8 hour requests are a joke here.

I will continue to use my 8 hour request when I see fit. In fact I have one in for this coming Friday. It is not to screw with management or my fellow workers. It is so I can have a decent day for a change.
I welcome my fellow drivers to do the same and I do not complain when I get extra work so they can have their 8 hr request.
I take my two,8 hour days....because I can (be a dick)

I found it the other night.

While I don't have it in front me right this second I believe you can only file if your load isn't adjusted after the approval of an 8 hr. request.

What's to stop them from denying the request every time?

Like say... my center manager.
They have to give a certain percantage od 8 hour requests per day. It goes by seniority.

aiian

And who polices that? No one.

I'm probably 0-10 on 8 hr. requests in my tenure at UPS.

Each time I either hear nothing or am denied with the same 'manning' excuse.

Even my steward says there isn't much that can be done about it.

By The Book

My local supplement says 10% per day but only one per loop.
The new language here is 10% off per day and it goes by seniority. Have to give notice before start of the shift 5 days in advance but the loop language is gone. Also not allowed in peak season which was extended. An example of this would be if there were 3 drivers in a loop they could all put in for 8 hour requests, and get them. This would take a miracle but the language supports this as long as they were within the percentage requirements of amount of requests on that day.

BrownTexas

The real question is... Have you filed the 10 times you weren't given it? You get a 2 hour penalty pay. But if you didn't file on any of them and I was your sup... I would deny you every time. Gotta file to make them know your serious about it. Otherwise they just laugh at you behind your back as soon as you turn in your request.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
To bad you're not in the Central.

We wrote the book.... on 8-hr requests.

-Bug-
I'm in the Central and have brought back stops at least 5 times in the last 12 years, never on the same Center Manager twice.
The first key is being able to prove you communicated with your management team that they need to take work to facilitate your 8 hour request.
The second key is finding the fortitude to take them to task and call their bluff.

The second key seems to be the hardest.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

facepalm.jpg

If you DONT file there certainly isnt anything that can be done . jeez,my management team would LOVE to have some of you people in my building lol