the policy.

6. FedEx courier

FedEx courier New Member

It's true, I think it happened about 5 years ago. They cut out 2nd shift pay and split pay.

7. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

As a Courier I still get split pay if I choose they lowered it from 2hr to 1.5 to qualify for split. and Part time couriers could not get a split even if working a full day.
    Oh and I was only hired 2.5 years ago. so its still active for this "new" hire.

8. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

From what I've heard, this applies to people hired within the last year or so, so you wouldn't be "new" enough.