710, 705?

Ron Carey lives on

Stick together 710 rank and file. Petitions to ibt, concerning contract, your vote got the ibt s attention. A large local like yours can be heard nationwide. Mobilise

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

When a local claims jurisdiction it is abosutely depending on the ibt politics. I can definitely see 215 ( local president Charles whobrey, and current head trustee of teamcare) going after Indiana teamsters, with jr 's consent

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

710 there is an opportunity in this debacle. Take the numbers, you had voting the contract down. Get a reform slate in, and support the " take back our union" slate for ibt General Executive Board

Sent using BrownCafe App

jpf75

my ba told me last night that contract will go out for vote in a month. he said if its voted down they will force it on us!!!!

scisector9

my ba told me last night that contract will go out for vote in a month. he said if its voted down they will force it on us!!!!

Did the ba hint at any changes from the last proposal or is it the exact same as what we voted down before?

Sent using BrownCafe App

710 steward

It could be a scare tactic to sway people into a yes. Time will tell.

If it is true and the contract is forced by the IBT, blame Flynn, Sweeney, Pauli, and Decola. This brain trust decided to lie, cheat, and steal us into trusteeship. Now we play by a whole different set of rules. Every bit of this falls on their shoulders. On a different social media site some are petitioning for Pauli to be re - instated because he was "their" BA and they don't care about any wrong doing he may have known was happening. He didn't participate, he just turned the blind eye to it and said nothing. Now there is leadership. Let's follow the follower. The sad truth is all we can do for now is watch. The trusteeship is calling the shots. Thanks Pat you fat puck.

Last edited:

upschuck

he said no changes. but the way he talked if we vote it down again we will be forced into the national contract..
What supplement would you be under? Under what authority would this be done? impasse authority?

Honest question here...Would that be a bad thing other than the imposing the contract thing which is? I don't know anything about your contract, what do you have in that separate contract that we don't have?

jpf75

I guess they met yesterday to talk about what they are going to do. he said they didn't know when they were going to send it out!!!

710 steward

I guess they met yesterday to talk about what they are going to do. he said they didn't know when they were going to send it out!!!

I too talked to a couple of personnel at the hall today. What I was told was they have yet to meet with the company but will in a couple if weeks. It appears that we have conflicting information. The rumors are going to fly and we cannot control that.

710 steward

well my info came strait from the ba him self!!!!

jpf,

I don't doubt for one second what you are saying is true. I am only saying I talked with two separate BA's the other day and that is what they told me. In all honesty I don't think anyone has any idea what is really going to happen. Everything is up to the IBT right now.

At 710 we have do much more going on than just UPS negotiations. We have a gaping hole in leadership and a great deal of unaccounted for in money. We have two union halls that both have upkeep. Pat Flynn left us a mess. In some ways the UPS contract is a minor issue for 710 as a whole. These guys have more on their plate than just the UPS contract.

Ron Carey lives on

710 is not a supplement. How can a separate contract be forced into a National Master. Especially when the separate contract has a different pension plan

Sent using BrownCafe App

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
710 is not a supplement. How can a separate contract be forced into a National Master. Especially when the separate contract has a different pension plan

Sent using BrownCafe App
It's already been done before. 4 (or 5) Chicago area Locals (including 710 & 705) that had their own white paper contracts with TMI were moved into the Central States supplement to the NMFA. It happened about 2008 or 2009. That's what they got for voting no, to concessions.
The authority to do so is in the IBT constitution, somewhere.