710, 705?

710 steward

CACH

In theory you are right. Hoffa will never allow us to strike. Right now this mess is all on Pat. He did NOTHING since the no vote took place except collect around $10 grand a week. There was no 72 hour strike notice even to bluff. What he did do was blame the company and sat on his hands. I am beyond angry at what Phat Pat left us. I am not going to pretend to know what will happen but strike isn't even an option with Hoffa making the final decisions.

slantnosechevy

CACH

In theory you are right. Hoffa will never allow us to strike. Right now this mess is all on Pat. He did NOTHING since the no vote took place except collect around $10 grand a week. There was no 72 hour strike notice even to bluff. What he did do was blame the company and sat on his hands. I am beyond angry at what Phat Pat left us. I am not going to pretend to know what will happen but strike isn't even an option with Hoffa making the final decisions.

For once I agree with you on most. Several of the negotiators have stated that proposals were presented to the company and negotiations recessed so the company could have the bean counters go over them. After a few weeks negotiations should have resumed. They said Flynn told them that we're just waiting for the company which we all know now was BS. Flynn obviously knew the IRB was coming. He might of even known the company rejected the proposals. Now these guys go back to the table with 5 less members and Coli as head negotiator for the Union. The guys left are not the problem by any stretch.....They're all good stewards and vocal........it's Coli. If Hoffa stopped dead in his tracks you'd have to surgically remove Coli's nose from Hoffa's arse.

710 steward

For once I agree with you on most. Several of the negotiators have stated that proposals were presented to the company and negotiations recessed so the company could have the bean counters go over them. After a few weeks negotiations should have resumed. They said Flynn told them that we're just waiting for the company which we all know now was BS. Flynn obviously knew the IRB was coming. He might of even known the company rejected the proposals. Now these guys go back to the table with 5 less members and Coli as head negotiator for the Union. The guys left are not the problem by any stretch.....They're all good stewards and vocal........it's Coli. If Hoffa stopped dead in his tracks you'd have to surgically remove Coli's nose from Hoffa's arse.

That makes your hero the biggest loser in the history of my 20+ years as a member of 710. A real man steps aside for the best interest of the membership. Your hero showed up for the check. A real leader negotiates in good faith. Your hero didn't care about anything but himself and now we all have to deal with his laziness for 4 more years. Goodbye to all of them. They all lost the best jobs they'll ever have and will never get them back.

Slant, because I like you if Flynn dropped over dead today I'd chip in with a couple dollars so you could get your nose surgically removed from Flynn's arse.

Ron Carey lives on

I wouldn't say 710,705 are alone. Its up to is to stick behind the members. 710' s no vote was awesome, research the numbers. They were voting with us. We shouldn't leave them hanging cause of crook like pat.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown Now

I've heard rumors 710 will be forced into the national contract just like 89.
X2
International got pissed off with 705/710 in regards to the NMFA and took away their white paper contracts that had been in place for years.

Hoffas way or the highway. If daddy were still around he'd slap junior.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
X2
International got pissed off with 705/710 in regards to the NMFA and took away their white paper contracts that had been in place for years.

Hoffas way or the highway. If daddy were still around he'd slap junior.
If daddy were around he'd whack jr.

710/705 did not vote on the national. I don't see how they can be forced in without a complete revote. If you add the 710/705 votes to the national it likely would of been voted down.

If daddy were around he'd whack jr.

710/705 did not vote on the national. I don't see how they can be forced in without a complete revote. If you add the 710/705 votes to the national it likely would of been voted down.

Even the mechanics local 701 voted it down by a huge margin.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I wouldn't say 710,705 are alone. Its up to is to stick behind the members. 710' s no vote was awesome, research the numbers. They were voting with us. We shouldn't leave them hanging cause of crook like pat.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I said that 705 was alone because, being in trusteeship, Hoffa will not let 710 strike. So if 705 strikes, they are the lone wolf. I agree that we will support them, but they will get no support from Hoffa and the IBT.

And do you honestly believe that Hoffa will let one local, no matter how many packages go through it, strike?

Sent using BrownCafe App

jpf75

I asked my ba if they were going to force the contract on us. he said he didn't know..i think ups new the whole time, that's why they were done!!! the last time I remember the union works for us we don't work for them. everybody in 710 should be calling the hall every day voicing there opinion!! but u have members that will sit around and bitch about it, but they wont do anything about it!!!

Brownslave688

I really wish someone with more knowledge of how all this works could tell us if 710 can actually be forced into the national.

I don't see how they can. They didn't vote on the national and if they did they would of voted no big time. Meaning with their votes there's a good chance the whole national goes down in flames.

slantnosechevy

Slant, because I like you if Flynn dropped over dead today I'd chip in with a couple dollars so you could get your nose surgically removed from Flynn's arse.

hahahaha You love to make things so personal.
How much would it cost me to have your head removed from yours? Or better yet...shoved farther up inside? I know people in your building who would do it for free. lol

For the record Flynn's not my hero. The only heroes I know of died on battlefields fighting for their country. Have any friends or relatives buried at Arlington? I do. Or how about the ones who save peoples lives on a daily basis whether in a fire truck, squad car, or an ambulance. Things you know nothing about. He was the Sect/Tres. and principal officer of our local. I respected his title. They teach you to respect the rank not the person in the military. He was voted in on a white paper ballot. If you knew he was this dirty why didn't you run against him? Why didn't you spare all of us this hardship? Simple....you had no clue either. So get off your fencepost and throw your hat in the ring. We're all expecting to see your name on a ballot in 18 months running for Sect/Tres. If we don't we'll know you're just another drama queen biotch who likes to mouth off on the computer.

slantnosechevy

I really wish someone with more knowledge of how all this works could tell us if 710 can actually be forced into the national.

I don't see how they can. They didn't vote on the national and if they did they would of voted no big time. Meaning with their votes there's a good chance the whole national goes down in flames.

They can't be forced into the Nat'l but Coli and Hoffa can force 710 into taking the agreement that was voted down. It just depends on how fast the company wants this settled. 705 is having trouble putting a respectable committee together. They've even tossed around going outside for one. They were counting on 710 to do the work for them.

Brownslave688

They can't be forced into the Nat'l but Coli and Hoffa can force 710 into taking the agreement that was voted down. It just depends on how fast the company wants this settled. 705 is having trouble putting a respectable committee together. They've even tossed around going outside for one. They were counting on 710 to do the work for them.
How can they force a contract that was voted down 2 to 1?

710 steward

hahahaha You love to make things so personal.
How much would it cost me to have your head removed from yours? Or better yet...shoved farther up inside? I know people in your building who would do it for free. lol

For the record Flynn's not my hero. The only heroes I know of died on battlefields fighting for their country. Have any friends or relatives buried at Arlington? I do. Or how about the ones who save peoples lives on a daily basis whether in a fire truck, squad car, or an ambulance. Things you know nothing about. He was the Sect/Tres. and principal officer of our local. I respected his title. They teach you to respect the rank not the person in the military. He was voted in on a white paper ballot. If you knew he was this dirty why didn't you run against him? Why didn't you spare all of us this hardship? Simple....you had no clue either. So get off your fencepost and throw your hat in the ring. We're all expecting to see your name on a ballot in 18 months running for Sect/Tres. If we don't we'll know you're just another drama queen biotch who likes to mouth off on the computer.

You have no idea who I am or what building I work out of. The fact remains "follower", things seemed ok until about three years ago and then you could see the problems.

That is the second time you would physically "try" to harm me given the chance. GROW UP and try to be a man. Cave man tactics and bullying only work for the weak and only the weak minded resort to them.

Who's to say I haven't been asked to run? Whether you'll ever believe it or not I have. More times than you'll ever know. That is a very personal decision that would affect my family. They come first. When I see wrong I speak up. You'd have to be blind to believe all was well in 710 for some time. You see Slant, I have no idea who you are and believe it or not I could care less but I figured you out forever ago. You thought you were connected. You were buddies with someone who got walked out. You thought there was a chance you'd be standing up the wall once a month during our meetings. You dreamt of becoming of part of Pat's group and now your dream is over. He was your hero, your rock star, your idol and now he is nothing more than a common thief. Where does this leave you? Looking for a new group to follow because you are a follower.

710 steward

How can they force a contract that was voted down 2 to 1?

I talked with a labor attorney and a general practice one as well and it can be forced by the IRB. This is now an emergency situation and Hoffa has the right make decisions to restore normalcy to 710. Now will he choose to do it??? That's the million dollar question. Hall needs Illinois to take the General President election. That's tough to do if you piss off 14+ thousand in one local along with the UPS Teamsters all over the country.

As far as Slants remaining answer, the rest is all BS. 705 has qualified individuals. They wanted to be last and now they will go ahead of us. They haven't even had a proposal to vote on yet. Pat loved to take shots at 705 every chance he could. 705 has an executive board and 710 does not. 705 will be just fine when it's all said and done.

Brown Now

I came from freight. They (The International)took away our white paper and forced us into the national master freight agreement. Ask any 705/710 freight guy. They'll tell you they're part of the national now. White paper was taken away.

Sent using BrownCafe App

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I came from freight. They (The International)took away our white paper and forced us into the national master freight agreement. Ask any 705/710 freight guy. They'll tell you they're part of the national now. White paper was taken away.

Sent using BrownCafe App
^^^^ This.
All the Chicago area Locals, IIRC. Like 5 altogether?179, 301, 673 too, right?

sent by your brother Teamster