705?

dillweed

I came in here to see how negotiatioins were going with our close friends at Local 705. Sucked to see another thread gone to squabble and name calling.

We in 710 are also trying to keep well informed. Our rep is on the committee and we're getting some firsthand information that certainly sounds like a typical UPS game.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Now your putting words in my mouth.

My point has been when the union feeds you that propaganda they actually treat you like stupid union employees.

For some reason you guys like to play up the stupid union employees concept from the company but you turn a blind eye to the union treating you the same way.

Look at reds post again. Its a wonderful compilation of lies and half truths meant to sell the proper message that the company is reluctantly negotiating while the union is eager to get it done.

Contract talks are important times for the union. They skillfully market the events to make it look like they are beating the company into submission. The union uses the same tired dialogue each time these talks go on. yet here again Red and others act surprised when I challenge them on the marketing BS they post.

Cachsux you seemed like you were pretty honest in the past. Perhaps you can be the one to stand up for integrity and agree that its all a bunch of BS being posted by Red?

Tie unless you are able to point out "My lies and half truths" you should step aside and allow chicago area upsers management and hourly to discuss this.

I never saw you speak of propoganda when the national contract was underway. Is it because you knew you would get what ups wanted?

This is my last response to you unless you prove i have mislead or lied, because it is only taking away from all like dillweed who came to this thread to see how the talks were going and once again you have attempted to derail another thread from its intended purpose.

drewed

Shankman
And that shows that you really don't read my posts here. Or it shows you're being a good goon and spreading more misinformation:happy-very:

Tie you're my hero :)
you should run for president, id vote for you!
better yet!
tieguy/drewed in '08!

any takers?

tieguy

Banned
Tie unless you are able to point out "My lies and half truths" you should step aside and allow chicago area upsers management and hourly to discuss this.

I never saw you speak of propoganda when the national contract was underway. Is it because you knew you would get what ups wanted?

This is my last response to you unless you prove i have mislead or lied, because it is only taking away from all like dillweed who came to this thread to see how the talks were going and once again you have attempted to derail another thread from its intended purpose.

Red , I already pointed them out which you know. Play stupid for the crowd if you must but you and I know what you're doing.

I had to do a little research but I found out that I am not a goon. technically I am a crony. Sorry Tie, if I were a goon we would be having a three way discussion between you,me,and a lead pipe. As a crony I am considered,by definition,a long standing friend or associate.

If you have some actual facts that the local,or steward representatives,are lying. That the company is negotiating in good faith. By all mean post your facts. I`ve been in this local,worked for this company,for twenty plus years and the game playing from the UPS negotiating group is right in line,by past history,with their track record in the past. The local has gone so far as to post not only their proposals but the company's as well. It`s hard to call it propaganda when it`s out in the open for everyone to see.

Look forward to seeing you in August. I`ll leave my map book to the rail yards in the tractor so you don`t get lost.

drewed

Shankman
I had to do a little research but I found out that I am not a goon. technically I am a crony. Sorry Tie, if I were a goon we would be having a three way discussion between you,me,and a lead pipe. As a crony I am considered,by definition,a long standing friend or associate.

If you have some actual facts that the local,or steward representatives,are lying. That the company is negotiating in good faith. By all mean post your facts. I`ve been in this local,worked for this company,for twenty plus years and the game playing from the UPS negotiating group is right in line,by past history,with their track record in the past. The local has gone so far as to post not only their proposals but the company's as well. It`s hard to call it propaganda when it`s out in the open for everyone to see.

Look forward to seeing you in August. I`ll leave my map book to the rail yards in the tractor so you don`t get lost.

I dont know the details of your negotiations but I believe both sides could be guilty of making their side look honroable and the other look like a barbarian that wants to rape and pillage you and your family. UPS has two goals when it comes to negotiations continue work and do it profitabily. The teamster have one goal, get the best deal possible. Ive seen in some locals that the BAs dont always have the employees best interest in mind tho

brownman15

I dont know the details of your negotiations but I believe both sides could be guilty of making their side look honroable and the other look like a barbarian that wants to rape and pillage you and your family. UPS has two goals when it comes to negotiations continue work and do it profitabily. The teamster have one goal, get the best deal possible. Ive seen in some locals that the BAs dont always have the employees best interest in mind tho

maybe in other locals. here in 705 the employees come first

Feel free to look and decide for yourself.

http://www.teamsterslocal705.org/UPS Negotiations.htm

705red

Browncafe Steward
The deal the company wants right now does not include any economics, no raises, no medical, no vacations would you except this great deal? This proposal is actually worse than the national and we wont except it. We have been talking for a month and agreed to some language changes, now we have 3 weeks to debate over the hard stuff. You dont have to be an bad math ie major to see that it does not look good.

This local has the members best interest at hand. this is were we bump heads, for years the previous administration worked very closely with management,too close.

I have not blown anything out of content in any of my posts. The reason im posting is because i dont want a work stoppage. Atlanta reads these boards and is aware of the climate down here between us (union and ups). If they dont kick their side in the rear it could lead to the above mentioned strike. The members will decide, they have been informed 100% since our pre contract meetings started last year.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I wasnt trying to accuse of otherwise but, part of your best interest is keeping you working.
And getting you the best contract they can. We work very hard to service our customers and alot of management people cash their checks off of our back breaking work and we deserve a fair contract. Ptimers deserve more than 8,50 an hour, why cant feeder drivers ask for an 8 hour day or join the 9.5 list? Howcome 22.3s cant bid right into feeder or package car bid down to 22.3s. None of these are unreasonable so whats the delay?

Mike Hawk

And that shows that you really don't read my posts here. Or it shows you're being a good goon and spreading more misinformation:happy-very:

I have not been here long, but I rarely see you criticize management for unethical practices, but the minute someone puts pro union posts up you are on it like a fat kid on candy. Your presence in this thread ragging on 705Red just supports the previous statement. He posts some facts(if they weren't I think you would have disputed them with FACTS of your own) about his contract negotiations and you get on his case for propaganda.

tieguy

Banned
I have not been here long, but I rarely see you criticize management for unethical practices, but the minute someone puts pro union posts up you are on it like a fat kid on candy. Your presence in this thread ragging on 705Red just supports the previous statement. He posts some facts(if they weren't I think you would have disputed them with FACTS of your own) about his contract negotiations and you get on his case for propaganda.

yep mike thats the way it goes. You folks suck down all the BS propaganda while you tell me I have a problem with the truth. I'll write you off as another lost soul that can't think for himself.:happy-very:

brownman15

yep mike thats the way it goes. You folks suck down all the BS propaganda while you tell me I have a problem with the truth. I'll write you off as another lost soul that can't think for himself.:happy-very:

name the bs propaganda you keep talking about. show us some REAL facts or maybe you are the bs propaganda

Mike Hawk

The information he posted is accurate to my knowledge, it has yet to be refuted so I will treat it as fact, not propaganda.

You are the only one calling it propaganda, if it really was then wouldn't the rest of the non-goon BC community agree with you? Maybe we are all goons for believing some facts that Red posted, shame on everyone but Tie for being a goon that can't think for themselves.

tieguy

Banned
The information he posted is accurate to my knowledge, it has yet to be refuted so I will treat it as fact, not propaganda.

You are the only one calling it propaganda, if it really was then wouldn't the rest of the non-goon BC community agree with you? Maybe we are all goons for believing some facts that Red posted, shame on everyone but Tie for being a goon that can't think for themselves.

you poor soul. I feel for you. Even a blind man could see the BS in what he posted. But you're so insecure with your own existence that you desperately try to tell me Bullcrap looks and smells like gold. I the management lackey am much more the free thinker then you will ever be.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

And getting you the best contract they can. We work very hard to service our customers and alot of management people cash their checks off of our back breaking work and we deserve a fair contract. Ptimers deserve more than 8,50 an hour, why cant feeder drivers ask for an 8 hour day or join the 9.5 list? Howcome 22.3s cant bid right into feeder or package car bid down to 22.3s. None of these are unreasonable so whats the delay?

The reasoning on the last couple; they cannot as easily discipline/fire you if you're a nomad switching jobs and buildings often. this came straight from the horses mouth. There's other reasons too obviously, paperwork, break-in period, training, etc