710, 705?

Ron Carey lives on

You misunderstood what I said. 710 has always had an independently negotiated pension, along with a separate contract (white paper). Example: 804 supplement=4000 a month. Central states= 3400. My point being 710 is an autonomy local, their benefits negotiated separately. Unless the IBT changes constitution as they have been known to do

Sent using BrownCafe App

jpf75

it seem like any more they will do want they want anyway.. Hoffa knows whats best for us.. im not going to drink his kool aid!!! every time u talk to them they tell u something different.

jpf75

now this is just what I heard.. I was told we will be forced into the contracted soon. because they know it will get voted down...

Avalon

Avalon
Frankly I think Hoffa would be an idiot to force 710 into the national. We have enough votes to change the outcome of an election. If we were voting on the master the contract would probably still not be passed.
If I were Hoffa I would e glad 710/705/ has an independent deal free of the master and I would want to keep it that way.
Just my thought

slantnosechevy

Frankly I think Hoffa would be an idiot to force 710 into the national. We have enough votes to change the outcome of an election. If we were voting on the master the contract would probably still not be passed.
If I were Hoffa I would e glad 710/705/ has an independent deal free of the master and I would want to keep it that way.
Just my thought

Hoffa has shown he can be an idiot. On the local scene this guy has surrounded himself with guys like Hogan, Paso, and now Coli. If 710/705 were in the master then the master would've been shoved down their throat even if it was voted down.
710 wont be forced into the master, but it could be forced to take the last offer that was voted down by 710.

All E-Board members and trustees have been formally charged now by the IRB including a former trustee and the one board member who was allowed to return.

Many think 710 will be split up, so some could end up in that very NMA. Coli gets a commission on members in Joint Council 25 much like 710 officers received for how many members they had. It remains to be seen if he will give some of that $$ up. Right now he has another problem. The IRB is investigating his girlfriend who runs LU#700.

Ron Carey lives on

Im sure hoffa can change the ibt constitution to suit his political needs. I just hate it for my 710 brothers and sisters. Stick together, you have the numbers to change things

Sent using BrownCafe App

710 steward

Im sure hoffa can change the ibt constitution to suit his political needs. I just hate it for my 710 brothers and sisters. Stick together, you have the numbers to change things

Sent using BrownCafe App

We did, and our former leadership used union funds as their own personal slush fund. Now we are at the mercy if the IBT. It's nobody's fault but theirs if we are forced into the original handshake. Sure Hoffa could allow another vote but how does he explain how he allowed a better negotiated deal for less people? An honest person makes 500 to oversee 710. A dishonest one leaves with others money and a total operating mess. 710 has other problems than just a a UPS contract to focus on. Sad but true

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

A statement, from a person.... who has never been "elected" to serve in any position.

It's nobody's fault but theirs if we are forced into the original handshake.

If you want to place blame....

Put it on the members that didn't vote.

-Bug-

710 steward

If you want to place blame....

Put it on the members that didn't vote.

-Bug-[/quote]

Bug

While I agree with you that everyone should exercise their right to vote, I fail to see your point. If you are implying that all of the non voters would have voted yes than you have a point. If the remaining vote no than you are completely off base. Regardless, my former Secretary/Treasurer and his cronies have put 710 in the position it's in. That's a fact. Blame needs to be placed where it deserves to be placed and that's with Flynn. The people that chose to vote decided the deal isn't good enough. Those that choose not to vote feel as if their votes don't count and if this contract is forced their assumptions will become reality.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We did, and our former leadership used union funds as their own personal slush fund. Now we are at the mercy if the IBT. It's nobody's fault but theirs if we are forced into the original handshake. Sure Hoffa could allow another vote but how does he explain how he allowed a better negotiated deal for less people? An honest person makes 500 to oversee 710. A dishonest one leaves with others money and a total operating mess. 710 has other problems than just a a UPS contract to focus on. Sad but true

My pet peeve.... is people that don't vote.

Your Local does have its hand's full. I wish you luck.

Members shouldn't have to go through things like that.

What are you talking about " big union guy" I was elected steward for 9 years. Was elected alternate for ten more. You don't know me.

That was an assumption on my part....

Based off, the (years) of experience in dealing with TDU people.

(Most of whom.... distort the truth, to fit their agenda.)

-Bug-

My pet peeve.... is people that don't vote.

Your Local does have its hand's full. I wish you luck.

Members shouldn't have to go through things like that.

That was an assumption on my part....

Based off, the (years) of experience in dealing with TDU people.

(Most of whom.... distort the truth, to fit their agenda.)

-Bug-
The "not voting" I cant understand?

slantnosechevy

It's a sign of complacency.

The company looks at it as "winning the war".

Focusing on "weak willed" employee's.... is what their management strategy is.

Sort of "culling the herd".

The less they know about you, the better off you will be.

-Bug-

Couldn't agree more. The same guys who don't vote are the same guys who don't know where their respective union halls are. They might see the address on a letterhead but 90% of the current members haven't even been to a union meeting. The same goes for filling out a grievance. They get pushed around by punk managers and ask "where's the union?" Some don't even ask that. The union is in the mirror.

Ron Carey lives on

What does whether you are tdu, or independent, old guard have to do with helping thousands of members in limbo. Anyway, stay strong rank and file 710

Sent using BrownCafe App