710, 705?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
White paper?
White Paper Contracts are non National Master Agreements. For example Coca-Cola, Budweiser, Dairy, Grocery etc are not on NMAs. They are done by regions. In Southern California the grocery and Coca-Cola contracts are negotiated by Joint Council 42 and therefore White Paper Contracts.

UPS, ABF, YRC and UPS Freight are on National Master Agreements.

Brown Now

In Chicago we had our own contract that was separate from the national. We called it a white paper agreement. The international would tackle the national and then once that was done,705/710 would bargain their own contract. It was similar,but we had provisions for rail and customer work rules etc. 705 was city/shuttle drivers and 710 covered road drivers and dock workers. We were separate. Once you got out to the suburbs, that would become locals179 and 673. Those unions were combination barns. All road/city and dock guys were all the same local in those respective terminals. They weren't big fans of the 705/710 guys because we had better work rules and breaks etc. When the economy went south and our contract was up for renewal,we (705/710) were playing hardball with the company and the international came in and forced us in to the national contract. Hoffa sucks!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown Now

I really wish someone with more knowledge of how all this works could tell us if 710 can actually be forced into the national.

I don't see how they can. They didn't vote on the national and if they did they would of voted no big time. Meaning with their votes there's a good chance the whole national goes down in flames.
Trust me. The international forced us in to the national and took away our white paper agreement. 705/710 freight guys are now in the NMFA. Hoffa's a real piece.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown Now

This was all political. Hoffa does not like Flynn. Even though Flynn worked for the international under Hoffa, he left on bad terms. I'm pretty close with someone in the know and he told me along time ago it was only a matter of time before Hoffa finds something to ouster Flynn. This has been in the making years ago and Hoffa finally nailed him. Don't get me wrong, if the allegations are true then screw Flynn. It's embarrassing as a teamster to see this crap still going on. I'm not here to see the local using my dues money and any other money UPS sends their way in my name so they can pull this crap. If allegations are true,than screw em. This was all perfectly timed. Hoffa's got us (710) by the sack. Sorry 705, you're on your own.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Brown now, is this official? There will be no more votes on 710 contract? You guys really voted it down, with a lot of participation. Is this part of the IBT constitution change?

Sent using BrownCafe App

slantnosechevy

Isn't 710 's bylaws available to members, you guys have a major fight. Do have the official no vote numbers?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Yes they are available. Most seasoned stewards have copies.
6,067 ballots were sent out. Only 2,536 were cast. 1,827 voted no. 690 voted yes. 19 spoiled.
According to Coli, the Contract is #1 priority. Sure it is but when? Still no dates set to resume. Coli is in way over his head. He's just a politician. He knows nothing about UPS let alone a local the size of 710. He's turned all UPS affairs over to the remaining UPS agent to handle, but plans change every day. The agent has replacement agents picked to fill in on an interim basis but there's in fighting amongst the IBT on filling the those jobs. The IBT underestimated the size of the area 710 covers. Hoffa wants IBT people filling in but they can't man the job and still do their respective jobs. This is why I look for Hoffa to try and reduce the size of 710 and let smaller locals enforce jurisdictional rights. Especially on the Indiana side. Local 42, 364, 414, and 215 would benefit. It might not happen right away but the seed is planted. The IBT tried this twice in the past but because it was a Hoffa Sr. and Jr. friendly local at those times they let it go. This local hates Hoffa for the most part and he knows it. Hoffa wants to return to the Presser days of appointing the Gen.Pres. He knows Hall stands a good chance of getting beat.

Brown Now

Brown now, is this official? There will be no more votes on 710 contract? You guys really voted it down, with a lot of participation. Is this part of the IBT constitution change?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I'm in the dark on this. I don't know what's going to happen with our contract or vote. I did talk to my steward the other day and he said so far one of the officers has been cleared and is back at the hall. Doesn't know what's going to happen with the others. I'm telling you, this is all about Flynn. I don't even know why. My buddy just told me years ago that Flynn was no longer with the international and that there was some kind of disagreement between Flynn and Jr. Jr's probably pissed that we haven't settled yet. Probably blaming it on Flynn. Either way Jr has been gunning for him. Now he has his ammo.

As for our relationship with the company. It doesn't seem like anything is out of the ordinary. It's business as usual.

Sent using BrownCafe App