8am start Monday 11/26. Peaks here officially tomorrow! let's go

Can someone please explain to me the miles/stops. I hear that pop up every once and a while and don't understand why that is meaningful. On average during the year I deliver 185 +/- stops and drive anywhere from 60 to 70 miles. That has already increased but for conversation sake what exactly is the deal with this ratio?

over9five

Staff member
Can someone please explain to me the miles/stops. I hear that pop up every once and a while and don't understand why that is meaningful. On average during the year I deliver 185 +/- stops and drive anywhere from 60 to 70 miles. That has already increased but for conversation sake what exactly is the deal with this ratio?
Imagine if you did 185 stops with 100 miles now. See how that would take a lot longer?
Or 185 with 40 miles, wouldn't take as long.

Indecisi0n

My dispatch increases stops and miles because he is an idiot. When you show him his own dispatch on a map he shakes his head.

W

want to retire

What peak? In our feeder dept, you might get a little extra work....maybe....otherwise....just another day.

Imagine if you did 185 stops with 100 miles now. See how that would take a lot longer?
Or 185 with 40 miles, wouldn't take as long.

I understand that, I guess my question is that number more important to management or drivers. Are drivers rated on this number? There are a few guys I know of that will drive one extra exit just to tack on one additional mile. If I actually followed the trace exactly I would double those miles on someday's with some of the add cuts they throw in the middle of my board lmao

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Damn! I can't believe this is happening again this year!
I talked with the Corporate IE folks and they said they were not planning on peak this year.
Another year that peak season slipped up on them.

Indecisi0n

No. AND DON'T SUGGEST IT!!!!!!:happy-very:

Whats her email?

Moving-picture-circus-train-coming-to-town-animated-gif.gif

S

serenity now

if you were bumping up close to 180 miles or more it would be meaningful

over9five

Staff member
I'd help. I love Christmas. Outside lights up & on last weekend. Christmas music on surround sound too .
Did I mention, I love Christmas??!!
I like setting up the lights and stuff, but maybe not till it's December.
And I don't like Christmas music till half way thru December!

Indecisi0n

We already decorated the house with the Xmas music playing. I love this time of year. I might even go out today and buy a few more decorations.