705 Results

bellesotico

BOXstar
Re: Do your job!

you make a lot of assumptions here. people do work different hours and take days off.

Tieguy-

Fair enough and point taken although BD gal went on to make some large assumptions herself.

My post was anger driven I have to admit. I was reacting to the use of "you 705 people" and also to the fact it was yet another anonymous poster.
Pot stirring is just getting really old. Maybe I just need to tune out.

B

BD Gal

Sorry to confuse you

OK so first its..

Then its...

I'll type slow so you can follow along.

1) We are told not to say anything to customers

2) I've lost customers because of the "potential" strike

So in your world unless a customer hears it from me, it never happened. NEWS FLASH: Customers are getting this information from COMPETITORS, TELEVISION NEWS, NEWSPAPERS, and a little thing called....ready?....THE INTERNET

Wow...just...wow

UPS Lifer

Re: FYI

I am not on a soap box, I am making you aware of a position you not have otherwise heard. As for talking down to people, I didn't think I was doing that either and, with respect, the work I do pays everyone's wage. How much more clear can I be? If I don't bring on business, then drivers/handlers have NOTHING, NADA, ZIP to move. ... ...

If you worked for me and I heard you talk like this, you would have either made an attitude adjustment or I would have put you on the front line in a package center or maybe a night hub sort. Yeah! That would work!

You are anonymous for a reason! LOL!

You are a 5 year employee! LOL again!!! You say you are not talking down to me? That you are making a position that I have not heard? LOL!

Get to know who your audience is before you say silly things. Young lady, you are going to have a tough time in the future if you don't!

If you quit tomorrow - UPS would still be here making money and there would be someone else to take your place.

As for UPS - It will be here on August 1, 2008 even if 705 isn't !!!

Get off your soapbox! "How much more clear can I be?"

B

BD Gal - Over and Out

If you worked for me and I heard you talk like this, you would have either made an attitude adjustment or I would have put you on the front line in a package center or maybe a night hub sort. Yeah! That would work!

You are anonymous for a reason! LOL!

You are a 5 year employee! LOL again!!! You say you are not talking down to me? That you are making a position that I have not heard? LOL!

Get to know who your audience is before you say silly things. Young lady, you are going to have a tough time in the future if you don't!

If you quit tomorrow - UPS would still be here making money and there would be someone else to take your place.

As for UPS - It will be here on August 1, 2008 even if 705 isn't !!!

Get off your soapbox! "How much more clear can I be?"

If you worked for me, which could happen, and I heard half the nonsense you're spouting you would be unemployed in under a minute, union or no union. And if you quit tomorrow there would be another replacement in 30 seconds... Did someone say exaggerated sense of importance?

BTW, you could never be my manager and, if you think for one second that BD managers don't feel the same way, you are sadly mistaken. Ask Mr. Venison (if you are in Chicago you know who I mean)... The selfishness of people like you is already hurting the company.

Finally, I do apologize, if you don't recognize that it is US vs. THEM then you have a very, very small circle. Sorry for stating fact but there is little love for the drivers in BD - we may smile during the PCMs but don't mistake that for what it is.

You get the last word...I'm finished.....you may be after Friday as well

bellesotico

BOXstar
Re: Sorry to confuse you

So in your world unless a customer hears it from me, it never happened. NEWS FLASH: Customers are getting this information from COMPETITORS, TELEVISION NEWS, NEWSPAPERS, and a little thing called....ready?....THE INTERNET

Wow...just...wow

How considerate of you to type slower so that I might be able transcribe your weak mechanics. Although your lame idea would be more tangible in a "real time" environment.

I wouldn't expect you to understand what I was referencing when I quoted you, so I won't bother further confusing your narrow mind. I will just continue allowing you to believe you are the almighty "wage provider" and I am just a lowly preloader at your mercy.

Thank you so much for enlightening me on "a little thing called the internet". If it weren't for you, I'm sure I would have never known a thing about it.

WOW....just...WOW....

Leftinbuilding

BDGal reminds me of a new hire in the BD dept at our center. She had been here all of about two months when she gave a PCM in which she berated the drivers for not "stepping up to the plate" and getting her leads. She was talking to people who had busted their butts for 10-25 years. Needless to say, it didn't go over real well. There used to be a saying that I heard quite often: "Our customers love us at their back door (drivers) but hate us at their front door (customer service)". I think BDGal needs to step back and get a little perspective.

And FWIW, I am in no way agreeing with what is going on in Chicago. I am simply responding to BDGals attitude. As you were.......:happy2:

I have the day off so I can do what I want; I've been with the company over 5 yrs and am paying YOUR WAGE with the work I DO...try showing some respect!

You really don't get it, do you? You have no idea how much BD dislikes you guys for stuff like this... YOU need US, get it? Without us GETTING THE BUSINESS, you have NOTHING to move.

Call me a troll, I don't care. What I DO care about is that you are affecting UPS and my paycheck which is nowhere near what you get paid. Do your job and quit whining about 10 sick days a year!

Hey sweetheart,since you pay my wage,I need to talk to you about those two hours I got shorted last week. I`m sure it was a simple mistake so if you could just cut that check I`d appreciate it. You see we`re having a cook out this Friday and I wanted to pick up some brats.

Also if you give me a return address I`ll overnight you a box of Kleenex to dry your tears.

tieguy

Banned

You see we`re having a cook out this Friday and I wanted to pick up some brats.

Also if you give me a return address I`ll overnight you a box of Kleenex to dry your tears.

Its post like these that give me the impression you 705ers want a strike no matter what is offered.

Mike Hawk

I am not on a soap box, I am making you aware of a position you not have otherwise heard. As for talking down to people, I didn't think I was doing that either and, with respect, the work I do pays everyone's wage. How much more clear can I be? If I don't bring on business, then drivers/handlers have NOTHING, NADA, ZIP to move.

The talking points are BS; they told us not to say anything to customers and I have already lost three customers because of this issue - 1) they are wizzed off that nobody from UPS gave them a heads up (FedEx did!) and 2) they don't have to deal with this since FedEx is killing us on service and transit across the country. One guy even told me "you're lucky FedEx wasn't in the position in '97 that they are today...you guys would have never touched a package in 11 years"....now their business is gone.

If my displeasure seems misplaced then perhaps the union needs to look at the BIG PICTURE rather than petty demands...

BTW, BD management is every bit as big of @# as they are in the center so don't tell me I don't know what it's like.
I have news for you, you don't pay 400,000+ peoples wages with your work, they pay for your wages with their work.

drewed

Shankman
This is one of those issues i try not to take a side on. I think we need everyone doing the best job they can to be successfull.

like ive said before every job is as important as the next from CEO to the newest unloader, pilots, managers, fls, bd, admins, drivers, feeders, we all are kogs in this great big brown machine

UPS Lifer

Originally posted by BD Gal - Finally, I do apologize, if you don't recognize that it is US vs. THEM then you have a very, very small circle. Sorry for stating fact but there is little love for the drivers in BD - we may smile during the PCMs but don't mistake that for what it is.

You didn't get to know your audience did you?

I will have the last laugh ... ON YOU! The reason you would have never worked for me is your attitude. I would not stand for your "us vs them" temper!

As for the statement I may be finished on Friday - I don't "work" anymore. I care about UPS because I want to ... not because I have to and am worried that it affects my paycheck (like you stated in an earlier post)!

You may think I am on your case because I am a driver .... and you would be wrong again. This is what happens when someone like you has a narrow focus on what is real.

My guess is your attitude or negative energy is soaked up by your customers and this is why you are constantly getting the type of feedback you are getting. (This is where you are to really listen and make a change in the way you approach your customers) and if there really is little love in BD for drivers in Chicago than your manager needs to be replaced also! Show him your posts ... see if he agrees with you!

Chicago is my home town. I was born there and I love the city and the people dearly! But this one time, for you, I will make an exception!!!

OH! I will also bet my yearly income that I worked at UPS longer than you have been here on earth! Care to wager?

Of course.... I am not sure if trolls are even of this earth???

Bloodybrown

Originally posted by BD Gal - Finally, I do apologize, if you don't recognize that it is US vs. THEM then you have a very, very small circle. Sorry for stating fact but there is little love for the drivers in BD - we may smile during the PCMs but don't mistake that for what it is.

You didn't get to know your audience did you?
I will have the last laugh ... ON YOU! The reason you would have never worked for me is your attitude. I would not stand for your "us vs them" temper!

As for the statement I may be finished on Friday - I don't "work" anymore. I care about UPS because I want to ... not because I have to and am worried that it affects my paycheck (like you stated in an earlier post)!

You may think I am on your case because I am a driver .... and you would be wrong again. This is what happens when someone like you has a narrow focus on what is real.

My guess is your attitude or negative energy is soaked up by your customers and this is why you are constantly getting the type of feedback you are getting. (This is where you are to really listen and make a change in the way you approach your customers) and if there really is little love in BD for drivers in Chicago than your manager needs to be replaced also! Show him your posts ... see if he agrees with you!

Chicago is my home town. I was born there and I love the city and the people dearly! But this one time, for you, I will make an exception!!!

OH! I will also bet my yearly income that I worked at UPS longer than you have been here on earth! Care to wager?

Of course.... I am not sure if trolls are even of this earth???

Very well stated !!..........your right on ! !......BD gal you need an attitude adjustment ! !

UPS Lifer

This is one of those issues i try not to take a side on. I think we need everyone doing the best job they can to be successfull.

Boy! If these are not words to live (or work) by .... Great post Tie!

Greed and Power are nothing more than 4 letter words. Keep these two words out of the equation and much can be accomplished in any earthly forum including business and contract negotiations.

Is it realistic? No! ... But if we all stay conscious of this fact, we will make strides in the right direction.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Re: Sorry to confuse you

Just so you know, you 705 people are making it harder to do our jobs... For every minute you spend "negotiating" I have to do 10 minutes explaining to a customer why they should continue to use us.

Now we know that you are misspeaking! How many drivers on this site alone complain that they never see or hear from their bd rep? Secondly they reason alot of customers use us is bevause of the relationship that they have with us their drivers.

BD is hard enough as it is...quit making it harder and do the job you were hired for!

I have the day off so I can do what I want; I've been with the company over 5 yrs and am paying YOUR WAGE with the work I DO...try showing some respect!

Thats another lie! We the drivers pay your wage! we turn in the sales leads, pick up their packages and deliver their packages so you cash your check because of the hard work that we the hourly employees provide!

5 Whole years? Wow its amazing, i spent that working ptime to get to were i am.
You really don't get it, do you? You have no idea how much BD dislikes you guys for stuff like this... YOU need US, get it? Without us GETTING THE BUSINESS, you have NOTHING to move.

Do you have any idea that we dont care for you in bd. Everytime we deliver to a starbucks there you are sipping on a latte eating a biscuit talking about how hard it is to get new customers. You wont find them at the local coffee shop!
Call me a troll, I don't care. What I DO care about is that you are affecting UPS and my paycheck which is nowhere near what you get paid. Do your job and quit whining about 10 sick days a year!

Maybe if you walk into a warehouse and introduce yourself and then talk to the customer with some business sense you might find a new customer and your paycheck might grow a little.
I am not on a soap box, I am making you aware of a position you not have otherwise heard. As for talking down to people, I didn't think I was doing that either and, with respect, the work I do pays everyone's wage. How much more clear can I be? If I don't bring on business, then drivers/handlers have NOTHING, NADA, ZIP to move.

The talking points are BS; they told us not to say anything to customers and I have already lost three customers because of this issue - 1) they are wizzed off that nobody from UPS gave them a heads up (FedEx did!) and 2) they don't have to deal with this since FedEx is killing us on service and transit across the country. One guy even told me "you're lucky FedEx wasn't in the position in '97 that they are today...you guys would have never touched a package in 11 years"....now their business is gone.

If my displeasure seems misplaced then perhaps the union needs to look at the BIG PICTURE rather than petty demands...

BTW, BD management is every bit as big of @# as they are in the center so don't tell me I don't know what it's like.

Wow...just...wow

If you were able to read then you would see we were concerned with job protection and language not wages. If ups could teach us the rates then we could talk to thecustomers and there would be no need for you.

We turn in a sales lead than someone from pakistan that just learned how to speak english through one of those rosseta stone language videos screws it up or passes it on to a bd rep who then screws it up because they go out there without talking to the driver to see what the issues are.

Enjoy your latte today and try and get in to see some of your customers every now and then!