3rd season driving for UPS offered full time.

Steamer

I'm pretty dedicated when it comes to everything. I lost weight from 293lbs photo below to 195lbs in that profile winter 2019 photo to be a UPSer. No joke, I started working out the moment i knew that I was applying for the seasonal job the fall of 2018. Sitting at 205lbs now. About to start cutting again. I bulk sometimes to build muscle. Then cut sometime to lose fat. I have been on a rampage of eating junk lately along with protein to build muscle. I need to stop it. This summer heat plus running all day at UPS should help cut a tad. :clap:

Steamer

Is there a forum post about reading the Daily Package Recap report? I know what the clicks are over and under. But some of the things listed on it I don't know.

ManInBrown

Don't blame it on the PT folks.

There are plenty of FT drivers, that couldn't be bothered.

Only 22% of the member's voted in the "strike authorization" vote.

What did you do.... to try and get out the vote ?

Besides, yack on the radio or your cell phone headset ?

-Bug-
Haven’t spoken on the phone to another driver in months. I don’t yak on the phone like a little girl.

ManInBrown

Is there a forum post about reading the Daily Package Recap report? I know what the clicks are over and under. But some of the things listed on it I don't know.
Don’t worry about that dumb report. Don’t hit anything. Don’t get hurt. Deliver everything. Complete all pick ups. Let them worry about the report from the tooth fairy

Re-Raise

Hell, I will be 53 in a couple of weeks and they are letting me qualify as a cover driver. Plus I am on the full time sheet. Age is only a number and frame of mind. Of course Saturday evenings after a full week I fell 90😂😂
I agree that the job can be done when you are in your 50s.. but once you are in they are stuck with you in your 60s and 70s because you will never hit the years to retire and collect a pension.

If you want to stay that long there is nothing they can do about it after they qualify you

Re-Raise

True. I kind of thought about that. That's why I asked on here. I figured why would they put themselves out until they needed to. Like you said. It's a free period for them to not only test me. But possibly just push me harder for nothing. We shall see. That's why I was wondering if the clock started ticking Canfor 30 days once they mentioned it by union rules. Or if it might just be bs in the end. They have called me off the last 2 days because volume is slow after the 4th. That's fine with me. I'm a team player. I don't need the money. My wife has a great job. And our home, and vehicles are all paid for. No hurry or stress either way. If it works out great. If not okay too. But I do really love the job and will keep doing a good job either way. :-) Safety is #1 in my mind. The rest will fall into place with good methods. I just expect the unexpected as I Y.E.L.L all day long.
What they say means nothing. Management will say anything to make their job easier, and it sounds like you can do the job, so they will dangle whatever carrot they need to in front of you.

When it comes down to actually making the financial commitment of hiring a driver full time...they will drag their feet as long as they can.

Congrats on staying In shape and on your marriage, sucks about your other job.

How long do you think you want to continue doing this?

Indecisi0n

-Bug-
They cried on BC the entire time. Doesn't that count for something?

Steamer

@Steamer

I hope those pictures and your avatar are not of you. It's not smart to post them on here and also against the rules. I recommend deleting them and changing your avatar.

Ah, I didn't know that. I don't think it will let me edit after 30 minutes. I changed my avatar just now. Can someone delete those previous messages?

ManInBrown

-Bug-
Typical union response. For every one FTer not invested in the voting process, there are 50 PTers. I don’t know one feeder driver that doesn’t get involved in voting and educating themselves. It was a BS clause they put in there, And they knew exactly what they were doing when they put it in. What’s the union response, when UPS said they were willing to go back to the bargaining table when it got voted down, and the union said no need? Whats the reasoning for that? Other than to screw us over because the company owns the union?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I agree that the job can be done when you are in your 50s.. but once you are in they are stuck with you in your 60s and 70s because you will never hit the years to retire and collect a pension.

If you want to stay that long there is nothing they can do about it after they qualify you
Depends on where he is. In my local he could retire at 55, it wouldn't be much but he would still get a small pension.